Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ESPN First Take: We're Back!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yeah, this is why i disagree'd with the personal beef things. I did think we had a bit more of a personal tone that usual and we'll work on that, but we tore into a lot of teams, including yours. We sometimes say inflamatory things on the show for the drama more than anything, but we do try to say everything with truth in it. We understand every side has a story and we invite people on to share that side. The key to first take is to please not take it personal.

Trell, I saw your comment last night and i'd like to state I didn't really take any personal shots at you besides talking about a bad trade that almost went down, which was reporting on a trade. I did mention something about Oneal being traded like 8xs but it was all part of a message to all of the GMs to get their stuff together and check the trade checker and rules before submitting the trades. I have personally fell into the category of not reading over the rules as carefully as i should have (11 points and not 10 in our trade), but since then I don't think any of my trades have 'failed'. I think it was a calling for all of us to get better, and to be honest, these failed trades are usually when the drama starts. If you (anyone in the league) PM someone who you think might know.
    No personal beef on my side at all. Y'all seemed upset/fired up about it so I just wanted to smooth things out. You are entitled to your own opinion I wont be offended either way.

Quote Originally Posted by cwilder View Post
    No personal beef on my side at all. Y'all seemed upset/fired up about it so I just wanted to smooth things out. You are entitled to your own opinion I wont be offended either way.
    I didn't have anything to do with First Take but I think I might have brought your situation up in the "unofficial official tanking thread" I have no problem with your trade at all, I actually think it was a great trade get a lot of picks and an expiring vet, plays in great with Malone retiring. My problem is basically setting Robinson as your 3rd string PF. Start Magloire sure, but the fact that Robinson didn't hard play any games or he played 4 mins or so isn't much different to me than putting him on the IR which is against the tanking rules. Nothing personal I was just shocked to see everyone get mad about tanking, but the person with the worst or 2nd worst record wasn't getting called out.
    #FREEQUAIL

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    I didn't have anything to do with First Take but I think I might have brought your situation up in the "unofficial official tanking thread" I have no problem with your trade at all, I actually think it was a great trade get a lot of picks and an expiring vet, plays in great with Malone retiring. My problem is basically setting Robinson as your 3rd string PF. Start Magloire sure, but the fact that Robinson didn't hard play any games or he played 4 mins or so isn't much different to me than putting him on the IR which is against the tanking rules. Nothing personal I was just shocked to see everyone get mad about tanking, but the person with the worst or 2nd worst record wasn't getting called out.
    No one called him out because we knew he was gonna have a rough year either way. He lost his best player to retirement. Even before trading Pierce his team was one of the worst. I think people were just more bothered by the blatant tankers who lack any sort of dignity.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    To be honest, I don't have any beef with anyone on here. Yeah things on here may aggraveate me sometimes, but I don't have any negative feelings/beef towards anyone as an individual. We didn't have a First Take all season so we decided to get a little fired up in this one. Again, if it came off as personal beef, I'm sorry. I did take a shot at Warriors and Nets. And that's my bad on me. I apologized to parties involved for airing the dirty laundry out there. So that was a bad on me. But I don't mean anything personal by anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Haha no worries in my mind it was easy I have a 24 year old C 21 yr old PF and 19 yr old PF... I have no intention of keeping Robinson around so I was going to keep playing my young guns and hope they keep improving. The three of them were getting all of the minutes.

Didn't mean to come off as having beef just haven't defended myself and didn't want you guys thinking I didn't care. This has been fun for me and I am sure it is for y'all too. Hopefully I can get Lebron and we can all move on and be happy

I thought cwilder also got a good deal for Cassell.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Anyway... Commish, do we need to claim points for this prior to the new season beginning? If so, how many?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    4 points each for Quail and BSH.

Thread Information