Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday thread: Hornets @ Heat

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Don't kid yourself, that was a tough play most bigs wouldn't make, if it was basic ballhandling more bigs would do it.
    More bigs don't do it because they are rarely in position to do so (rebounding usually requires to be close to the glass). There are also better options to run the fast break, too. It really isn't that special of a skill and is so rare that you can even take advantage of it.

Gameday thread: Hornets @ Heat

Glad to see Anderson getting so much playing time today, maybe he'll start??

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    More bigs don't do it because they are rarely in position to do so (rebounding usually requires to be close to the glass). There are also better options to run the fast break, too. It really isn't that special of a skill and is so rare that you can even take advantage of it.
    They are not put in position to do so because they lack that ability.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Not saying he is bad at all b he just made 2,
    But with rivers style of play he is going to live at the FT line. Needs to be great at that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Great quickness from Rivers there. Forced Wade to hook to get around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I am gonna play the HELL out of ACIII.
    is it out????? OMG!!!!! when???
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Rivers has looked good offensively the last couple of possessions. Wade is killing him on the other end, though (as expected).

That's the second time this preseason I've seen Rivers bust out the floater; he displayed it more in college, and it's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    They are not put in position to do so because they lack that ability.
    Because it is totally a good idea to have your bigs constantly in the opponents backcourt so that they are in a good position to run the fast break. Makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    is it out????? OMG!!!!! when???
    Next week. 29th or 30th depending on where you are or how you're getting it. I somehow got a free month of GameFly so I'll be renting it.

Hooooooolllyyyyy sheeiiiitttt

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    DAMN!
    You see him try to go Blake Griffin on his a*s
    Ballin

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    We really look competent, people.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    We really look competent, people.
    Still without Gordon. Still without J Smitty. And without Davis's solid looking shots falling from mid-range.

We gonna be aight me thinks.

Because it is totally a good idea to have your bigs constantly in the opponents backcourt so that they are in a good position to run the fast break. Makes total sense.
    Lol so you are essentially arguing that we can automatically assume that bigs can handle the ball like Davis did even though there are such a small number of examples of bigs doing just that? Makes total sense.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Great close out d on the 3 ball Darius.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Tied at half people!

If Aminu would just stay agressive on both ends all else will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Great close out d on the 3 ball Darius.
    Darius made quite a few plays defensively in the first half.

On the other side of the ball, he was uncharacteristically careless with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Lol so you are essentially arguing that we can automatically assume that bigs can handle the ball like Davis did even though there are such a small number of examples of bigs doing just that? Makes total sense.
    Sorry there isn't much sample size due to it being a dumb strategy to let your bigs handle the ball on a fast break. Only notable exception I can think of is Lamar Odom.

Sorry there isn't much sample size due to it being a dumb strategy to let your bigs handle the ball on a fast break. Only notable exception I can think of is Lamar Odom.
    Yeah, its a dumb strategy because most big men suck at handling the ball, dude.

Especially with the type of play Davis made. He had two players hassling him from either side, with about half of the court to run.

But this argument is going nowhere, so lets agree to disagree.

And yeah, Lamar doesn't really count. He's a very unique player.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-26-2012 at 08:25 PM.

I absolutely love what I'm seeing from Rivers, Aminu, and Miller so far. Aminu/Miller will be our two SFs this year. I don't think we pick up Henry's option, and I've been pulling for him, but Monty isn't even playing him.

Whaaaat? Bill Simmons is doing NBA countdown all year?? Awesome, only good thing about ESPN is Grantland.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    Whaaaat? Bill Simmons is doing NBA countdown all year?? Awesome, only good thing about ESPN is Grantland.
    Yeah, NBA countdown tweaked their personnel to keep up with the superior ratings of Inside the NBA.

Thread Information