Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Gameday thread: Hornets @ Heat

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Cuz Rivers would have still been there.
    Rumor was 14 and 16 from the Rockets? Think he would have been available at 14? I think Phoenix would have taken him before the 14th pick.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

after watching tonight, it's clear that Lopez is an incredibly valuable player. As far as activity, he was constantly moving and setting up crucial screens that initiated any offensive movement that resulted in buckets being scored. But beyond that, he was the guy crashing afterwards for a dump pass or rebound opp. These are the types of guys that every team needs. good pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Rumor was 14 and 16 from the Rockets? Think he would have been available at 14? I think Phoenix would have taken him before the 14th pick.
    With out a doubt, and I believe that if Houston trades up to #10, they take Rivers instead of Jeremy Lamb. No way does Rivers last that far.

We got a great pick with Rivers. I think he is going to develop into a special player. He is going to take time though, because the kid should really be a Sophomore in college, so there is an adjustment period. People expect too much of rookies this year. Plus, Rivers isn't injury prone at all, so this is just a fluke thing that will pass. He looked real good on the court tonight, though. Loved what I was seeing.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 10-26-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch32 View Post
    after watching tonight, it's clear that Lopez is an incredibly valuable player. As far as activity, he was constantly moving and setting up crucial screens that initiated any offensive movement that resulted in buckets being scored. But beyond that, he was the guy crashing afterwards for a dump pass or rebound opp. These are the types of guys that every team needs. good pick up.
    Lopez and Davis is a real nice combo. Between those 2, Anderson, and JSmith, I think we are set in the post, which is why I think we go all out for a SF this off season. Harden or Iggy would be AMAZING!

Austin Rivers ‏@AustinRivers25
    Thanks for all the support! Ankle is fine, freaky fall, but I will be alright and ready for the game Wednesday!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Ryan Anderson with 17 pts and 7 rebounds tonight, 5 for 8 from three

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I'm most impressed with his agility. He's so smooth and balanced around the rim. Incredible for a kid his age.
    Smooth and balanced is the opposite of what I see he looks awkward and out of control, but the results are effective and controlled that's all that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by 50_Hornet View Post
    Im saying this, and im going to keep on saying it until proven otherwise. Bring back CP3 and draft Nerlens or a SF with our number one. We will be a complete team. I love Darius Miller, Austin Rivers, Jason Smith, Grevis, and Thomas as a potential 2nd unit. But a team with Lopez/Davis/Anderson/Gordon/CP3 is a very long team that can play D, and CP3 can facilitate the O that we need. Not only would we be okay money wise, but we would have a complete team.
    I'm sure most would welcome Chris back with open arms. But he left without even giving this regime a chance to get things right. I think he left for reason not all basketball related and if he doesn't sign long term with the Clippers it'll be with another big market team.

I hope NBA coaches are as dumb as ESPN "analysts". Please forget that Anthony Davis is not the Hornets best player. Please do.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Smooth and balanced is the opposite of what I see he looks awkward and out of control, but the results are effective and controlled that's all that counts.
    I agree. Davis will take time to become a more smooth offensive player, but his shots was controlled and went in. Just sloppy looking.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

It's pronounced like Grayvis Vaskez.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    only preseason, but both teams obviously played to win....this might have been the best job I have seen Monty do as far as game management is concerned....he did a really good job of having the right personnel on the floor for an entire ball game....kudo's to the coaching staff tonight....
    Last edited by ramsters60; 10-26-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Funny how when we lose..
    OMG worst team worst offence.. long year..
    When we win a game..
    Best team.. gonna be so fun so much potential hahaha

Very proud to see Anthony Davis destroy tonight.. on hard matchups like bosh and lbj.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    You need to get your eyes checked, because if he was awkward and out of control there is 0 chance he makes a handful of the plays he made tonight. The Anderson rebound put back. The SMOOTH mid jumper over two defenders. That little jump-hook in iso. I could go on. Those are not out-of-control plays.
    Wherehappens.

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    Agreed. I think people are gun shy to being over confident or over excited about anything after last season.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I'm sure most would welcome Chris back with open arms. But he left without even giving this regime a chance to get things right. I think he left for reason not all basketball related and if he doesn't sign long term with the Clippers it'll be with another big market team.
    I'd throw him a damn parade myself to come back.

Lebron gave Anthony Davis some love tonight on twitter.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Just curious, and this might deserve a thread of its own, but are there any potential PGs we could trade for mid season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Won the rebounding battle yet again

Amino did everything Aminu needed to do tonight to win the starting role

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    Amino did everything Aminu needed to do tonight to win the starting role
    aminu did pretty well!

Miller seems enough versatile to play the 2 and the 3 it's nice to see this. Don't know where X has gone...

Can we expect AD to be able to run a fastbreak and finding his teammates in traffic?
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Miller seems enough versatile to play the 2 and the 3 it's nice to see this. Don't know where X has gone...

Can we expect AD to be able to run a fastbreak and finding his teammates in traffic?

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    I think Greivis will be a much better fit playing alongside Eric Gordon.

I was not able to watch the Heat game (sounded fun! Maybe I can watch it on watchespn) but someone posted that he did better once Rivers and Roberts started sharing ball handling duties with him. In the few games that Gordon played last year, he did a lot of P&R, fast breaks, and drive & dishing. Having Gordon around would alleviate that full court pressure from Greivis and allow him to kinda be the "forgotten guy" of sorts.

The only thing I hate is that Gordon couldn't really develop chemistry with the guys this preseason with the exception of the San Antonio/NOLA pre-preseason practices and he'll have to get his conditioning back somewhat.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...nap_four-.html

Miami -- In the final exhibition for both teams Friday night at American Airlines Arena, each had itsr own agenda. For New Orleans Hornets Coach Monty Williams, he was hoping to see growth and keep his team healthy.

Miami Heat Coach Erik Spoelstra was hoping to replicate what he hopes to see when the regular season starts for his team next Tuesday night.

What Spoelstra saw a lot of in the Hornets' 96-89 victory was New Orleans rookie Anthony Davis, who showed a national television audience periodic glimpses of his potential, the same skill set that Spoelstra had seen last year in a preseason visit to the Kentucky campus to watch a few practices.

On Friday night, Davis finished with 24 points, 11 rebounds, three steals and a blocked shot.

"Obviously I was really impressed," Spoelstra said of his first thoughts on Davis. "He's very, very, very skilled. I noticed that right away. The way they play at Kentucky, they play with that speed getting up and down the court everybody can handle.

"The first two or three drills I saw were full court, and he was bringing the ball up as if he were a guard. I had heard his name. I hadn't seen him play. When somebody said, 'Anthony Davis' I had to turn to one of the scouts and say, 'That's him?'

Thread Information