Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Small move before Wed?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Small move before Wed?

Michael McNamara@McNamara247 Was just told that Demps is exploring several small deals and there is 50/50 chance something gets done by opening night. Will keep u posted
    What do you guys think it could be? Backup 2?
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-29-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Guard depth is the biggest need.

They need a shooter desperately. aR will take a couple years in that dept.

Brian Roberts still on the roster?

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    yes

Thanks WhoDatHornet96.

And what has been Warrick been doing? Maybe they're looking for a deal involving him.

Isn't Roberts' contract not guaranteed? We can just release him if we don't want him.

I am wondering if we are trying to move X. He has been in the dog house.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Isn't Roberts' contract not guaranteed? We can just release him if we don't want him.

I am wondering if we are trying to move X. He has been in the dog house.
    I'd imagine. He had his shot this camp to win the spot or at least grab the seocnd spot over a second round pick. He didn't so he will either be shipped out or not extended.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Warrick is still a member of the roster as well. Although I see it as a big possibility for him to be on the trading block

Brandon Rush..... Please, Lord be BRANDON RUSH!

He is reportedly "unhappy" in Golden State because he wants to start, but they might go with Harrison Barnes. They also have Richard Jefferson at the SF position, so they are stockpiled. PLEASE be Brandon Rush!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet96 View Post
    Warrick is still a member of the roster as well. Although I see it as a big possibility for him to be on the trading block
    Warrick for Brandon Rush straight up works.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    And what has been Warrick been doing? Maybe they're looking for a deal involving him.
    The Mavs have quite a few guards and are thin at SF/PF with Dirk out.
    The Rockets have too many players on their roster so I could see a small trade if Demps wants to have his pick of potentially waived players.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Brandon Rush..... Please, Lord be BRANDON RUSH!

He is reportedly "unhappy" in Golden State because he wants to start, but they might go with Harrison Barnes. They also have Richard Jefferson at the SF position, so they are stockpiled. PLEASE be Brandon Rush!
    I'd like that too, but my question is would he start here?

I could definitely see something along those lines happening

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    The Mavs have quite a few guards and are thin at SF/PF with Dirk out.
    The Rockets have too many players on their roster so I could see a small trade if Demps wants to have his pick of potentially waived players.
    They might try to send us Delonte West!

I don't know if Dell Monty would go for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet96 View Post
    I could definitely see something along those lines happening
    I don't see why he wouldn't (if not immediately, then eventually). He'd clearly be our best SF. Rush is a lights out shooter, athletic, and a solid defender.

Basically everything we're looking for.

Unfortunately, Demps is probably looking at a smaller type of move (i.e. pick up a shooter from waivers). I'd also love to grab Rush though.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-29-2012 at 02:22 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Speaking of Mavs, Stein says the Mavs are shopping Dominique Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I'd like that too, but my question is would he start here?
    Yeah, he is a 40% 3-point shooter, super athletic, long, and still relatively young. He is the perfect candidate here.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yeah, he is a 40% 3-point shooter, super athletic, long, and still relatively young. He is the perfect candidate here.
    Then I'm all for it. He'd be a great fit here.

Michael McNamara ‏@McNamara247

"Mystery player" as u guys are calling him is a guy who has started for 4 teams now and is on an expiring. That is the last I will say on it

-------------

sounds like mo williams to me just ran through the free agency list. Can't really see anyone else

Dont intend to tease you all about this- I came out two days before the GV for Pondexter trade was going down last year because I was 100% that was going down. In this scenario, Dell is floating out a couple guys before the October 31st deadline and is also willing to listen to offers on a few guys that he would rather not move but might if the return was good enough.

The one deal I know he proposed would have been a coup for the Hornets, but he was turned down.

Point is, he is active and we have seen him do this in two consecutive offseasons, making deals right before the start of the season
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    Michael McNamara ‏@McNamara247

"Mystery player" as u guys are calling him is a guy who has started for 4 teams now and is on an expiring. That is the last I will say on it

-------------

sounds like mo williams to me just ran through the free agency list. Can't really see anyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Dont intend to tease you all about this- I came out two days before the GV for Pondexter trade was going down last year because I was 100% that was going down. In this scenario, Dell is floating out a couple guys before the October 31st deadline and is also willing to listen to offers on a few guys that he would rather not move but might if the return was good enough.

The one deal I know he proposed would have been a coup for the Hornets, but he was turned down.

Point is, he is active and we have seen him do this in two consecutive offseasons, making deals right before the start of the season
    Just give us a name!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Just give us a name!!!!! lol
    fo realz....
    I am guessing bye bye Hakim Warrick?

I'm going to go ahead and guess that Michael is talking about Raja Bell.

He's played for plenty of teams, has an expiring contract, fulfills two needs (long-range shooting and vet presence), and is disgruntled with his current team.

I, personally, want us to go after Korver or Morrow. Surely Atlanta doesn't need both of those snipers.

Then again, they are expiring contracts too.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-29-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Small move before Wed?

What's Michael redd up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information