Pelicans Report

Thread: Slam Mag Q&A: Anthony Davis

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I love this pic. Try blocking THAT release.

Wherehappens.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    SLAM: Is there anyone you’re looking forward to matching up against?

AD: KG. I kind of resemble my game after him, and Garnett’s a guy who’s a guaranteed first-ballot Hall of Famer, so I try to see how I match up with him, see how I do against him. It’s definitely gonna be an exciting match and it’s gonna make me be a better basketball player.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    SLAM: I imagine you probably had a pretty interesting relationship with Kobe, given that he was the elder statesman on the squad and you were the up-and-comer.

AD: Yeah, me and Kobe were real close. He told me when I come to L.A., to hit him up.

SLAM: On Twitter you said the team you’re on now has to be the funniest that was ever assembled. I’m gonna need some details on how you came to that conclusion.

AD: Yeah, these guys are so funny. Al-Farouq [Aminu] and Lance [Thomas] and Darius and Brian Roberts, all those guys are probably the funniest guys I ever met.
    I wanna see this

SLAM: You always been a big video games guy?

Anthony Davis: Always. Actually, I just got home from practice and I’m about to play video games right now. I love it. I play Call of Duty 24/7. If Call of Duty came out with a game everyday, I would get it.
    Sounds like Monty may need to give AD a curfew and wrist splints

SLAM: Everyone talks about how amazing the food is in New Orleans. Have you been enjoying it?

AD: Yeah, the food’s been great. Only bad thing is, I don’t eat seafood. It’s very hard for me to go to a restaurant [and order something beside] seafood. It’s hard. But I found a couple places down here that I really like.
    That's gotta change.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Love it!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    That's gotta change.
    Nah. He straight as is. He's probably a pasta guy anyway. And we got pasta in spades.

Hell, I don't really care for seafood myself unless it's between two pieces of french bread and slathered in taste numbing hot sauce. Or in a gumbo. And even then I don't eat the crabs.

Didn't think a new thread was needed for these vids so I'll just put them here.

Eric Gordon

http://hoopshype.com/videos/videos/v...-jump-shot-now

Anthony Davis

http://hoopshype.com/videos/videos/v...-better-player

Brian Roberts

http://hoopshype.com/videos/videos/v...osition-better

Here's a Davis interview with Men's Health Magazine.

http://news.menshealth.com/anthony-d..._-AnthonyDavis

Anthony Davis drew raves in the preseason with his scoring, rebounding and shot blocking. But he did have one supposed shortcoming.

His rookie chores.

"We tried to get him to pick up Chipotle about eight times but the lines apparently were too long," forward Ryan Anderson, Davis' teammate on the New Orleans Hornets, said with a laugh. "At last that's what he said. Subway was (Davis') default."

OK, so the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft is not a huge fan of standing in line. But don't think for a minute Davis is any kind of prima donna.

The 6-foot-10 Davis brings a Tim Duncan-like persona to the NBA. The humble big man goes about his business without showmanship or trash talking. He's as content with a bank shot or a layup as some would be throwing down a monster dunk.

"That's who he is. He's not one of those guys who came up with all that stardom," said Hornets coach Monty Williams. "He just kind of got into this in the last couple of years."

Davis wasn't an early-age AAU star who had fans and recruiters falling all over him. When Miami star LeBron James saw Davis for the first time, the Chicago native was a 6-5 10th grader and wasn't dominating. That didn't happen until he hit a growth spurt soon after.
    http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/10/2...7&feedID=10140

Thread Information