Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gordon and Rivers were both "full" at practice today/No guarantee for opener

My brother said Monta Ellis loves NEW ORLEANS, right next to his home Mississippi. Has also said Monta is frustrated in MIL.
    Last edited by dcoop; 10-29-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    My brother said Monta Ellis loves NEW ORLEANS, right next to his home Mississippi. Has also said Monta is frustrated in MIL.
    Already?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Anthony Davis on facing Tim Duncan on Wed.: "He's a Hall of Famer and a great guy. I'm looking forward to seeing how I match up against him"
    Man I'm so looking forward to that match-up. Charter better hurry up and get a deal done or they will have one ****** off customer.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Man I'm so looking forward to that match-up. Charter better hurry up and get a deal done or they will have one ****** off customer.
    It's on NBA TV, not sure if it is even gonna be on the regular Hornets broadcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    It's on NBA TV, not sure if it is even gonna be on the regular Hornets broadcast.
    Wow I didn't even realize that. I just thought I have read that the channel is going to start broadcasting games on the 31st.

Not sure about other carriers but with Cox, up until last season if you were in the viewing area, it would be on Cox but blacked out on NBATV. On the Hornets schedule it has Fox Sports NOLA listed as the local station. My guide on the channel that I THINK will be FSNO is saying they'll be showing a Mavs @ Jazz game.

Hopefully if Charter don't have their act together by then Charter viewers will at least be able to watch it on NBATV.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Already?
    Guess so, must not like playing with Jennings, guy shoots ALOT.

"He looks better every day," Williams said of Gordon. "His body is strong. Probably not in the kind of game shape he wants to be in, but you couldn't tell it by the way he played today. We ran a few plays for end-of-game and he knocked those shots down. He was dynamic in pick-and-roll and he was giving guys a lot of trouble on defense with his pressure.
    This sounds soooo doggone promising. How nice would it be if this guy can stay healthy?

He needs to get into game shape though.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    Always was a Monta fan. He's also a nightmare in My Career when he's the Key Game matchup. Dude drops 40 on me and I can't do diddly to stop him. Only reason I'm squeamish about getting him now is because we have Gordon and he brings a hefty cap number.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Not sure about other carriers but with Cox, up until last season if you were in the viewing area, it would be on Cox but blacked out on NBATV. On the Hornets schedule it has Fox Sports NOLA listed as the local station. My guide on the channel that I THINK will be FSNO is saying they'll be showing a Mavs @ Jazz game.

Hopefully if Charter don't have their act together by then Charter viewers will at least be able to watch it on NBATV.
    Charter doesnt have NBATV

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    NBA TV normally just shows the feed from the local network. Also if you are in the range of the local network it would be blacked out on NBA tv for you. So yes if you lived in the region and you had charter, you would not be able to watch. As your NBA tv channel would be blacked out.

And then there is this I suppose?

Ill have to go back the old connect the computer to the tv trick. Bringing me back to Dish Network days.

I think Gordon is one player who shouldn't have to practice. He is straight glass I would hate to lose him for the season because he gets injured in practice. I mean no walk throughs or anything just let him watch. Just long as he's healthy for the game I'm fine with that.

New Orleans Hornets taking cautious approach toward injured forward Jason Smith

The New Orleans Hornets have not ruled out injured power forward Jason Smith from playing in Wednesday night's opener against the San Antonio Spurs, but they continue to take a cautious approach because of his strained left shoulder.

After missing seven of the eight preseason games because of back and shoulder injuries, Smith went through most of Monday's practice, Coach Monty Williams said. Afterwards, Smith's left shoulder was heavily wrapped but he had no trouble moving his arm.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Eric Gordon ‏@TheofficialEG10

In two days it's on and poppin'.
    what the

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
    what the
    lol. Who needs preseason?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post

All-Star
    i dunno what game monty is playing by saying he may not start or play EJ at all. EJ seems to be excited to get back on the court and I doubt he'll let anyone start ahead of him when he knows he can play 100%.

Man I hope Gordon plays. I wanna see a full lineup.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    Man I hope Gordon plays. I wanna see a full lineup.
    At the end of the day this is a for-profit business. They've got a fan base to rile up and more tickets/merchandise to sell.

Food for thought.

@NOLAJake Two-part answer: the knee is why he may or may not play. Conditioning is why if he does play, his minutes will be reduced

7m Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    If Gordon plays, Monty said his minutes will not be in usual range of 35ish. If Gordon is out, it remains unclear who 5th starter will be

10m Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Asked about the much-discussed Duncan-Davis matchup, Monty said "They're not matched up. Robin (Lopez) will be (guarding) Tim Duncan."

Jason Smith (shoulder) will play vs. Spurs. Eric Gordon (knee) said he is a game-time decision. EG on status: "It's hard to say right now."

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Excited about JSmooth
    Wherehappens.

Thread Information