Pelicans Report

Thread: Erase the Preseason from your mind.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

NBA Erase the Preseason from your mind.

My advice to you is to erase the preseason from your mind and start with a brand new slate starting Wed vs the Spurs. Its too small of a smaple to really know plus, I base alot of it in having dealt wirh 21 years of watching preseason games that gave false hopes and false doom.

The real deal begins this week and thats when we will learn what guys will squrim under pressure and who will embrace the heat. Coaches will tolerate less and expect more.Its "money time"...( Playoffs are REAL MONEY time)

We shall see if what is taught at practice will translate to on the court performance and from what players.

Yes indeed lads! This is where we shall see who the players are vs who are the pretenders.
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I am with you. Gordon, Smith and Rivers missed time throughout. We never played with our full roster the entire preseason. I just hope I will be able to see the games this week. Sandy is threatening my b-ball jones!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Only thing that really stuck out to me in preseason is Miller's stroke from 3 and Robin Lopez's ability to rebound. The rest of it I was hoping to forget anyway

Thread Information