Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: James Harden traded to Houston, per Woj

Harden with 37 and 15 (Assist) in his first game 4 steals 6 rebounds. Wow.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

12 assists. And of course as the 80M man he took the majority of the shots. They won though so it's all good.

I thought Harden couldn't be a go-to scorer.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Lol but he choked against the Heat!!

Smh.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I said he was better than Gordon awhile ago, but this was one game. If he does it for a large portion of games that'll be my aha moment Lp

1 game against the Pistons on a team where he can take as many shots he wants. Relax folks.

I didn't watch the game so I'm going to review the game tape and formulate my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Man, the guy took 25 shots... It isn't that hard to score 37 points on 25 shots. Plus, it's only one game against one of the worst teams in the league. If he keeps it up like this, then I'll eat my words, but it is way too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Man, the guy took 25 shots... It isn't that hard to score 37 points on 25 shots. Plus, it's only one game against one of the worst teams in the league. If he keeps it up like this, then I'll eat my words, but it is way too early to tell.
    Nola, i had to eat mine after watching Lillard... you were right about him.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm not watching the game. What's going on?

I'm not watching the game. What's going on?
    Nash injured, but Lillard looks really good. He's going to challenge Davis for ROY. Above average vision, and is a deadeye shooter. Stupid quick. Turning it over a bit too much.

Batum is going off.

Lillard has to work on not turning the ball over before he starts reaching Lin territory. He'll likely get better at it though.

Are you kidding me? He shot over 50% from the field, 40% from beyond the arc and 83% from the FT line. 37 points on 25 shots is very impressive, especially how efficiently he did it. Then you add in 12 assists and carrying a bad team like the Rockets to a road win. You're just being biased dude. If Gordon did this at Detroit, you would write two paragraphs about it.

Lillard is going off right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Lillard is going off right now.
    Glad.. I was so annoyed with the he only does it against weak opponents crowd in the off season

Lakers D reminds me of Saints D.

What in the world happened to Nash?

PG's are still killing the Lakers.

Nash hurt his knee earlier in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    What in the world happened to Nash?

PG's are still killing the Lakers.
    Leg Contusion injury.

Ankle, not Knee. He rolled it.

Thanks guys.

In other news, Hornets have Utah on Friday. Utah rolled on the Mavs tonight the way the Mavs rolled on the Lakers last night.

Nash injured, but Lillard looks really good. He's going to challenge Davis for ROY. Above average vision, and is a deadeye shooter. Stupid quick. Turning it over a bit too much.

Batum is going off.
    Yeah, he is a better passer than people give him credit for. He is a little reckless with the ball, but he should grow out of that (although he is pretty old already for a rookie). I don't think he'll challenge that much for ROY, mostly because he isn't going to put up efficient numbers. Tonight, for instance, he scored 23 points, but he went 7-17 from the field and had 6 TOs. Volume scorer, but he won't be anything special until he becomes way more efficient.

Just went back and watched the Rockets opener. I gotta admit, Harden was amazing. He looked like a superstar. He was dominate. Without all the ISO the Thunders tend to run, Harden is shining without all the chucking and discombobulated style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Just went back and watched the Rockets opener. I gotta admit, Harden was amazing. He looked like a superstar. He was dominate. Without all the ISO the Thunders tend to run, Harden is shining without all the chucking and discombobulated style of play.
    OKC will miss him a ton just because of how efficient he is.

Really it was a dumb trade for the Thunder. The team is a championship contender and they basically traded away a huge piece to look towards the future and costing them a chance to win a title this season. Harden was the glue guy between Durant and Westbrook and now with him gone, Westbrook will be a disaster most games with his shot selection, turnovers, and poor defensive awareness. Mentally, Westbrook is a horrible decision maker. Westbrook was pretty bad in the Finals as well.

45 points 7 rebounds 2 assist tonight. Told you this boy was no joke.
    14/19 shooting

Thread Information