Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harden traded to Houston, per Woj

Breaking News James Harden traded to Houston, per Woj

Further tweets indicate OKC gets: Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two 2013 first round picks (from Toronto and Dallas), and a 2013 second round pick (from Charlotte).

Houston also receives Cole Aldridge, Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook.
    Last edited by mdaniel; 10-27-2012 at 10:06 PM.

That is HUGE

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

James Harden traded to Houston, per Woj

Smart move by thunder in the fact that they were going to lose him anyways but bad move for them this year because they had the best shot of coming out of the west and beating the heat with the same players from last year. So it depends how you look at the trade and if you value short term over long term or vise versa.

Also glad to see that the suns didn't get him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bojangles837; 10-27-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Draft Pick
    Thunder traded James Harden for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb.

okc got Kmart and lamb from Houston in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gfuentes View Post
    Thunder traded James Harden for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb.
    And 2 1st round picks

Kevin Martin AND Jeremy Lamb?

On the surface, terrible trade by Thunder (unless there is something else in deal). KMart is simply an expiring deal. Harden worth more than that. However, OKC front office one of the best.

LAL and MIA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    On the surface, terrible trade by Thunder (unless there is something else in deal). KMart is simply an expiring deal. Harden worth more than that. However, OKC front office one of the best.
    So you think Lamb and Martin and 2 first is a bad deal for a guy leaving anyway? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    So you think Lamb and Martin and 2 first is a bad deal for a guy leaving anyway? I don't.
    Martin is just an expiring (which, if you feel Harden is leaving, is what he is). Is Lamb and 2 1st rounders (not sure of protection) worth possibly blowing a fantastic shot at the finals? Harden could have been traded at deadline or even in a S&T in offseason. Not sure why they rushed into a deal now.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Still in our damn division. No matter. Kevin Martin was annoying. Harden will beat us but I'll feel we have better chance at stopping him cuz it won't all be 3s from the hip.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I think it's a great deal cause he was gone anyways. The 2 picks are toronto's and Dallas 2013 picks, but I don't know what the protections are

Terrible, how could OKC NOT find a better deal than this one???

Edit

They get the Raptors pick. Nvm thats a great trade cause that's a lottery pick right there. Now what if that Toronto pick ends up being #1, that'll be some bs
    Last edited by Razorpens; 10-27-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    Ballin

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Damn that sucks for us. Harden is going to explode for the Rockets. They had to give up lamb though, and crippled their drafts for the next couple years. I don't really think the addition makes Houston all that much better though.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Wow. No matter, we can cover him.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    The 2 picks are toronto's and Dallas 2013 picks, but I don't know what the protections are

Here are the protections per nbadraft.net -

Rockets receive the Mavericks' 2013 first-round pick. (top 20 protected until 2017). via Lakers (Odom) (Jordan Hill trade) (Jordan Hill trade 03-15-12)

Rockets receive the Raptors' 2013 first-round pick (Top 3 protected and 15-30 in 2013, top 2 protected and 15-30 in 2014 and '15, Top 1 protected and 15-30 in 2016 and '17, and unprotected in 2018. (Kyle Lowry trade) (Kyle Lowry trade 07-11-12)

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Holy crap

Harden plays really well off the ball which is why he was so valuable playing next to Durant and Westbrook. He and Lin can coexist since Harden plays off the ball well while Lin is only productive with the ball in his hands.

Also, Lamb will be a very good SG in this league and will be productive right away for the Thunder. Plus, they have Martin for a year and he can still score (no defense).

Not a bad trade at all for the Thunder or even Rockets but I wonder if Harden will be a go to scorer off the dribble.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thanks man.. How awesome/bad would it be if the raptors got the 4-6th pick and the thunder drafted nerlens or zeller?

Yeah not a bad trade for OKC, Martin, PJ3, and Lamb somewhat make up for the loss of Harden add in those draft picks...you could do much worse. This seems like one of those that had motives for the now and the future, hard to balance the two.
    #FREEQUAIL

{edited - veiled language}. There goes my Harden as our SF dream. Told yall OKC wouldn't keep him though!

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Thanks man.. How awesome/bad would it be if the raptors got the 4-6th pick and the thunder drafted nerlens or zeller?

Yeah, I would think that pick is probably the key to the trade. Until I found that, I did not realize Toronto had such poor protection on the pick in the Lowry trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Not a bad trade at all for the Thunder or even Rockets but I wonder if Harden will be a go to scorer off the dribble.
    I think Martin is the better player than Harden when he's not injured. He's certain;y going to mean more to OKC than just an expiring this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Yeah, I would think that pick is probably the key to the trade. Until I found that, I did not realize Toronto had such poor protection on the pick in the Lowry trade.
    Agreed. Lamb was a nice get, too.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information