Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gordon and Rivers were both "full" at practice today/No guarantee for opener

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    Man, the kid is tough... Probably could teach EJ a thing or two in that regard
    In all fairness Rivers was given sensu beans by Master Roshi. But yeah he is a tank... Oops i said it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    The second time Rivers fell my whole family was freaking out thinking he tore something until he walked off on his own. Such an awkward looking fall. Thank God he's alright though.
    My brother said he looked like he was auditioning for The Matrix.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post

He's impressing with his toughness though.
    Considering the injury in both cases weren't as bad as his reaction to them. If you saw the injury to Marcus Lattimore, then you know his reaction wasn't as bad as Austin Rivers', Yeah he's tough, if tough is not really being hurt that bad in the first place an being able to play. All he was missing was a wheel chair so he could Paul Pierce it.

I say that all in fun, I'm ready to see the kid start next to Eric Gordon and since technically EG is going to be controlling the ball hopefully he can become a sniper for now at the point, get to the basket when he has to and knock down his free throws.

LETS GET IT ON!

good that means when i go to the game wednesday both will be in action.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Reid said Smith is still rehabbing.
    So he wont be playing on Wednesday?

^^ Not really sure. They haven't really said much about him. I guess we'll hear more in the next day or two.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Thanks Hunny!!........did you see what I did there? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Thanks Hunny!!........did you see what I did there? LOL

ETA: I do hope we hear something about him soon though.

Hopefully we can keep EJ healthy for a couple months in a row and then before the trade deadline unload him for a nice package like what Okc got for Harden. It's almost unfortunate that Houston got Harden because they would have been one of the primary bidder's for EJ's services when we decide to unload him.

Not saying we will unload him, but I have my suspicions about it still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    Man, the kid is tough... Probably could teach EJ a thing or two in that regard
    Lol! I know right

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Hopefully we can keep EJ healthy for a couple months in a row and then before the trade deadline unload him for a nice package like what Okc got for Harden. It's almost unfortunate that Houston got Harden because they would have been one of the primary bidder's for EJ's services when we decide to unload him.

Not saying we will unload him, but I have my suspicions about it still.
    Unless I'm mistaken Gordon can't be traded at all this year.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    That's right!

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    thanks for this news. suffering through this saints game & needed something.

Good lord let basketball season start. Where the hurt can only last a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    That's right!
    Not correct. He has a no trade clause which means he has to agree with the trade the 1st year, but he is eligible to be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Considering the injury in both cases weren't as bad as his reaction to them. If you saw the injury to Marcus Lattimore, then you know his reaction wasn't as bad as Austin Rivers', Yeah he's tough, if tough is not really being hurt that bad in the first place an being able to play. All he was missing was a wheel chair so he could Paul Pierce it.

I say that all in fun, I'm ready to see the kid start next to Eric Gordon and since technically EG is going to be controlling the ball hopefully he can become a sniper for now at the point, get to the basket when he has to and knock down his free throws.

LETS GET IT ON!
    Lattimore was in shock. You could see it in his face. Anyways I have torn my knee up (just two ligaments) and my leg dislocated like Lattimore's. Honestly I have had way worse reactions to rolled ankles and stuff. It's almost as if it looks so bad you don't know what to think. With that said though, yea Austin's reaction didn't look like he could take pain too much.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Not correct. He has a no trade clause which means he has to agree with the trade the 1st year, but he is eligible to be traded.
    Really don't see any way we trade him this year unless we get a king's ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Good lord let basketball season start. Where the hurt can only last a few days.

Welp, due to Sandy, I couldn't fly out to my clients this week. IE i'll be at the season opener wednesday!!!

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Hopefully those two can somehow stay healthy most of this year. I'm talking 70+ games from each, but I would be satisfied with 65+ from each.

We've already seen in preseason so far that with good guard play, we can compete with good teams. But with bad guard play, we'll get blown out by the bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Really don't see any way we trade him this year unless we get a king's ransom.
    Agreed. We won't get a kings ransom for several reason.

Only one team offered him a max deal and that's the one team we can't trade him to at all. I doubt Gordon would agree to play for a team after they send us the assets to justify the trade.

If we trade Gordon I highly doubt it will be before his no trade clause expires.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Agreed. We won't get a kings ransom for several reason.

Only one team offered him a max deal and that's the one team we can't trade him to at all. I doubt Gordon would agree to play for a team after they send us the assets to justify the trade.

If we trade Gordon I highly doubt it will be before his no trade clause expires.
    Gordon needs to prove he can stay healthy to get his value up in this league. No one's going to trade for a max player that hasnt proved he can stay on the court except houston, who already made their deal.

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Status of Jason Smith (shoulder) still being monitored, but he practiced today. Monty: "We'll see tomorrow (to make further evaluation)."

Austin Rivers (ankle) practiced again today and will be ready to play Wednesday vs. San Antonio

11m Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty hopeful Gordon will play Wednesday, may use him for now as a reserve. Monty: "It might be beneficial to have him come off the bench."

13m Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty indicated Al-Farouq Aminu will start at small forward after good game at Heat. Monty: "He's going to command that spot right now."

Anthony Davis on facing Tim Duncan on Wed.: "He's a Hall of Famer and a great guy. I'm looking forward to seeing how I match up against him"

I'm ok with Gordon off the bench for now. Bring him in slowly. I would start Mason at SG to bring perimeter shooting and help out with the ball-handling.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information