Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hornets forward Anthony Davis already drawing attention from opposing defenses

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It funny because everybody makes the same positive post about Davis and no one say anything about any redundancy. Yet I can comment on how I disagree with those same comments and I'm the one saying the samething. Oh the hypocrisy. I think you guys get that I'm not going to change until I see a reason to. Which is more than I can say for most of you.

If you want to call me out be consistent and 1st look at your own post. As far as me being a fan I'm glad at least somebody commented on the fact that this has been my position on Davis well before the draft lottery. Anybody who thought my evalutation of him would change simply because we drafted him is sadly mistaken.
    I love you. *No Frank Ocean*
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Da Throne dominance on this site is starting to become legendary. Heels are awesome.

Drummond>Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I feel like i've tried to calm down some expectations for Davis as well. I am elated to have him though. I think some people saying that he will be WAY better than Durant is a little lofty considering there haven't been many players EVER in the history of the game to be WAY better. LeBron isn't way better and he could end up being one of the greatest ever. See what i'm saying here? But I digress, it's the manner in which DaThrone has to rain on people's parades that bugs me a bit. To say he will never have the strength to bang down low as a 5 is outlandish. Pau Gasol doesn't have otherworldly strength but he could certainly man the 5 and has to win a championship. Davis will be incredibly versatile, but i do agree his position in the league is a 4. NOT because he doesn't have perimeter defense, but because his STRENGTH is at the rim.
    When did I say he'll never have the strength? You are making assumptions.

And as far as me raining on parades it's on you guys to be mature enough to handle a different opinion. What do you want me to say? The subject is about Davis playing other position outside of the 4 spot. I commented on it and gave a reason. You guys are being super sensitive about everything I say, but I'm the one raining on things?
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 10-22-2012 at 09:59 PM.

I mean, honestly, the criticism against da ThRONe is getting a bit ridiculous now.

Why complain about him "raining on your parade"; your parade should be well-equipped to handle rain, otherwise, he's just proving you have leaky floats (or at least leaky reasoning).

Criticize his CRITICISM and not his motives; he at least seems to give everyone else that same basic argumentative courtesy.

@2:19 is how I feel in this thread right now.

I say if anyone has a problem with his opinions there's always the ignore list.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    As I addressed it I'm not talking about the future just Davis and his physical abilites as of today.

As far as not having physically imposing centers thats a myth. You look around the league at the 5 spot with guys like Perkins, Gortat, Bogut, Bynum, Cousins, Howard, Kaman, Pekovic, Jefferson, Noah, Asik, Hibbert that's almost half the league and just starters off the top of my head. No need and putting Davis against that kind of work load night in night out.
    I have no problems with your post nor do I with your opinions. But why are you comparing him to centers? Who am I to say he not going to be in the future, but I can say why would the Hornets put him at center considering your post on his weight? Do you not think our staff will not move him until he gains weight and put on more pounds in muscle? As of now he's showing he is a PF and can play the Center as a secondary position sorta like Pau Gasol and LA. He is even showing talent at the SF position. If he does make that move to center it wouldn't be until he put on pounds. Can you tell me what you dislike about him and something he showed you that he won't be successful or live up to the current hype? So far he proved to me that he will only get better as he had did nothing but added to his game while improving a little in every category. Yea I know this is the pre-season but it is enough to show.
    Last edited by Trell; 10-22-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Honestly I just posted that .gif because it's awesome. I've never really taken exception with anything that Throne has said. Like Coughka said, we have to be more secure in our fandom to weather someone disagreeing with us. I disagree with most things that Throne says, but I don't really feel like insulting him about it is going to get us anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    I have no problems with your post nor do I with your opinions. But why are you comparing him to centers? Who am I to say he not, but I can say why would the Hornets put him at center considering your post on his weight? Do you not think our staff will not move him untile he gains weight and put n more pounds in muscle? As of now he's showing he is a PF and can play the Center as a primary position sorta like Pau Gasol and LA. He is even showing talent at the SF position. If he does make that move to center it wouldn't be until he put on pounds. Can you tell me what you dis like about him and something he showed you that he won't be successful? So far he proved to me that he will only get better as he had did nothing but added to his game while improving a little in every category. Yea I know this is the pre-season but it is enough to show.
    My problem is he doesn't have the ability to create. The last 3 games 100% of Davis made baskets were assisted. Of the 25 shots that he's made all pre season 23 were assisted. There were times in the Olympics where his primeter defense was suspect. When listening to audio of some of the games the commentators mentioned times where he had gotten beat along the primeter. His post defense has not been up to par which is one of the area even the more pro Davis people admit he's poor at.

Superstars in today's NBA create offense and/or can not only help protect the rim, but also can shut their assignments down on the other end. Davis has to show he can do at least two of those three before I say he has the potential to be more than the impact player I think he will be.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not trying to directly counter-argue. But what's the numbers on assisted buckets percentages for Howard and Bynum? Cuz that comment made me curious.

Which is why I appreciate Throne not going with others and having his own mind of things cuz it's actually making me examine things differently. And that's how you learn.

*The More You Know star thingy goes whizzing by*

I've seen videos where he created just fine. Albeit they were his senior year in high school videos which was only a year and a half ago so I don't think he's forgotten how to already but it's also possible that he hasn't had to be a creator in Calipari's system. Or even Monty's system, yet.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Relax I was talking about this season and this season alone.
    This season hasn't started yet. That's all I'm saying. You keep throwing out absolutes about how Davis "doesn't have the ability to" or "will never be". You're obviously welcome to have your own opinion but I get the feeling that you're always going to find something negative about Davis to hang your hat on since you decided to step so far left of the general opinion on him and his potential. Sorry if I'm wrong.
    Wherehappens.

I think that's a good point. I thought you were talking about long term.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Oh I gotcha, I thought that might be the case

By the way though I don’t think I’ve ever made a claim about Davis game or his potential (you may not have been talking to me) and I pointed out (tried to anyways) that I wasn’t posting to argue about specifics or differ with your opinions (there’s no way vie even read them all lol) but to get you to admit the possibility of anything happening- basically by calling your opinions predictions - and to then recognize that fact that, even if Davis were to never get better at anything or bigger, his being here can only be a positive thing.

That is what allows me to remain opinion-less (I’m not an expert on bball, ive been a fan only a few years and never played) without a need develop one, while remaining hopeful for the future but without any expectations - I just thought you might benefit from that perspective.

It was never my intention to question your fan hood or motives: I was just saying that anyone one who couldn’t at least admit that having Davis is a positive to the team (rhetorical: I fully expected you to do so) probably had ulterior motives. You have very well thought out opinions (i probably couldn’t even make one in b-ball's case lol), but I was just thinking that the more opinions someone makes public then the more opportunities there are to be both right and wrong, making them ultimately neither; so what’s the point? Knowhaimsayin?

And sorry I took so long to respond and that I was misinterpreted and that people ganged up based on what I said, those other peeps don’t speak for me and I’m not a fire starter. Now lets do what we love and watch our kick-@$$ team get sweet pre-season revenge on the rockets!!
    Last edited by Mr. Mojo; 10-23-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Thread Information