Pelicans Report

Thread: Monty thinks Davis could have 20 or 25 rebound nights

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Monty thinks Davis could have 20 or 25 rebound nights

"I was on him so much the other day. He had 17 rebounds and I thought he should have had 25. Because he's that kind of a player. I think if he plays with high level intensity, he's going to have nights like 20, 25 rebounds. And everybody is going to be amazed at it. But I won't. Because I think he's the kind of guy who can rebound out of his area, he can guard wings. The toughest thing for him when I do put him on the wing is trying to keep those guys in front and use his length and make them shoot over the top of him. He's done a phenomenal job so far. If I played him heavy minutes like I'm going to play him during the season, his stats would be even more off the charts."
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...ie_ant_19.html

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I completely agree. I think his problem right now is part conditioning. He looked dog tired last night. He has had a few games where if he could duplicate his first and second quarter, he would be a 20 and 20 or more type of game.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I completely agree. I think his problem right now is part conditioning. He looked dog tired last night. He has had a few games where if he could duplicate his first and second quarter, he would be a 20 and 20 or more type of game.
    He sure did, he was DEAD at one point and couldn't get out of the game. Made a play on that series, though. It'll come with time.
    Wherehappens.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

His block on Delfino was clean, shouldn't have been a foul. I believe that quick 3's will be able to get around him, but he will still be able to meet them at the rim for the block. There were a few other occasions when his conditioning cost him a block.

I know he is our star, but I hope Monty manages his minutes well. He is going to be worn out in the 4th almost nightly, and then about mid-season he is going to be completely drained.

I would like to see us sniff that 8th seed this year, maybe sneak in - maybe not, but just gained some of that high pressure experience that we will need, the future is ours. Of course, that is if we can get a real PG, and gordon stays healthy,

OH BABY. Even us with the highest expectations have no clue what a gem we have.

Well duuuuuuuuhh

He is a once in a generation player.

I expect him to have a LeBron type career.

We were sooooooooooooo blessed to get him. Never forget that throughout the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    He is a once in a generation player.

I expect him to have a LeBron type career.

We were sooooooooooooo blessed to get him. Never forget that throughout the coming season.

-Optimistic Hornets fan.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I'll be surprised if he does. Not because he can't do it. It's due to the fact that he has a lot of rebounders on the team. He's going to have to fight Lopez, Anderson, Smith, and Aminu for rebounds. Anyone of those guys can go off for 10 rebounds in any given night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I'll be surprised if he does. Not because he can't do it. It's due to the fact that he has a lot of rebounders on the team. He's going to have to fight Lopez, Anderson, Smith, and Aminu for rebounds. Anyone of those guys can go off for 10 rebounds in any given night.
    If we're talking about 20 rebounds don't forget he was 3 shy from 20 a few nights ago.

How often do you see a 62 rebound game? I'm going to say it's extremely rare. It'll take a perfect storm for him to hit 20 rebounds in a game with this roster.

If he would've played 38 minutes in that 17 rebound game as he did last night, it would not have surprised me to see him grab 3 more rebounds. I don't see why that's so surprising. He had 17 and Lopez, Aminu and Anderson still had nice rebound numbers. Smith didn't play but on any given night Aminu might not play.

I'm not saying that he can't or won't. I'm saying it's unlikely this year with the make up of the roster. even if he did it in the preseason the other night, it's not the same as doing it in the regular season. Within the team's average which will be likely in the 40s, the distribution of the rebounds will not maximize his rebounding potential. I have no doubt in my mind, his rebound rate will be elite, but playing with guys like Anderson, Lopez, Smith, and Aminu, it'll be very hard to do.

All-Star
    Monty is right, Davis is capable of 20+ rebounding nights especially with how we Can't Knock-down Shots! I'd rather take an 11 rebound game w/ a high percentage of team shooting than a fantasy beast type of numbers from an individual player.

Thread Information