Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hornets will have best player on the court (maybe)

Hornets will have best player on the court (maybe)

Against 16 out of the 30 NBA teams. More than half of the league. The reason for the maybe is obvious-- Gordon is just so tough as nails he might over do it and faint on the court.

The 14 I say they are not:

Philadelphia (Bynum)
    Brooklyn (Williams)
    New York (Amare & Melo)
    Boston (Garnett & Pierce)
    Chicago (Rose)
    Miami (James, Wade, Bosh)
    OKC (Durant)
    Denver (Lawson)
    Portland (Aldridge)
    Clippers (CP3)
    Lakers (Dwight, Gasol, Kobe)
    Dallas (Dirk)
    Memphis (Gay)
    San Antonio (Duncan, Ginobilli)

Obviously TEAMS win games but just something to get re-amped since these last few games have been deflating.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-23-2012 at 09:37 PM.

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    lawson??? why not iggy?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gordon's defense is just as good as Iggy but his offense is leaps and bounds better. And I'm a HUGE Iggy fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Gordon's defense is just as good as Iggy but his offense is leaps and bounds better. And I'm a HUGE Iggy fan.
    People seem to forget this for some reason, but Gordon is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarhornetsfan View Post
    lawson??? why not iggy?
    I'm in the Iggy fanclub too but Lawson has added a decent shot to go with the speed and finish at the rim. Lawson and Gordon will try to take a game over while Iggy seems cool to play his role.

Lawson=Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm in the Iggy fanclub too but Lawson has added a decent shot to go with the speed and finish at the rim. Lawson and Gordon will try to take a game over while Iggy seems cool to play his role.

Lawson=Gordon.
    Not even close. Gordon is the better player hands down - not being a homer. It's just true.

Gordon's a good defender, but not as good as Iggy. Come on, guys.

Gordon at 100% could zoom past :

insert Denver player here
    Aldridge
    Gay

on that list.

I also think he can have a better season than Manu, but Parker is the best player on SA and Gordon is not better than him

Anyway, interesting topic. Hornets roster is very top heavy
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Gordon at 100% could zoom past :

insert Denver player here
    Aldridge
    Gay

on that list.

I also think he can have a better season than Manu, but Parker is the best player on SA and Gordon is not better than him

Anyway, interesting topic. Hornets roster is very top heavy
    Manu never gets his due. Dude needs to be in an all-star game yesterday.

It's not really about Gordon against these players one-on-one, but what happens when the ball is in their hands (or defending it). Some of those players I consider equal on the court, so that would mean he's not better, but not worse. He's not zooming past Lawson. Give the lil guy his due too. He's Denver's best player and can take over a game and score 30+ at any time...just like Gordon.

It is an interesting topic to think about instead of these pre-season beat downs.

I like Lawson a lot... but he is getting extremely overrated these days. He has a very good player in Gallinari next to him and he has the best backup PG in the league behind him (Miller). Lawson is good but he's only a borderline to 10 PG in this league.\

Gordon if healthy is leaps and bounds a better and more complete player than Lawson.

Gordon is better than lawson is every catergory besides maybe ball handler and midrange shooting. He is just as fast, way stronger, more athletic, not as quick, but is way better on D, any single Gm in the league would trade lawson in a second if it meant they would receive gordon, hands down. he's one of the best scorers and perimeter defenders in the nba... They only have about 7 or 8 guards in the league that are better...
    cp3, deron, rose, kobe, manu (maybe), harden (maybe)
    If gordon stays healthy with davis he will become a top 20 player and him and davis will be a top 5 pick and roll combo for years

sorry, double post

Gordon? On the court?

wow, gonna have to agree with this almost completely
    Last edited by jgman; 10-24-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    Gordon? On the court?
    This

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I've barely seen Gordon play. I'm not confident saying he's better than anyone yet. Not Lawson, Iggy, or Manu.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Gordon is better than lawson is every catergory besides maybe ball handler and midrange shooting. He is just as fast, way stronger, more athletic, not as quick, but is way better on D, any single Gm in the league would trade lawson in a second if it meant they would receive gordon, hands down. he's one of the best scorers and perimeter defenders in the nba... They only have about 7 or 8 guards in the league that are better...
    If gordon stays healthy with davis he will become a top 20 player and him and davis will be a top 5 pick and roll combo for years
    Sorry but I disagree. Gordon is better than Lawson, but it's close. Lawson is maybe the fastest player in the league with the ball, the other points are true though. Also, Gordon is not as good of defender as Iggy. Iggy has more length and same athleticism, but he is a MUCH better scorer.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Gordon's defense isn't anywhere close to being as good as Iggy's. Gordon is a better scorer for sure.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I'm just excited to be able to see Gordon on the court, at least for the opener.
    Wherehappens.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Gordon is better than lawson is every catergory besides maybe ball handler and SPEED. THEY HAVE AROUND THE SAME MID RANGE JUMPER, way stronger, more athletic, not as quick, but is way better on D, any single Gm in the league would trade lawson in a second if it meant they would receive gordon, hands down. he's one of the best scorers and perimeter defenders in the nba... They only have about 7 or 8 guards in the league that are better...
    Fixed!

"any single Gm in the league would trade lawson in a second if it meant they would receive gordon"<<< this is false. Why trade a player who's been balling out and close to the same player as Gordon for a guy who can't prove he can stay on the court? I don't think any GM would take this risk.
    Last edited by Trell; 10-24-2012 at 08:24 AM.

I know majority of us all are Gordon fans but lets not over rate his defense. You guys are saying he has more perimeter defense than one of the best perimeter defenders in this league. Before Gordon came here he was the type of player that you knew what he can do, but he never did it(on defemse). Some consider it lazy when a player wants the ball on offense but never plays D. He shown us a flash of him being a good perimeter defender but never consistent because he is always injured or just did not play defense. Maybe it change this year maybe it don't but lets not say false things because he is on our team.

^^ You are severely underrating his defence. I watched Gordon a lot when he was on the clippers and many Clippers fans will agree with me when I say he he is one of the most underrated on the ball defenders in this entire league.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    ^^ You are severely underrating his defence. I watched Gordon a lot when he was on the clippers and many Clippers fans will agree with me when I say he he is one of the most underrated on the ball defenders in this entire league.
    right, but Iggy may be a top 3 perimeter defender in the league, and i don't think any GM would say that aout Gordon. So that point is a bit moot.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Did I say he can't play defense? I said some are overrating his D. He had his times with the Hornets and Clippers when he played well on ball defense but not enough to say he is better than one of the best in the league. And coming from a guy who friend is a Clippers fan he will tell you the same, he could play D but he rarely did in LA. Sorta like Kobe passing the ball, he can pass but he never does it(at times). Get it? Yea he can be underrated in the league and overrated in this forum. I think LOL.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't think anyone said he's better than Iggy. I said he's as good. Obviously, he's smaller so he can't guard SFs like Iggy can. But at the same time I wouldn't put Iggy on Derrick Rose if I had a choice.

Thread Information