.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Very worried about this offense

  1. #1

    Very worried about this offense

    Is anyone else extremely worried about the direction of this offense.i know we were missing Anderson,Gordon for the rockets game,but for a lot of the game it felt like the players didn't know what they were meant to do or where they were meant to be.it was a very painful first quarter to watch.what are ur opinions?

  2. #2
    The Franchise Big-EZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Orleans/Arabi
    Posts
    1,515
    Sloppy offense because everyone is still new and without Gordon, who will get a lot of looks. We are settling for a lot of shots. We need to attack the rim more and get to the line. Gordon and Rivers can do that.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

  3. #3
    All-Star glepurple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    270
    We are a very young team with our only proven scorer not playing. There will be bumps and bruises along the way. We are gonna struggle a lot on offense this year...but hopefully we will improve as the season goes on and with gordons return.

  4. #4
    Anytime Lopez and Thomas/Aminu are on the floor together I am very worried.

  5. #5
    I'll probably be bashed for saying this, but I think it might be better for the Hornets long term future if they are bad again this year to get another high draft pick to put next to Davis

  6. #6
    RIP HunnyB iNolaNightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bestbank
    Posts
    1,869
    We're missing Gordon. Plain and simple. That and it's just preseason. The year the Lions went 0-16, they went 4-0 in preseason.
    "Its important to us to bring in good people, people who can fit in the locker room and people you want to root and cheer for. People that want to win. Were trying to build for the long haul. -Dell Demps

  7. #7
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,591
    Dude........chill

  8. #8
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,900
    Yeah. I'm not even worrying about it. Davis is trying to find his niche on offense. Anderson is already getting loads of looks and knocking them down. Mason can shoot. Darius Miller can shoot. X can get to the line at least. And even if we miss, Lopez, Anderson, and Davis can glass eat.

    Add in Gordon who can penetrate the lane like nobodies business and will make pick and rolls with Davis deadly?

    Yeah. Ease up, player. Our offense won't be on the level with the Spurs, but it's better than last year.
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    I'll probably be bashed for saying this, but I think it might be better for the Hornets long term future if they are bad again this year to get another high draft pick to put next to Davis
    It's the only way you can compete as a non-glamour market in the NBA. The Spurs was able to tap the international ranks before that became popular, but the only other title contending non-glamour team is the OKC Thunder. They were bad enough to collect high draft picks and nailed their picks.

  10. #10
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,900
    If we stink it up and get another high pick so be it. But if the T-word starts getting uttered I'm going to have to start breaking all of the bones.

  11. #11
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,497
    Quote Originally Posted by KR1982Aus View Post
    Is anyone else extremely worried about the direction of this offense.
    Yup.

  12. #12
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Problem is that until Rivers and Davis develop Gordon is basically the entire offense.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  13. #13
    Thomas the Tank Engine.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  14. #14
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Problem is that until Rivers and Davis develop Gordon is basically the entire offense.
    **cough** Ryan**cough**Anderson**sneeze**Jason**cough**Smith

  15. #15
    I suspect that Rivers will eventually just become the Hornets 6th man

  16. #16
    The team's problem will be solved when Gordon comes back. As long as Gordon's healthy, offense shouldn't be too much of a problem. The problem I see right now is a lack of a go-to option. Everyone has been hesitant and unsure of their roles up to this point. No one has really stepped up and took control of the offense. We look like a team who has yet to figure it out. That's was expected and we are seeing it early on.

    We are going to be similar to the Bulls. We will more than likely rely on an elite offensive weapon to open things up for the rest of the team. We will not have a true post option and will rely on strong rebounding and plenty of put backs. This team will rely heavily on defense early on.

    I expect the team to struggle early on due to the lack of chemistry. We'll make up for it with effort and hustle. Players will emerge as the season wears on and guys like Davis, Rivers, Miller, and Roberts should be used to the NBA's speed and physicality. I think the team will hit their strides after the all-star break.

    In all of the excitement, we forget how under developed this team is. We are beginning to realize that there will be a transition period with all the new players we've acquired in the offseason. The lack of chemistry and defined roles for most of the players on the team has really stuck out so far in the preseason. This team is a work in progress.

  17. #17
    we started a second round pick and an guaranteed contract... we're fine

  18. #18
    Hornets preseason game is televised and St. Aug's game is televised tonight... I'm happy. And excited. IDK if Da Throne follows the team, but it's on CST at 9:30

  19. #19
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Problem is that until Rivers and Davis develop Gordon is basically the entire offense.
    That's not true. Davis will provide 15 a night and Anderson is certainly considered offense. Smith too.

    But after that... yeah.
    Wherehappens.

  20. #20
    BUZZ OFF, CHARLOTTE Teal Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah. I'm not even worrying about it. Davis is trying to find his niche on offense. Anderson is already getting loads of looks and knocking them down. Mason can shoot. Darius Miller can shoot. X can get to the line at least. And even if we miss, Lopez, Anderson, and Davis can glass eat.

    Add in Gordon who can penetrate the lane like nobodies business and will make pick and rolls with Davis deadly?

    Yeah. Ease up, player. Our offense won't be on the level with the Spurs, but it's better than last year.
    What we are all seeing are a group of talented guys who just don't have a sense of one another right now. When I saw Mason throw that pass to no one in particular against Houston, that was a clear indicator of unfamiliarity. Time and repetition are going to heal those type of self-inflicted wounds.
    With purple and pinstripes from days gone by, I trumpet Hugo's name to the NOLA sky. When rebranders and posers abuse their might, beware my power, TEAL LANTERN'S LIGHT!

    Forever hating the nickname, the logos, and the colors. Still backing the team I've loved since 1994.

    Stolen name. Stolen colors. Stolen identity. Still the same old worthless Slobcats. Suck sludge, Charlotte.

  21. #21
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,725
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    I suspect that Rivers will eventually just become the Hornets 6th man
    That would be a disappointment. I do believe the team drafted him to be a PG, but I could see it happening where it ends up a 6th man type.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    That would be a disappointment. I do believe the team drafted him to be a PG, but I could see it happening where it ends up a 6th man type.
    I don't think he was drafted to play the typical PG. I think the plan is to have two combo guards that are excellent at scoring and ball-handling with at least average passing skills. Basically, all aggression all the time. It fits well with Davis and Anderson who will be able to punish any mistakes by the defense.

  23. #23
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I don't think he was drafted to play the typical PG. I think the plan is to have two combo guards that are excellent at scoring and ball-handling with at least average passing skills. Basically, all aggression all the time. It fits well with Davis and Anderson who will be able to punish any mistakes by the defense.
    I agree he won't be a typical PG, but I meant it would be disappointing if he was a 6th man instead of starting. I figure he will be a Westbrook type PG.

  24. #24
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,900
    Given how even Ray Allen was able to back him down, probably don't want him doing a lot of time guarding anyone but PGs anyway.

    Showed that quickness of his though when he guarded D Wade a few times.

  25. #25
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Given how even Ray Allen was able to back him down, probably don't want him doing a lot of time guarding anyone but PGs anyway.

    Showed that quickness of his though when he guarded D Wade a few times.
    Rivers will defend PGs much better than SGs in this league. Rivers has quick feet to stay in front of defenders. He doesn't have a long reach and is not very strong. I can see him starting in the backcourt with Gordon eventually. With a guy like Gordon on this team, a conventional PG isn't necessary (would probably just get in the way).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •