Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Mavericks

Can someone please explain why in a game that was pretty much over at qtr time.....why we didn't play Henry, Alabi and Warrick?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Can someone please explain why in a game that was pretty much over at qtr time.....why we didn't play Henry, Alabi and Warrick?
    because we are getting close to the season starting and those guys aren't going to be getting many minutes. We need to start building chemistry we know what we're working with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    because we are getting close to the season starting and those guys aren't going to be getting many minutes. We need to start building chemistry we know what we're working with.
    So Henry's option wont be picked up then?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Davis, anderson, and Lopez were only 3 rebounds short of out rebounding the entire Mavs team. Add Aminu's 8. Its PRE season. This is good.
    overall defense and rebounding the basketball shouldn't be issues...our major challenge might be outscoring the opposition no matter how many points we hold them to....with S. Payton in need of work for a year, I wonder if he would accept a temporary offensive coordinator's position?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Henry's option is for over 3 million and seeing that he can't beat out guys who make the minimum, I just can't see any possible world in which that option is picked up.

Henry and Warrick are expiring contracts at this point. That is all
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Not to tick off any Xavier supporters but I hope so. Miller is eventually going to be a starter for this team hopefully for the future. He reminds me of Battier so much, he just lacks Battier defensive abilities by little. He's just a well rounded player who will rarely screw up. X hasn't improved enough to make this roster. If he leaves I wish him well over seas or something. Some will bring up age, but he is letting a rookie come in and out shine him. For GV, I want him to stay on some sort but wouldn't be amazed if he is traded at the dealine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Not to tick off any Xavier supporters but I hope so. Miller is eventually going to be a starter for this team hopefully for the future. He reminds me of Battier so much, he just lacks Battier defensive abilities by little. He's just a well rounded player who will rarely screw up. X hasn't improved enough to make this roster. If he leaves I wish him well over seas or something. Some will bring up age, but he is letting a rookie come in and out shine him. For GV, I want him to stay on some sort but wouldn't be amazed if he is traded at the dealine.
    X has had his opportunity here unlike in Memphis where injuries really cut into his availability. He's just hasn't gotten it done or progressed enough to keep. Wish him the best, but it's time to move on. Still was the right decision to bring him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    I believe Monty said before the game that he is still evaluating different lineups. He is not preparing for the regular season and may not even begin doing so until October 27th, when the pre-season is over.

So when do we find out if we pick up Henry’s, Aminu’s and Vasques’ options?
    Does this mean they might not play out the season?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just noticed. Henry didn't get any minutes. Neither did Warrick.

Their time is short, perhaps?

This team needs a point guard. Vasquez looked slow, clumsy and terrible. Dell need to make something happen before the season start.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I believe Monty said before the game that he is still evaluating different lineups. He is not preparing for the regular season and may not even begin doing so until October 27th, when the pre-season is over.
    Rightly so. He is most likely trying to evaluate the lineups that he might actually use, which is probably why those guys didn't play at all.
    Last edited by Mr. Mojo; 10-23-2012 at 04:33 AM.

It seems like we'll need to be very patient this season, especially if Gordon rides the pine for long stretches again. There aren't many guys on this team who can create their own shot opportunities.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Anthony DAvis 2/12 not a good sign..

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    He's going to have stretches like that. He was 1/10 in the 1st half of the NCAA title game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Loved what I saw from Lopez, man. Dude can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post

Hornets offensive rebounds 20 to Mavs 4. How much can Gordon improve the lack of the ball going through the hoop. They sure as heck will get their chances to make it happen.

darius miller should start at SF we need the offensive punch at the start of the game......aminu has shown who he is thats a average or below SF
    vasquez, E. gordon, d miller,davis, lopez....... rotate anderson at SF or center...i am noticing others teams are starting to release players that are are not going make the 14-15 players roster for example ...the lakers release chris douglas roberts SF could be a good pickup

This team will never go anywhere with Vasquez commanding starting minutes at the point. He is beyond horrible. His passing and shot selection were unbearable to watch yet again. No one give the preseason excuse, his play is almost as bad as his haircut

All this hate gv.wasnt he suppose to be better than jjack?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    All this hate gv.wasnt he suppose to be better than jjack?
    He had stretches. But a guy like him is supposed to come off the bench.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Lopez is really playing like a man out there. Only preseason, but its not like he's been super flashy, just doing what he does and well.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    We all know GV is not our long term PG. In fact, we just spent the 10th pick in the draft to get another guard to play along side Gordon.

Let's get Gordon and Rivers back healthy and see what we have before we make any rash long term decisions here. As hard as it's going to be for everyone, me included, we are not playing for this season. We'll have another pick and plenty of cap space to sort everything out next offseason.

Let's look at the positives.....we may have the best young shooting guard in the league in Eric Gordon. And I would be glad to go to battle with any team in the league with bigs of Anthony Davis, Robin Lopez, Ryan Anderson and Jason Smith. 19, 24, 24 and 26 years old. Not to mention Monty Williams.

If you think long term, and look at this preseason, you have to be very very happy.

Thread Information