Pelicans Report

Thread: Manu Ginobili will not make the trio to New Orleans

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar

Manu Ginobili will not make the trio to New Orleans

"@MasonGinsberg: Per @Monroe_SA, #Spurs' Manu Ginobili won't travel to New Orleans for opener vs. #Hornets due to issues w/ his back."

Some good news for us.
    Wherehappens.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I never wish for injuries but that is good news for the Hornets.

Hopefully Gordon, Smith and Rivers are good to go and we get the big home win to start the season!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Hopefully Gordon, Smith and Rivers are good to go and we get the big home win to start the season!
    Monty said he might bring Gordon in off the bench until he is 100% (im assuming thats why)

Might actually be a good thing for us at least to start the season. The bench will put up some points.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Monty said he might bring Gordon in off the bench until he is 100% (im assuming thats why)

Might actually be a good thing for us at least to start the season. The bench will put up some points.
    When did coach say he would bring Gordon off the bench?

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    "I'm going to talk to him," Williams said. "It may be beneficial for him to come off the bench. I'm not sure. We'll see."
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...have_four.html

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    When did coach say he would bring Gordon off the bench?

11m Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty hopeful Gordon will play Wednesday, may use him for now as a reserve. Monty: "It might be beneficial to have him come off the bench."

"I'm going to talk to Dr. (Scott) Montgomery and make sure we're not doing anything that's going to hurt him going forward. That's the biggest deal for me. Guys want to play, but you've got to make sure they're right. And we'll talk to Eric, talk to Ish (Ishop) and as far as I know Doc has said this is the best thing for him, the way we've gone about it. So best-case scenario is him coming back and being ready to play on Wednesday."

In what capacity, though, remains unclear.

"I'm going to talk to him," Williams said. "It may be beneficial for him to come off the bench. I'm not sure. We'll see."
    Sounds like he's going to talk to Gordon's doc to see what would be beneficial or in what capacity would it be ok to use Eric right now.

Even if Gordon comes off the bench, I'd still expect him to play at least 30 minutes.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    A pity. I want to face a title contender at their strongest. Leave no room for doubt.

Thread Information