Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Small move before Wed?

I would be willing to bet Greivis was trying to do a few things a little out of his comfort zone. Couple that with new teammates and transitioning from playing with his national team(different style) and I believe that is your explanation for the turnovers. Is he the answer at PG? No I don't think so, but I also think he is better than his preseason performance. He will be solid for us this year. I'm not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    I would be willing to bet Greivis was trying to do a few things a little out of his comfort zone. Couple that with new teammates and transitioning from playing with his national team(different style) and I believe that is your explanation for the turnovers. Is he the answer at PG? No I don't think so, but I also think he is better than his preseason performance. He will be solid for us this year. I'm not worried.
    I really hope you are right, but I would be shocked by "solid"

You are graded based upon how you do against the guy in front of you. "Solid" would be what you would say about a guy who is the 17th-23rd best starting PG in the league because solid means that the player is winning his matches some nights, losing it on others.

To me, Vasquez is either the 29th or 30th best starter in the league and even though it is not his fault that the Hornets are forced to start him, those are the cards he was dealt and the ones he will have to play.

If we are talking about him as a starting point guard in the league, and therefore grading him based on how he performs relative to the other starting PG's in the league, I expect him to be horrible.
    @mcnamara247

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Greivis wouldn't even be the best PG coming off the bench (Though he'd be top 10, maybe top 5) so he won't be solid by your definition. Hopefully he suprises.

After watching these few games tonight, it's clear that we may have the slowest PG in the entire league... Look how quickly Cole, Chalmers, Rondo, Collison, Nash, etc. ran the fast break compared to Vasquez...

It's Wednesday!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    It's Wednesday!
    just remember the odds were like a weatherman giving a 50% chance of rain....pretty much means to me that it will either rain or it won't....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    just remember the odds were like a weatherman giving a 50% chance of rain....pretty much means to me that it will either rain or it won't....
    50% odds?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    50% odds?
    I am teasing because it was reported the chances of us doing something was 50/50...

Once the Hornets decided on their player options, I think the odds went down, but I don't know that for sure.

The morning before the Hornets made the decisions on options, Dell was on the phone aggressively. That I know. Since the Hornets announced their decisions on player options, which came about 48 hours before the deadline, my source said his team has not heard from Dell, nor have they heard any rumblings through other teams.

My guess? The trade Dell offered included two guys who he had to decide on. I am sure he shopped those guys to other teams as well. He didn't like what people felt those players were worth, so he just went ahead with his decisions on the options and will revisit trade options down the road.

My philosophy has always been that this is the hardest time to try and rob another team. All 30 teams are unrealistic about their chances at this point and want to go forward with what they got. By February, several teams will have underachieved and will be realizing they have to dump some vets. That's when you rob them

Or if it's Orlando, you just rob them at any point of the year. I mean, they gave up Dwight and Ryan Anderson- the #1 and #3 bigs in the league according to projected WARP for Gustavo Ayon, Aaron Afflalo, and some pumpkin seeds. Not even toasted pumpkin seeds at that

Small move before Wed?

On tapatalk so couldn't copy and paste thread. If someone could please copy and paste into " the trade" thread or merge. Thanks.

Thread Information