Pelicans Report

Thread: Gordon and Smith could miss remainder of preseason games

Gordon and Smith could miss remainder of preseason games

Despite missing all of training camp with a sore right knee, New Orleans Hornets Coach Monty Williams had hopes of guard Eric Gordon being ready to play in a couple of preseason games before the regular season begins.

But Williams said Sunday that Gordon could miss the final three preseason games because he is not in appropriate conditioning due to the missed time caused by his sore knee. Williams also there's also a chance power forward Jason Smith could miss the remainder of the preseason after injuring his shoulder in a practice last week. Gordon has missed all five preseason games, while Smith has played in only the preseason opener against the Orlando Magic.

"I don’t see them playing in the next couple of games, maybe not anymore in the preseason,'' Williams said. "(It) is not ideal, but it is the situation that we have. Jason is still feeling pain. Eric got to get his condition up; that’s what he’s working on now. But he’s doing more and more everyday. He’s doing a lot more drill work with the team and he’s in all the huddles. He’s more engaged each day.’’
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Gordon and Smith could miss remainder of preseason games

How is Gordon's knee sore when he finished the season and tried out for the Olympics?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    How is Gordon's knee sore when he finished the season and tried out for the Olympics?
    Coach Williams must have read Art of War over the summer. It's his surprise tactic to unleash Gordon opening night because the excuses to hold him out are getting pretty lame.

Would have been nice to hear an update on the knee. How is it feeling? Is their any swelling? Has EJ tested it in camp? What type of treatments has he received for the knee? Etc, etc, etc...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He was at the scrimmage, didn't participate in any of the pre-scrimmage drills but showed up on the bench with some kinda band. No knee brace or anything. Strange. I mean, he looks to be in shape, but he hasn't drilled in forever. Monty must really have faith in his ability. Feels he doesn't even need practice or something.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ10Hornets View Post
    Would have been nice to hear an update on the knee. How is it feeling? Is their any swelling? Has EJ tested it in camp? What type of treatments has he received for the knee? Etc, etc, etc...
    good luck with that. EJ doesnt talk about it in the media, and the management including coach monty are playing the same cryptic game. i hate we are all being kept in the dark about the whole thing .... i cant handle another long season of losing and not finishing games strong because we didnt have our leading scorer in the lineup.

The team is really taking seriously how they wana be sure that EJ can go the whole season injury free.... i really hope this is the case

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Oh well......another lottery pick whats the big deal?
    Pick 1-5 anyone?

This team isn't finished.
    2013/14 is when we make some noise.

I will choose not to panic. Maybe they are handling it like the Ravens handled Suggs. cryptic messages to the the media, and then it's gameday and he shows up.

HERE'S PIERRE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Millán View Post

Anthony Rivers. Davis and Austin love child.
    What is this from?
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    What is this from?
    A pre-draft video with a few rookie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEucul5EYx4

i'll take montys word for it for now. besides, other guys could use the preseason minutes more than EJ. let the young guys get the burn

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    i'll take montys word for it for now. besides, other guys could use the preseason minutes more than EJ. let the young guys get the burn
    I agree with this, but I also feel it is necessary for EJ to play at the very least two preseason games. I am holding out hope for at the very worst him playing when the Hornets play the Heat in Miami.

New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon says he may start contact work at end of the week; Monty Williams looking at next week, though

Dallas - New Orleans Hornets shooting guard Eric Gordon said Monday night he has been running at full speed for the last week and suffered no setbacks with the sore right knee that has kept him out of action the entire preseason.

Gordon is eyeing contact work for the first time, perhaps as early as the end of this week
    "At this point, it's about me trying to get ready as fast as I can, but not rush into a game where I might get hurt. I haven't done any contact stuff with the team yet," Gordon said. "I really don't want to rush it. There's a good chance toward the end of the week, maybe I'll start doing some contact stuff. But it's all about what's comfortable between me and the organization. But I think there's a really good chance I will."
    Williams said he envisions limiting Gordon's minutes once Gordon does return to the floor.
    "Every day we're getting closer," Williams said. "How close, I'm not quite sure yet. He's doing more in practices. If I had to guess, we'd probably wait until next week to give him a good three practices in a row. And I'm sure we'll have a minute restriction on him just to make sure he's ready."
    Gordon, on the other hand, said when he returns he'll be full go.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Oh well......another lottery pick whats the big deal?
    Pick 1-5 anyone?

This team isn't finished.
    2013/14 is when we make some noise.
    Losing and sucking sucks. Obviousley most of the fans want a strong push, I know I do. I want the guys to go out and play as if they are contenders if we suck and get a high pick oh well, we tried. But if it was purposely with no effort of saving your best player to win; heck naw.

All-Star
    Ahhh. Great News on EJ... been crossing my fingers since training camp started. Lets Go NOLA!

Still not liking the vibe from this whole Gordon knee situation, but whatever.

Thread Information