Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FSNO on Charter and More

Dont worry my "fsn" here in new orleans says Mavs game... the guide lies.

I love Lafayette, played @ artmosphere quite a few times. love that joint.

From 700,000 to 2.5 mil. Cox must have been THE worst television contract ever. The Saints defense of TV contracts.

I learned of two that were worse.

Also, at one time the Blazers, on Charter, could not be seen in Portland. The Blazers and Charter have the same owner.

Ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The Saints defense of TV contracts.
    I spit my water out when I read that!

For you guys saying your TV guide doesn't list the Hornets game... check again in the morning when FSNO actually goes live (remember... it technically still doesn't exist yet)... look at the FSN channel all over the Gulf Coast including Mississippi and our buddy there over in ole Laffy (I lived there for 18 months)

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post

Also, at one time the Blazers, on Charter, could not be seen in Portland. The Blazers and Charter have the same owner.

Ponder.
    how the? wait? what? seriously?

also... let's take time to notice that CST will be showing Texas A&M vs. LSU women's volleyball while the Hornets game is on Halloween night
    Last edited by rt0307; 10-30-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Ponder.
    Lmao......that's insane.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thanks guys! Silverfoxx sends his love!!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

What channel will Fox NOLA be on Charter on the northshore?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Update for this morning?

42 can't hide behind the "It'll be on the 31st" thing anymore.
    Wherehappens.

1738 on Uverse is now updated with the right time for Hornets pre-game. I just hope that I get the station on my package, there is no way to tell right now since there is no programming until then.

Soft launch my butt.

On Cox, the station name has not changed (yet) but the guide is now showing the Hornets game will be televised instead of the Mavericks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

As if I'm reporting anything that isn't a press release of a conversation with FSNO executives.

As the article states, the distributors can change things.

I think not all boxes update immediately, it depends on if you are using one of those cards and a separate tuner, etc.

The game will be on, the logo will be there. The station will be doing it's job. How the distributors package is on them.

But, I think most of you will be satisfied, PHaze. Some people, however, never will.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckev View Post
    What channel will Fox NOLA be on Charter on the northshore?
    I talked with a charter rep today and yesterday. They still have no information about the new channel, they asked around when i told them about the article 42 posted and said that their guess is that the channel would be 33 and 810 for HD. 810 is currently FSHOU, they told me they have no information about the new channel so they could not tell me a time it would officially "switch over". I just know I will be one ****** off mother ****** if the game does not come on at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I talked with a charter rep today and yesterday. They still have no information about the new channel, they asked around when i told them about the article 42 posted and said that their guess is that the channel would be 33 and 810 for HD. 810 is currently FSHOU, they told me they have no information about the new channel so they could not tell me a time it would officially "switch over". I just know I will be one ****** off mother ****** if the game does not come on at 7.
    It SHOULD be showing the pregame as well so you'll at least have a 30 minute cushion to know if it's working or not.

The station guys have asked the distributors to slide it in to their FS slot. What the distributors do is up to them. I'd not pay attention to front line reps.

Escalate.

Starter
    Yes! I came on here hoping to see good news that Charter came to an agreement. Even though I plan on dumping them soon and going back to Dish cause they suck, I'll probably at least be stuck with him for another month or so and would have hated to miss any games.

Also, if I do get the game..for those familiar with me on SR.com, I will probably have it on the "Jimbo's Whodatnation". wink wink
    Last edited by james_k_p; 10-31-2012 at 10:14 AM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    It SHOULD be showing the pregame as well so you'll at least have a 30 minute cushion to know if it's working or not.
    True.

Ok i just spoke to someone at Dish Network and they have no idea what Fox Sports New Orleans is. I can't find it anywhere on my guide. I'm nervous. Anyone here have Dish and can help??

Starter
    The phone Reps are usually the last to know things like this, as crazy as that sounds. I guess companies like that don't do email blasts to it's staff of new updates/changes.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjr23 View Post
    Ok i just spoke to someone at Dish Network and they have no idea what Fox Sports New Orleans is. I can't find it anywhere on my guide. I'm nervous. Anyone here have Dish and can help??
    I also spoke with someone from dish this morning and they had no idea whatsoever. First he referred me to the channel listings for the different packages. I told him that this is a new channel that is supposed to go live today so that info is useless. He said he was "researching" the issue some more and came back with "that channel is not available in our lineup". So I linked him to multiple press releases stating Dish Network as a local provider for that channel and again had to explain to him that it is a new channel that is going live today. I also explained that I read that it should be replacing Fox Sports South or added as a new channel and that I just want to know what channel it will be or if it won't be available in my current package. The only answer I got was that "it should be available later". Which seemed like a cop out because he didn't know what was going on. I'm not at home to check my channel guide but if any other dish customers have any info please let us know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    On Cox, the station name has not changed (yet) but the guide is now showing the Hornets game will be televised instead of the Mavericks.
    the station name will not change. it'll be like what they do for OKC or the Rockets.

it's still FSSW when the Hornets aren't playing... but when it's game time it "becomes" FSNOLA

just like it becomes FSHouston for the Rockets and FSThunder for OKC

Currently on my FSSW Spurs Insider is on. SPURS INSIDER. In New Orleans.

Continue to freak out.

Then research how these stations share content.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    FOX Sports Southwest,FOX’s regional sports network currently serving Louisiana,will be re-branded as FOX Sports New Orleans throughout the Hornets TV territory on October 31 to coincide with the Hornets’ season opener. FOX Sports New Orleans will televise 75 regular-season Hornets games this season.
    Here is what concerns me. Im on MS Gulf Coast and am a Dish customer. I only see Fox Sports SOUTH listed in my package according to Dish Networks website. Not Fox Sports SouthWEST. But the release says the new channel will be available in MS. So will Fox Sports SOUTH also switch over to Fox Sports New Orleans tonight?

Depends on market and provider. Should get the shared content. All the way through the pandandle beaches is eligible.

Thread Information