Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Livingston Cut By Rockets... Make It Happen Demps?

Shaun Livingston Cut By Rockets... Make It Happen Demps?

Just wanted to pick the Zombies' brains on that.

Last edited by NemesisKING; 10-29-2012 at 04:06 PM.

That means they're keeping Machado.

We'd be his 8th team in 8 years, and his 6th in 4. He had so much promise, but he hasn't ever delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    We'd be his 8th team in 8 years, and his 6th in 4. He had so much promise, but he hasn't ever delivered.
    Didn't he have a terrible knee injury?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    It was like what happened to Marcus Lattimore only no one hit him first. Brutal stuff to see happen. Derailed his career for like two years.

he didn't look that bad in preseason. I say we sign him, but I think that the hornets want to see if Rivers can eventally man the point position at some point in the season.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

I think he's recovered from that, at least it looked that way when we played the rockets.

He did, didn't he? I completely forgot. I guess over time I forgot about the injury and just thought he never lived up to potential. My bad.

Yes Yes Yes

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
    he didn't look that bad in preseason. I say we sign him, but I think that the hornets want to see if Rivers can eventally man the point position at some point in the season.
    Yeah, you can still do that while bringing in this young veteran point guard, there is no long term commitment in signing him. Plus all the talk about a small move for back court help, Devin Harris, this would be a much better deal. You then use those same player you were going to trade for him or another PG/SG for help in another area.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    He did, didn't he? I completely forgot. I guess over time I forgot about the injury and just thought he never lived up to potential. My bad.
    Well, to be fair i'm not sure he was living up to potential before then, and i think he broke his leg really bad. He averaged like 9 and 5 in his best season.

Looks like all he can do is take it to the hole, no jump shots, no passing. I'd pass on him personally.

His knee injury messed him up. He was very promising until then. Hasn't been the same since.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I was thinking this when I saw that he got waived. Both he and Vasquez are bench guys. I think it would be a good battle to see who could start.

I say do it.

Damn stupid Rockets can't do anything right. They were supposed to release Machado.

too smiliar to vasquez..big, slow PG who is below average shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It was like what happened to Marcus Lattimore only no one hit him first. Brutal stuff to see happen. Derailed his career for like two years.

ooooo that lattimore injury was nasty. One of my favorite college Rbs. Hopefully he can bounce back like Willis mcgehee
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    too smiliar to vasquez..big, slow PG who is below average shooter.

That's not right, even after that knee injury at this point he's way more athletic, faster and more explosive than vasquez. He's a better player now, will be next year and the year after.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Looks like all he can do is take it to the hole, no jump shots, no passing. I'd pass on him personally.
    It's funny how you completely know what someone can or cant do when you had to ask if he was the guy who had a bad knee injury. He averaged something like 5 assists his rookie year and has produced solidly whenever he got an opportunity (after his injury). He has in no way lived up to his 4th overall status but to say he cant do this or cant do that when you have barley watched him is just wrong. It's not like he would take over a starting job or anything. He wouldnt be a huge addition, he would sit on the end of the bench and can contribute a good 15-18 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    It's funny how you completely know what someone can or cant do when you had to ask if he was the guy who had a bad knee injury. He averaged something like 5 assists his rookie year and has produced solidly whenever he got an opportunity (after his injury). He has in no way lived up to his 4th overall status but to say he cant do this or cant do that when you have barley watched him is just wrong. It's not like he would take over a starting job or anything. He wouldnt be a huge addition, he would sit on the end of the bench and can contribute a good 15-18 mpg.
    So he averaged 5 assist 9 years ago and if he's been so solid, then why is he constantly moving on to other teams? Give me a break. He averaged 19 MPG last year and had a whopping 2 assist per game. We need a distrubtor, he is not that. He's had 9 years to show what he can or can't do. At this point we know we're getting 4 or 5 ppg and 2 assist per game. So what's wrong about that? What am i missing? You don't think people didn't WANT to give him more of an opportunity after the injury and he just hasn't earned it?

So he averaged 5 assist 9 years ago and if he's been so solid, then why is he constantly moving on to other teams? Give me a break. He averaged 19 MPG last year and had a whopping 2 assist per game. We need a distrubtor, he is not that. He's had 9 years to show what he can or can't do. At this point we know we're getting 4 or 5 ppg and 2 assist per game. So what's wrong about that? What am i missing? You don't think people didn't WANT to give him more of an opportunity after the injury and he just hasn't earned it?
    He has a very odd size for the position he plays and has had a rough career. He obviously has some talent or other teams wouldnt't want him in the first place. Look at the amount of games he has played for each team some teams obviously used him just as trade bait. In 2010 he averaged over 9ppg and 4 and a half assits. Last year GV averaged the exact same mins as Livingston did in 2010 and had just under 9 ppg and over 5 assits. Not much difference in stats when he got PT. A whopping 2 apg? LOL you realize he was probably the 3rd pg on the bucks team last year? That isnt bad.

So when giving the same amount of time, he had very similar stats to our starting PG last year but all he can do is take it to the hole. I'm not saying he is great or anything but I think he would be an upgrade over GV. I'm not even a Livingston fan I'm just being realistic.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-30-2012 at 01:16 PM.

He has a very odd size for the position he plays and has had a rough career. He obviously has some talent or other teams would want him in the first place. Look at the amount of games he has played for each team some teams obviously used him just as trade bait. In 2010 he averaged over 9ppg and 4 and a half assits. Last year GV averaged the exact same mins as Livingston did in 2010 and had just under 9 ppg and over 5 assits. Not much difference in stats when he got PT. A whopping 2 apg? LOL you realize he was probably the 3rd pg on the bucks team last year? That isnt bad.
    And why was he the third PG on the Bucks ? So what's your point? He's as good as GV and is older. So you think we should sign him to take minutes from GV or Rivers? I don't see your point. I said we shouldn't sign him bc there's no point, what's your point sir? Sign him to sit on the bench or play 5 mins a game?

And why was he the third PG on the Bucks ? So what's your point? He's as good as GV and is older. So you think we should sign him to take minutes from GV or Rivers? I don't see your point. I said we shouldn't sign him bc there's no point, what's your point sir? Sign him to sit on the bench or play 5 mins a game?
    Dude you do realize he's only 2 years older than Vasquez right? He is faster, more athletic, better ball handler and better defender than Vasquez (the defense isnt saying much but still). Livingston would be cheap great depth or can replace GV if traded. I'm not saying we should sign him, but to say all he can do is take it to the whole is wrong.

Dude you do realize he's only 2 years older than Vasquez right? He is faster, more athletic, better ball handler and better defender than Vasquez (the defense isnt saying much but still). Livingston would be cheap great depth or can replace GV if traded. I'm not saying we should sign him, but to say all he can do is take it to the whole is wrong.
    Ok. If he's got all of those skills that you say, then why does he keep getting cut? Why not replace Grevis if he's better in every area of the game, which you've stated? You think he's better than I think he is. agree to disagree.

Ok. If he's got all of those skills that you say, then why does he keep getting cut? Why not replace Grevis if he's better in every area of the game, which you've stated? You think he's better than I think he is. agree to disagree.
    That's fine but where did I list his skills? I said in those few things I mentioned he is better that than GV. And I never said he was better then him in every area of the game, I just think it would be an upgrade. Especially with all the hate GV is getting now. That's all. I don't think it would make us great and I don't even think we should def. do it I'm just saying I don't think it would be a bad sign.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-30-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Thread Information