Pelicans Report

Thread: NBA to change All-Star ballot, eliminating center

NBA NBA to change All-Star ballot, eliminating center

The NBA is finally doing something about the Duncan Dilemma.

The league will announce Wednesday a change to its All-Star ballot that will, for the first time, allow fans to vote for three undefined "frontcourt" players instead of having to vote for two power forwards and a center. With more and more teams playing smaller than in the past, the definition of "center" was becoming increasingly difficult -- not to mention finding enough quality big men for whom to vote.

For years, for example, the Spurs have listed Tim Duncan as a power forward, even though everyone on earth knew he was their starting center. And so when it came to All-Star balloting, Duncan would take up a forward spot in a very crowded field of Western Conference stars instead of his logical spot in the middle. This was good for Duncan, who surely would have made his 13 All-Star teams anyway, but it often cost another forward a shot.

The league decided to make the change after the NBA's Competition Committee agreed to the move at its meeting last month, VP of Basketball Operations Stu Jackson said Tuesday evening.
    http://www.nba.com/2012/news/10/23/a...lot/index.html

Shaq era skewed what a true center was anyway IMO. You don't have to be 7 feet 300 lbs to play that position.

Aye

I was hoping they removed the fan voting instead!

But they've always claimed the ASG to be FOR the fans so I don't see them eliminating that. At least not altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post

But they've always claimed the ASG to be FOR the fans so I don't see them eliminating that. At least not altogether.
    I fully except Yao Ming to be the starting "Forward" for the west this year.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I fully except Yao Ming to be the starting "Forward" for the west this year.
    Probably Yi, even though he plays in China.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Allen Iverson would make it if he were on the ballot I bet.

Thread Information