.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 160

Thread: Small move before Wed?

  1. #1
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788

    Small move before Wed?

    Michael McNamara@McNamara247 Was just told that Demps is exploring several small deals and there is 50/50 chance something gets done by opening night. Will keep u posted
    What do you guys think it could be? Backup 2?
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-29-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  2. #2
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,984
    Guard depth is the biggest need.

  3. #3
    They need a shooter desperately. aR will take a couple years in that dept.

  4. #4
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Brian Roberts still on the roster?

  5. #5
    pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pelicans Nation
    Posts
    119
    yes

  6. #6
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Thanks WhoDatHornet96.

    And what has been Warrick been doing? Maybe they're looking for a deal involving him.

  7. #7
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788
    Isn't Roberts' contract not guaranteed? We can just release him if we don't want him.

    I am wondering if we are trying to move X. He has been in the dog house.

  8. #8
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,780
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Isn't Roberts' contract not guaranteed? We can just release him if we don't want him.

    I am wondering if we are trying to move X. He has been in the dog house.
    I'd imagine. He had his shot this camp to win the spot or at least grab the seocnd spot over a second round pick. He didn't so he will either be shipped out or not extended.

  9. #9
    pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pelicans Nation
    Posts
    119
    Warrick is still a member of the roster as well. Although I see it as a big possibility for him to be on the trading block

  10. #10
    Brandon Rush..... Please, Lord be BRANDON RUSH!

    He is reportedly "unhappy" in Golden State because he wants to start, but they might go with Harrison Barnes. They also have Richard Jefferson at the SF position, so they are stockpiled. PLEASE be Brandon Rush!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet96 View Post
    Warrick is still a member of the roster as well. Although I see it as a big possibility for him to be on the trading block
    Warrick for Brandon Rush straight up works.

  12. #12
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    And what has been Warrick been doing? Maybe they're looking for a deal involving him.
    The Mavs have quite a few guards and are thin at SF/PF with Dirk out.
    The Rockets have too many players on their roster so I could see a small trade if Demps wants to have his pick of potentially waived players.

  13. #13
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,345
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Brandon Rush..... Please, Lord be BRANDON RUSH!

    He is reportedly "unhappy" in Golden State because he wants to start, but they might go with Harrison Barnes. They also have Richard Jefferson at the SF position, so they are stockpiled. PLEASE be Brandon Rush!
    I'd like that too, but my question is would he start here?

  14. #14
    pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pelicans Nation
    Posts
    119
    I could definitely see something along those lines happening

  15. #15
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    The Mavs have quite a few guards and are thin at SF/PF with Dirk out.
    The Rockets have too many players on their roster so I could see a small trade if Demps wants to have his pick of potentially waived players.
    They might try to send us Delonte West!



    I don't know if Dell Monty would go for that though.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet96 View Post
    I could definitely see something along those lines happening
    I don't see why he wouldn't (if not immediately, then eventually). He'd clearly be our best SF. Rush is a lights out shooter, athletic, and a solid defender.

    Basically everything we're looking for.

    Unfortunately, Demps is probably looking at a smaller type of move (i.e. pick up a shooter from waivers). I'd also love to grab Rush though.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-29-2012 at 02:22 PM.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  17. #17
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Speaking of Mavs, Stein says the Mavs are shopping Dominique Jones.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I'd like that too, but my question is would he start here?
    Yeah, he is a 40% 3-point shooter, super athletic, long, and still relatively young. He is the perfect candidate here.

  19. #19
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,345
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yeah, he is a 40% 3-point shooter, super athletic, long, and still relatively young. He is the perfect candidate here.
    Then I'm all for it. He'd be a great fit here.

  20. #20
    Hall of Famer Pelicans23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Marrero,Louisiana
    Posts
    926
    Michael McNamara ‏@McNamara247

    "Mystery player" as u guys are calling him is a guy who has started for 4 teams now and is on an expiring. That is the last I will say on it

    -------------

    sounds like mo williams to me just ran through the free agency list. Can't really see anyone else

  21. #21
    Dont intend to tease you all about this- I came out two days before the GV for Pondexter trade was going down last year because I was 100% that was going down. In this scenario, Dell is floating out a couple guys before the October 31st deadline and is also willing to listen to offers on a few guys that he would rather not move but might if the return was good enough.

    The one deal I know he proposed would have been a coup for the Hornets, but he was turned down.

    Point is, he is active and we have seen him do this in two consecutive offseasons, making deals right before the start of the season
    @mcnamara247

  22. #22
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    Michael McNamara ‏@McNamara247

    "Mystery player" as u guys are calling him is a guy who has started for 4 teams now and is on an expiring. That is the last I will say on it

    -------------

    sounds like mo williams to me just ran through the free agency list. Can't really see anyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Dont intend to tease you all about this- I came out two days before the GV for Pondexter trade was going down last year because I was 100% that was going down. In this scenario, Dell is floating out a couple guys before the October 31st deadline and is also willing to listen to offers on a few guys that he would rather not move but might if the return was good enough.

    The one deal I know he proposed would have been a coup for the Hornets, but he was turned down.

    Point is, he is active and we have seen him do this in two consecutive offseasons, making deals right before the start of the season
    Just give us a name!!!!! lol

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Just give us a name!!!!! lol
    fo realz....
    I am guessing bye bye Hakim Warrick?

  24. #24
    I'm going to go ahead and guess that Michael is talking about Raja Bell.

    He's played for plenty of teams, has an expiring contract, fulfills two needs (long-range shooting and vet presence), and is disgruntled with his current team.

    I, personally, want us to go after Korver or Morrow. Surely Atlanta doesn't need both of those snipers.

    Then again, they are expiring contracts too.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-29-2012 at 02:29 PM.

  25. #25

    Small move before Wed?

    What's Michael redd up to?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    #QUAILS MOM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •