.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Hindsight is Always 20-20 - Eric Bledsoe

  1. #1
    All-Star cmac81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    315

    Hindsight is Always 20-20 - Eric Bledsoe

    So obviously most of us were thrilled with the package we got for CP3 last year, it brought us back some great young players. However there was one piece of that trade that was discussed for a while that we didn't end up acquiring: Eric Bledsoe. I remember there being plenty of debates on here as to whether or not it was worth pushing the Clippers harder to include him in the deal.

    So after he played very well in last year's playoffs and is now looking good in this pre-season, what is everyone's opinion on not having him in the deal? Would you rather have had him instead of Minnesota's first rounder (aka Austin Rivers)? Obviously hindsight is 20-20 but just an interesting topic I'd like to see what people's opinions are on it.

  2. #2
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,001
    The assumption is that he'd improve to the level he has without playing with Chris Paul all this time. There's no way to know that.

    Though he wasn't doing much of anything before CP3 got to LA.
    Tune in on Fridays at 12 noon for Sport-a-Facts with Ro Brown and Wednesdays at 1pm for Sports Revolution to hear me speak my mind on all things Saints and Pelicans related and more.

    Only on WBOK 1230 AM.

    Feel free to PM me for more details.

  3. #3
    But rooting against Minny was so fun! Imagine if all we had last year was rooting for (or against) the Hornets.

    Basically, would I trade Rivers straight up for Bledsoe? No, but it is more due to the fact that I don't really buy into the Bledsoe hype. He has some really good moments in limited minutes, but so have a lot of guys- including Greivis Vasquez.

    Marquis Teague was a better prospect coming out of Kentucky than Bledsoe and he went late 20's in this draft. The 10th pick had more value than Bledsoe no doubt. Perhaps the Hornets took the wrong guy with the 10th pick- that can be debated. But I can't make an argument that Bledsoe has more value than the 10th pick.

    Now, would I prefer Bledsoe to Aminu? That is a different story. Give me Bledsoe and Pondexter over Vasquez and Aminu any day
    @mcnamara247

  4. #4
    The Franchise Spaniard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    1,920
    I don't know, I like Bledsoe ok, but I still don't think he's the answer for us at PG or anything. The guy is averaging 4.6 assists and 3.6 turnovers this preseason.

    He had a great great night last night, but it was with about 44 minutes against a Lakers team that didn't have Kobe or Dwight, and with Nash covering him half the time. CP3 probably would have had 40, 20, and 20.

    I don't mean to take anything away from the kid or what he did. But I think we tend to jump to conclusions with every most recent preseason game.

  5. #5
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,647
    No, Rivers has a much higher ceiling.
    Wherehappens.

  6. #6
    I'm not trading Austin Rivers but I'm in favor of packaging other players for Bledsoe. We need a PG bad!

    #NotTradingMyCoreGuys
    AD23
    Rivers
    Miller
    Anderson
    EJ10(keeping him for now; evaluating)

  7. #7
    I thought the clippers made it abundantly clear that they would not let go of bledsoe? Can anyone correct me if I am wrong?

    Bledsoe is a physical freak, but now we are looking at the dreaded "P" word. With the right coaching and hard work, he should become a top flight PG,,,,,,,,something we desperately need.

    Heck, right now I'd settle for just an "NBA caliber" point guard, something the hornets to not possess.

  8. #8
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    I thought the clippers made it abundantly clear that they would not let go of bledsoe? Can anyone correct me if I am wrong?

    Bledsoe is a physical freak, but now we are looking at the dreaded "P" word. With the right coaching and hard work, he should become a top flight PG,,,,,,,,something we desperately need.

    Heck, right now I'd settle for just an "NBA caliber" point guard, something the hornets to not possess.
    They did, but i think it was the T Wolves pick OR Bledsoe, because if you remember that TWolves pick had a little more value in the beginning of the year than it did once the pick came around.
    Guys to watch out for (internet tough guys):

    jrdbrn


    Guys that know you are personally a coward despite never meeting you or holding a real conversation with you (psychic or stalker):

    BasketballNate

  9. #9
    I thought Livingston looked phenomenal out there. A real floor general. Not only finding the open guy, but leading them to the spot, and the passes were spot on.

    I remember the hype around him when he was a #4 pick so long ago. I think he would do wonderful in the type of slow-paced offense we are clearly going to be running.

  10. #10
    Wake up, Mr. West! Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,395
    Is it even possible to have a complaint about the Paul package after seeing what Orlando got?

  11. #11
    @Mc
    i don't have a twitter account so i'm responding to your post on here about what you tweeted on Jeremy Lin being better than Bledsoe! I'll just put it simple.....
    ARE YOU KRAZY? Jeremy Lin can't dribble correctly having a weak left hand and he's a liability on defense! Lol....

    #StopIt

  12. #12
    The Franchise goat gorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,277
    Too early to tell what Rivers will be. I would still take Rivers. Worst case scenario in my mind is that he can't make the conversion to PG but is still a very solid trade-able player, all the while providing insurance for Gordon. And who knows what we could get for him then. But I see us holding on to him.

  13. #13
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,218
    Did this team actively pursue Machado? If he gets let go this team has no excuses.

  14. #14
    ...we get to go McDonalds
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,298
    I think Bledsoe has value in the NBA and I would have loved to have had him. However -- the inclusion of Bledsoe in the deal would have altered the timeline that got us Anthony Davis. So for that reason alone, I'm glad everything went the way it did.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    I think Bledsoe has value in the NBA and I would have loved to have had him. However -- the inclusion of Bledsoe in the deal would have altered the timeline that got us Anthony Davis. So for that reason alone, I'm glad everything went the way it did.
    Doc Emmett Brown agrees.

  16. #16
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    It really isn't hindsight -- the Clippers weren't going to give him up so it's a moot point.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  17. #17
    Should of got bledsoe instead of kaman that grubb

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    @Mc
    i don't have a twitter account so i'm responding to your post on here about what you tweeted on Jeremy Lin being better than Bledsoe! I'll just put it simple.....
    ARE YOU KRAZY? Jeremy Lin can't dribble correctly having a weak left hand and he's a liability on defense! Lol....

    #StopIt
    Or you could respond to what I actually tweeted, which was that Jeremy Lin has showed more in the NBA so far, which is true. Bledsoe started 1 game year, played in 40 and averaged below pedestrian numbers.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    But rooting against Minny was so fun! Imagine if all we had last year was rooting for (or against) the Hornets.

    Basically, would I trade Rivers straight up for Bledsoe? No, but it is more due to the fact that I don't really buy into the Bledsoe hype. He has some really good moments in limited minutes, but so have a lot of guys- including Greivis Vasquez.

    Marquis Teague was a better prospect coming out of Kentucky than Bledsoe and he went late 20's in this draft. The 10th pick had more value than Bledsoe no doubt. Perhaps the Hornets took the wrong guy with the 10th pick- that can be debated. But I can't make an argument that Bledsoe has more value than the 10th pick.

    Now, would I prefer Bledsoe to Aminu? That is a different story. Give me Bledsoe and Pondexter over Vasquez and Aminu any day

    This

  20. #20
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,655
    If CP3 signed an extension the Clippers would have given up Bledsoe.

    Also, Teague wasn't as good as Bledsoe at Kentucky, especially offensively.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  21. #21
    Bledsoe is transforming into a star right now. He just has to keep working on his decision making and lowering his turnovers. He does things out there that are absolutely mind-boggling for a 6' player. His athleticism is right there with Westbrook. The Clippers reallly didn't want to give him up because there were no assurances (still aren't) that CP3 won't leave when his contract is up.

    I think though if the Hornets had held out they could have definitely got Bledsoe instead of Aminu. The Hornets were kind of in a bad situation at the time, so they weren't really in the position to hold out much. But the Clippers wants CP3 REALLY REALLY bad.

    Being a fan of both teams, I can tell you there are very few players to me that are more exciting than bledsoe. He has rapidly become close to my favorite player on the Clips. I actually get excited when CP3 takes his break, lol. They just need to figure out a way to make sure he plays 30 minutes every game because he is such an impact player.

  22. #22
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,154
    Wow the hype of Bledsoe right now! Hes getting overrated, look what Lin did in a FEW games, what is he now? Same will happen with Bledsoe, tho I see him as a Shumphert type guy.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Wow the hype of Bledsoe right now! Hes getting overrated, look what Lin did in a FEW games, what is he now? Same will happen with Bledsoe, tho I see him as a Shumphert type guy.
    Lin was overhyped that's for sure. But I've seen every clippers game since he was a rookie. He's the real deal. A meniscus knee injury screwed him up last year and it took him to the playoffs to get to playing the way he can, but Clippers fans have always known the potential he has. You just can't teach the FREAK speed and athleticism he has. He is possibly the best rebounding point guard in the league and blocks shots on a regular basis. Everyone will see this year at last. Unfortunately that might be bad news because he is due for a new contract coming up.

  24. #24
    Witch is dead - Now hiring thefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    It really isn't hindsight -- the Clippers weren't going to give him up so it's a moot point.
    We really should have gotten Lamarcus Aldridge from Portland instead of Jerryd Bayless!

  25. #25
    Wake up, Mr. West! Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    We really should have gotten Lamarcus Aldridge from Portland instead of Jerryd Bayless!
    Hindsight man, how does it work!?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •