Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pick a player, any player!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    So if Utah are out with the old in with the new like the Hornets.....why would the Hornets want the old?
    Jefferson will be 28 by the time he is available for New Orleans.
    Three key differences.

1- Monty and Dell want to assemble a contending, competitive roster by next season.
    2- Jefferson fills a glaring area of need for our team (post scorer).
    3- "Out with the vets" only applies to medicore veteran talent (i.e. Okafor and Ariza). I think we can all agree Jefferson is a much bigger difference maker than either of those two.

And come on, are you really making the argument that a 28-year old player is too old to sign to a 4-year contract?

My use of old was purely contextual. After all, Favors is only 21 and Kanter is only 20. Compared to those two, Jefferson is old. But compared to the average age of other NBA players, his age is optimal given the fact that the late 20s tends to be around the time when players peak.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-29-2012 at 08:24 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information