Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anthony Davis says he is still growing

I was 5'8 at 18, I'm now 6'0 at 22. He could still be growing.

Been 6'2" since 16. I had such high hopes for an additional 2 inches, but they never came, currently 28. My father grew additional inch and 2 shoe sizes in 30s. Guess everyone is different.

In regards to being taller when you wake, it is scientifically proven. Therefore, we need to be pioneers in player sleep scheduling. Have all our guys sleep during day and play and practice at night. We can easily get an extra foot of length across tbe team. I mean whatever it takes, right?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Brow's offensive potential is through the roof. I'm talking LeBron offensive potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I kept growing right until I was 21. Though then it was incremental and my muscle mass just kept increasing even though I was doing more or less the same amount of physical labor around the house and at work.

Everybody's different. He could have another inch and a half to grow.
    This^^

It is actually not uncommon for males to have a 2nd growth spurt between the ages of 19-21. I, for example, grew from 5'11" to 6'1.5" (yes i had to add that half inch), sometime before my 22nd birthday. I didn't actually know it, until my old man started having to stand on his tip-toes for family pictures, because he couldn't stand the fact that I was now taller.

Here is hoping he follows the exact same path.

Question, does he have the quickness that Durant has? I don't remember Durant being able to get to the rim as a rookie, he was just a jump shooter IIRC. Did Durant have the slash game out of college or did he learn that in the pros.

To me, depending on his speed and quickness, I see AD following the path of KG(most likely) or KD.

Either way, we couldn't be luckier.

KDs handles were a little better coming out of college IMO. Not saying Ad can't or won't get there. I think he will have more of a KG/ Aldridge type of offensive game to be quite honest with you, but KD works

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    KDs handles were a little better coming out of college IMO. Not saying Ad can't or won't get there. I think he will have more of a KG/ Aldridge type of offensive game to be quite honest with you, but KD works
    I don't think that's a great comparison tbh, Aldridge atleast. A lot of people think of him as a high post face up/midrange type of guy and that's not who he is. The majority of his work comes in the low post with his back to the basket. He scores using a great variety of low post moves. I don't think that will be Brow's game, I think where he will be successful is in the low/high post with his faceup game. Using his speed and ball handling to get past defenders. Now I do think you can compare the way Portland uses the lob with Aldridge to what we'll do.

But this is the beauty of Anthony Davis. We already knew he could face guys up and do work like that. But he has shown signs of a much advanced back to the basket game, and a very good midrange game. By his third year in the league, he'll be one of the premier (if not the premier) versatile bigs in the game. He'll be able to face you up, back you down, hit from midrange, knock down the three, and take you off the dribble like a three. Another thing that is great is his high release point, like Dirk, his shot will not be blocked very often.

Thread Information