Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Gameday thread: Hornets @ Heat

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Spolestra View Post
    "The first two or three drills I saw were full court, and he was bringing the ball up as if he were a guard. I had heard his name. I hadn't seen him play. When somebody said, 'Anthony Davis' I had to turn to one of the scouts and say, 'That's him?'
    ^^About that Davis coast-to-coast play and his ballhandling, going with Spolestra's comments: I have to kinda disagree with my man Kibner and Throne. Sure, any NBA player should be able to dribble full court in a straight line with some sort of competency, but for Davis to not only attempt that when most coaches would have blown a gasket for a big man even trying that, but to outrun the two Heat players that were essentially AHEAD of him, WHILE pressuring him, then splitting them for a layup is definitely something most big men outside of LO cannot do.

For a big man, that was quite impressive, albeit it was just one play. Hopefully we'll see it more to see if that was just a fluke or not.
    Last edited by djpaul89; 10-27-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    ^^About that Davis coast-to-coast play and his ballhandling, going with Spolestra's comments: I have to kinda disagree with my man Kibner and Throne. Sure, any NBA player should be able to dribble full court in a straight line with some sort of competency, but for Davis to not only attempt that when most coaches would have blown a gasket for a big man even trying that, but to outrun the two Heat players that were essentially AHEAD of him, WHILE pressuring him, then splitting them for a layup is definitely something most big men outside of LO cannot do.

For a big man, that was quite impressive, albeit it was just one play. Hopefully we'll see it more to see if that was just a fluke or not.
    http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/201...nba/index.html

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    Amino did everything Aminu needed to do tonight to win the starting role
    Can't be overstated how huge that is. Between Lopez, Davis, Anderson, and Aminu we are cleaning the glass. There was a time when we were just too short. Now we have a pretty lengthy front court.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Point taken

Gameday thread: Hornets @ Heat

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    That didnt describe anything he said in his post, besides a big man taking it coast to coast.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Shaq did that a few times, though usually it was in All-Star games. And no one tried to get in his way cuz...he's Shaq. It's a great way to get your *** run over.

Davis was under a LOT more duress than Shaq right there.

Shaq did that more than a few times while at LSU. Even going behind the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Davis was under a LOT more duress than Shaq right there.
    Yep, there was no one within a meter on Shaq until he got into the key

Look at this video. Chalmers barely trouts after Davis and Lewis jogs. Both go 1/4 speed and 1/2 speed respectively. And neither attempts to stop him until after he's already in the paint. At which point he picks the ball up and makes the lay-up. Albeit a tough lay-up at that point. But don't fool yourself to thank Davis just beat these two guys with his unbelievable handles and blazing speed with the ball in the open court. the 2 defenders just weren't trying very hard. You won't see that in the real games.

Thread Information