Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Draft File

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

2003 Draft File

http://www.hrfbb.net63.net/

Season > Draft Preview

Keep all discussion on the file in this thread. Feel free to discuss if ratings are to high or to low for a certain player. But keep in mind this is for the players as a rookie.

This game hates TJ Ford.

I think that Lebrons D and rebounding should both be higher.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

I don't . He's 18. He wasn't a renown defender coming into the league.

In other news, you can now bid on two fake fakes in this year's free agency.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    can't wait to see the tankers get rewarded with young superstars.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    I think that Lebrons D and rebounding should both be higher.
    LOL you would

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    can't wait to see the tankers get rewarded with young superstars.
    I've been meaning to ask this: is there a difference between rebuilding and tanking? I traded away my best scorer because my team clearly wasn't good enough. Obviously that will make my team worse. Is that tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this: is there a difference between rebuilding and tanking? I traded away my best scorer because my team clearly wasn't good enough. Obviously that will make my team worse. Is that tanking?
    Definitely. There are a few guys "rebuilding" and there are a few guys "tanking."

Though I will say this, these guys that are blatantly tanking have taken a lot of fun out of the league. There are more deserving GM's than these guys who are bending the rules.

No because you are making moves and improvements to your team. You took back 2 decent players in that trade.

Magic traded away his best PF and his Star SF for kibbles and bits... while owning his own 1st round pick. He hasn't even tried to sign/pick up good talent (you saw who he bid on during FA). THAT is tanking.

Purposely fielding a bad team is different from rebuilding. That theory is confirmed once the alleged tanker continues to use a gameplan that has failed him throughout the season. I don't consider what you're doing as tanking. You tried to field a competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Definitely. There are a few guys "rebuilding" and there are a few guys "tanking."

Though I will say this, these guys that are blatantly tanking have taken a lot of fun out of the league.
    Yeah, trading away their best pieces to contenders. Honestly, it's flat out annoying.

Though I will say this, these guys that are blatantly tanking have taken a lot of fun out of the league.
    Good to see this statement. And I completely agree. You can see teams like the rockets, Pacers, T Wolves Clippers who are all trying to do things the right way. then there are others who just arent.

It'll come back and bite them in the arse sooner or later, trust me.

Basically it comes down to this, what are you getting back in the deal? You have guys who are moving their best players and getting assets back, then you have guys who are moving their best players and getting nothing in return. That's the difference.

Purposely fielding a bad team is different from rebuilding. That theory is confirmed once the alleged tanker continues to use a gameplan that has failed him throughout the season. I don't consider what you're doing as tanking. You tried to field a competitive team.
    The worst part, is the two biggest offenders, insult everyone's intelligence by saying they're not doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The worst part, is the two biggest offenders, insult everyone's intelligence by saying they're not doing it.
    To be fair, busta has admitted to it. Doesn't make it any better, but atleast he's honest.

You have coltsguy who has basically said he traded Jamison because he was an expiring and was afraid of losing him, and the deal gave him the most cap space to try and resign him in FA. What?
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 10-22-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yup. I know for a fact that one of them is tanking. He told me his plans through PM a while back

Yup. I know for a fact that one of them is tanking. He told me his plans through PM a while back
    Same and if he hadn't it more than obvious . Busta got me when he said "isn't it my job to try out rookies" when we called him out for signing crappy players. He hasn't been as flagrant in denial about it.

To be fair, busta has admitted to it. Doesn't make it any better, but atleast he's honest.

You have coltsguy who has basically said he traded Jamison because he was an expiring and was afraid of losing him, and the deal gave him the most cap space to try and resign him in FA. What?
    Yeah. sad part is he probably could have gotten a couple of pieces, like Donnell Harvey and other young assets and avoided this without spending a ton of cap room. I don't blame him for trading the Glenn Robinson's of the world and such.

Though I will say this, these guys that are blatantly tanking have taken a lot of fun out of the league. There are more deserving GM's than these guys who are bending the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    No because you are making moves and improvements to your team. You took back 2 decent players in that trade.

Magic traded away his best PF and his Star SF for kibbles and bits... while owning his own 1st round pick. He hasn't even tried to sign/pick up good talent (you saw who he bid on during FA). THAT is tanking.
    That's good to hear. I mean, I definitely see what people are saying about some people. But to me, it just didn't make sense to continue to play sub-500 ball with a guy who made 11 million a year. Might as well get the assets I can and try to improve through the draft. Sure, I want Wade or LeBron. Who wouldn't? But I tried my best not to do it in any sort of underhanded way.

You also kept Tyson Chandler, Stromile Swift, and Mike Miller. if you were fire selling them for pennies on the dollar then you'd probably be accused.

So in the future, if I plan on tanking, I should be open about it?

You shouldn't do it at all, have some respect for the game and your fellow GM's.

Hypothetical question but I do agree with you.

Oh I know lol, I didn't literally mean "you."

Just to freaking prove I'm not tanking, I'll put both of my picks up for trade when he time comes. It's gonna take a **** of a good offer, but I'll trade one. You guys can hold me to it. Maybe I'm just a crappy GM, but I really did think I was getting a good deal. Also, why in the world would I not want to get more picks and young players for Jamison? I offered Jamison for AK47 and a first, but was shot down.
    Last edited by coltsguy510; 10-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Thread Information