Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Starting SF should be...

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Farouq Aminu

35 46.67%
  • Darius Miller

28 37.33%
  • Lance Thomas

2 2.67%
  • Xavier Henry

5 6.67%
  • Ryan Anderson

5 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Who would YOU start at SF?

POLL: Who would YOU start at SF?

strictly opinion on who you think is the best option... doesn't necessarily have to be who you think is the best SF but who fits our starting lineup the best...

I want to pick Aminu but I wanna go with an interesting pick... Xavier Henry. A guy that can get to the line and when he's healthy I think has the highest basketball IQ at the wing out of anyone else. He's not a bad shooter, just can't get it going in games but I see it turning around

You put Ryan Anderson but not Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    You put Ryan Anderson but not Davis?
    i didn't want to include guys who seem to be starting at another position

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    For me, I start the season with Aminu, but quickly get Darius Miller up to speed. Darius shows real promise, and we could use his outside shooting in the starting lineup to spread the floor while Gordon drives the lane. I think we'll find that Ryan Anderson and Jason Smith off the bench will give us a very strong second unit. By the end of the season, I hope to see:

PG- Austin Rivers/ Greivas Vasquez
    SG- Eric Gordon/ Roger Mason
    SF- Darius Miller/ Aminu
    PF- Anthony Davis/ Ryan Anderson
    C- Robin Lopez/ Jason Smith

That's three rookies in the starting lineup, but would really mean a lot for our future. Just one man's opinion.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    We will see how it all plays out, but Miller has a chance to be one of the biggest steals in the last draft....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Darius has looked super sexy at the 3 so far, I voted him.

Blasphemy!!! Whoever voted the ROOKIE Darius Miller to start should be stoned to death.
    Ballin

Rodney Carney got cut today. Would he be a good add or is he or just another Aminu?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Blasphemy!!! Whoever voted the ROOKIE Darius Miller to start should be stoned to death.
    What should happen to the person who votes Austin Rivers ROY? Castration?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Who voted for X? Weird. Suprised Thomas hasn't got a vote also. Miller was my vote though, we need a consistant 3 pt. shooter in the lineup to help, well, everyone.

If Anderson comes off the bench I think its best if Aminu is in the game whenever Anderson is in the game to make up for his lack of offense and so we can have a 3 point shooter out there at all times

Soooo Miller seems like the most solid choice and he is probably the most ready to start and is familiar with Davis already. Miller, as previously mentioned can drain the 3 and play D & should fit in just just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Opinions, man. We all got em.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I voted Chief.

Did you know that Darius Miller is 8-12 in 3 point attempts in preseason? He's also shooting 58% from the field. That's some serious efficiency. Miller isn't ready to start as his defense isn't where it needs to be. He's putting in the effort but has been foul prone. He's going to need to go through a transition period before he ready to battle for the starting position.

I'll tell you what though, Aminu better watch his back because Miller is has the skills to start for this team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm going with Darius. He's earned it.

Xavier. And if he gives it up, Darius.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Xavier. And if he gives it up, Darius.
    Just curious bro, but why? What has X done to deserve a roster spot at this time?

Xavier can't even crack the rotation. Why on earth does anybody think he deserves to start?

I selected Aminu b/c he still has the higher ceiling and deserves one more shot to show some degree of improvement. Miller is, however, the "better fit" right now. Once Darius shores up his perimeter defense, Aminu better watch his back.....
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-26-2012 at 04:29 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Darius. The man has a pure stroke from three. If Anderson isn't starting, i think we need Miller to step in and provide an outside threat

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I voted DM but I think Aminu will begin the season with the start. Miller will for SURE be rotated in pretty early though.
    Wherehappens.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Aminu has shown me he can play solid defense in the NBA. Miller has shown me he can shoot the ball well in preseason. I wouldn't mind Miller starting but I'm pretty sure it's Aminu's job for now.

I will a chance to X or Aminu in the beginning of the season because they know the system and they play hard. X has more offensive skills than AFA so mais he can help our offense with Gordon at the 2. He should be able to shoot this year .
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

I'd go with Aminu assuming that Gordon is also in the line-up. If Gordon is not playing, and we're having issues with our other guards scoring, then I would start Miller.

Miller can shoot, but I think Aminu is far better rebounder and defensive player right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    What should happen to the person who votes Austin Rivers ROY? Castration?
    LOL you a funny person ok. You made your point, you got me lol... funny

Aminu should start the season, but I think Miller takes over the spot during the middle of the season - or at least gets more minutes.

Thread Information