Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon and Rivers were both "full" at practice today/No guarantee for opener

Gordon and Rivers were both "full" at practice today/No guarantee for opener

John Reid ‏@JohnReidTP
    Hornets' Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers both practiced today without any limitations. Stories will be up shortly on http://NOLA.com

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    it's about time

YES!!!!! great news!!

I kind of figured that we where saving Gordon for the games that count. Rivers was more of a question mark after the game against the Heat.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 10-28-2012 at 05:13 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I kind of figured they we where saving Gordon for the games that count. Rivers was more of a question mark after the game against the Heat.
    Agree on both counts. Glad to hear some good news from the Gordon injury front.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    John Reid ‏@JohnReidTP
    Hornets' Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers both practiced today without any limitations. Stories will be up shortly on http://NOLA.com

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Oh hey, preaseason is over and Gordon is magically healed!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Oh hey, preaseason is over and Gordon is magically healed!
    Let's hope he doesn't pull that in the season, but replace preseason with traded to Golden State.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Let's hope he doesn't pull that in the season, but replace preseason with traded to Golden State.
    I really wonder if he was "pullin a B.D." or was the team just being smart with it? I honestly don't know... Guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    I really wonder if he was "pullin a B.D." or was the team just being smart with it? I honestly don't know... Guess we'll see.
    If he was 'pullin a B.D.' why wouldn't he continue to pull it? B.D. would continue to pull it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I was being facetious of course. In this case, as the case last year, we were invoking it. Deliberately keeping Gordon out for the express purposes of getting this team better players. Only a real injury puts him down again.

...now for him to not get hurt again.

Any word on if Jason Smith was able to practice?
    the Legend has spoken!

New Orleans Hornets rookie guard Austin Rivers practiced Sunday despite spraining his right ankle twice last week. Rivers said his ankle is sore but not enough to keep him from practicing or playing in this Wednesday's opener against the San Antonio Spurs.

Hornets Coach Monty Williams said Rivers performed well throughout Sunday's practice.

``He's had some issues with that ankle, but to me that's just part of the game,'' Williams said.``When you are that fast and jump that high eventually you're going to come down on somebody's foot.''

Rivers appeared to roll his ankle after awkwardly falling backward with 1:33 remaining in the third quarter in the Hornets' 96-89 victory against the defending champion Heat Friday. Rivers did not return after playing 24 minutes and scoring six points

In last Monday’s preseason game against the Dallas Mavericks, Rivers sprained his right ankle after he went down awkwardly. He wore a protective boot to practice the next day and did not play in this past Wednesday’s game against the Houston Rockets at New Orleans Arena.

Instead of low tops, Rivers wore mid-cut sneakers at practice Sunday to better protect his ankles.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...kie_aus_6.html

annual Gordon opening night game winner???

Let's just wait and see. There's still 3 days left.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    Any word on if Jason Smith was able to practice?

Reid said Smith is still rehabbing.

He's baaaccckkkkk.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    He's baaaccckkkkk.
    Don't jinx it.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Don't jinx it.
    lol my bad.

So is Gordon playing in the opener or is it not sure yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    So is Gordon playing in the opener or is it not sure yet?
    It's been sure since July. Rivers has a career waiting for him in Hollywood. Boy looked like he got shot with a .50 cal both times. Jeez.

New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon participates in first contact work Sunday

For the first time since the New Orleans Hornets open training camp nearly a month ago, shooting guard Eric Gordon participated in a practice without limitations Sunday at the Alario Center.

Gordon, who missed all eight preseason games because of a sore right knee, said he took part in a shorten scrimmage and did every drill his teammates did Sunday at the Alario Center.

`` I’ve been doing contact a little bit, participating fully,’’ Gordon said. ``I’ve been doing whatever the team is doing. I’m just trying to keep progressing. I’m rehabbing but I’m doing a lot more activity with the team.’’

Whether he plays in Wednesday night’s opener against the San Antonio Spurs still has not been determined. Gordon said the decision will be left up to Coach Monty Williams and the team’s training staff but it appears likely for him to play if he continues to practice without having any setbacks.

``We’ll see what they got planned for me to do,’’ Gordon said. ``Whether its limited minutes, playing or maybe wait a while. We don’t know for sure.’’

When asked if Gordon scrimmaged with the team Sunday, Coach Monty Williams said he didn’t want to get into all of that. However, Williams did say Gordon looks stronger every day.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...d_eric_33.html

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's been sure since July. Rivers has a career waiting for him in Hollywood. Boy looked like he got shot with a .50 cal both times. Jeez.

He's impressing with his toughness though.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    The second time Rivers fell my whole family was freaking out thinking he tore something until he walked off on his own. Such an awkward looking fall. Thank God he's alright though.

Man, the kid is tough... Probably could teach EJ a thing or two in that regard

Thread Information