Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Gameday thread: Hornets @ Heat

More games like this please!

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    RYNO with the nail in the coffin!!!
    Wherehappens.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I said this in Hornets247 after the 17 rebound game. He just have a knack for knowing where the ball is or will be.

I'm most impressed with his agility. He's so smooth and balanced around the rim. Incredible for a kid his age.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Disagree with you there. Fastbreaks are about fast twitch, vision, and court awareness. Vasquez is more cerebral and methodical. There's a place for him. And it's in half court offense. But he's not going to be a guy you ask to run up tempo. Things happen too fast for him and he's playing behind the 8 ball.
    And that is most successful when you know your teammates and TRUST them. It will get better as the year progresses. Vasquez isn't going anywhere. At least this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    And that is most successful when you know your teammates and TRUST them. It will get better as the year progresses. Vasquez isn't going anywhere. At least this year.
    Against another team's 2nd unit, I'm all for Vasquez. Not against another front line (starting PG) and not in crunch time.

Hornets > Heat

Title in retrospection plz

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Against another team's 2nd unit, I'm all for Vasquez. Not against another front line (starting PG) and not in crunch time.
    By your posts im not suprised. I dont think the guy an all star but i also dont think he is as bad as a lot of people are saying. Just be prepared to be disappointed when he starts against the spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We have no players that can create offense. I think he might've meant for others, like a facilitator, but Gordon is that in addition to a guy that can get his own shot.
    Rivers can do that too, and he can create for others. He was having a nice game... until...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    More games like this please!
    Man, just wait until Gordon, Rivers, and JSmith all get involved. This offense could be off the chain.

By your posts im not suprised. I dont think the guy an all star but i also dont think he is as bad as a lot of people are saying. Just be prepared to be disappointed when he starts against the spurs.
    And when he turns the ball over and puts the team in a hole...get your preparation on as well.

To be fair, though, Vasquez was playing against Ray Allen and DWade for the last 7 minutes of this game, and he looked great.

16 pages for a preseason game. We didn't get this for half of the threads last year.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Draft Pick
    Solid win. I know it's just a preseason game but good to get a win over the defending champs and the most talented team in the league

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    a little fuel for Vasquez haters (as if thats needed), but 5 more turnovers and he has a triple double....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    a little fuel for Vasquez haters (as if thats needed), but 5 more turnovers and he has a triple double....
    Hey, I been hatin since the summer when it wasn't as chic. Respek!

Im saying this, and im going to keep on saying it until proven otherwise. Bring back CP3 and draft Nerlens or a SF with our number one. We will be a complete team. I love Darius Miller, Austin Rivers, Jason Smith, Grevis, and Thomas as a potential 2nd unit. But a team with Lopez/Davis/Anderson/Gordon/CP3 is a very long team that can play D, and CP3 can facilitate the O that we need. Not only would we be okay money wise, but we would have a complete team.

And when he turns the ball over and puts the team in a hole...get your preparation on as well.
    Is 5 TO good? NO. But stop acting like he just stumbled on 18pts 10asst and 5reb.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Man, just wait until Gordon, Rivers, and JSmith all get involved. This offense could be off the chain.
    I'm gonna really try to not be TOO optimistic on here but I doubt it will happen.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I can see why Demps tried to trade down from the 10th spot.
    Cuz Rivers would have still been there.

Is 5 TO good? NO. But stop acting like he just stumbled on 18pts 10asst and 5reb.
    The turnovers are a trend...in pre-season ball mind you. It's also how the offense runs when he is at the commands. Doesn't always result in a TO, but it results in the Hornets being dead last in points scored. Thats been pretty apparent to anyone with eyes, including gerryv.

So I guess if Gerryv says it then it must be true right? He is never wrong. Have you ever thought that we aren't scoring bc a guy who averages 20+ a game isn't playing???

I'm not too worried about scoring. If Goedon plays, we're gonna score some points. Anderson can shoot lights out. Gordon is gonna kill it. Davis is Davis, and the rest of the team is serviceable. It's gonna be a fun season.

Those three alone could average a combined 60 ppg.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Fun game to watch. Very back and forth and a hard fought win. Loved it.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Vasquez's game got a lot better when Rivers and Roberts started controlling the ball late in the 1st half. Up to that he was playing very poorly.

Thread Information