Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anthony Davis Points Per

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Bump!
    Wherehappens.

If AD can fiinish at 14 PPG and 10 RPG, I would call it a fantastic success. He has the tools and a year lie that for anybody his age would be amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    If AD can fiinish at 14 PPG and 10 RPG, I would call it a fantastic success. He has the tools and a year lie that for anybody his age would be amazing!!
    Well his per36 is 16/9.5 so he just needs more minutes.

Yeah the lack of minutes is killing his numbers. However, with 4 good bigs on this roster, I can see why Monty is keeping Davis's minutes low to help him through the rookie wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Yeah the lack of minutes is killing his numbers. However, with 4 good bigs on this roster, I can see why Monty is keeping Davis's minutes low to help him through the rookie wall.
    Totally agree, it's the smart plan. And it's working on both accounts, with Davis and with wins.

Got no problem with how coach is handling his minutes, but you gotta know how much it is killing us fans not seeing him play as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I said 15/7/2 and I think I was spot on. Might even be more like 17 ppg
    Man, less injuries and I think this would have been right on.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Early in the year he will average closer to 17 or 18 IMO, but he will have a rookie slump towards the end due to the massive number of games towards the end where IMO he will dip to closer to 13. So it will average out as like 15 or 16.
    Exactly backwards.
    @DanielVeuleman

Hornets' Davis impresses in rookie season

NEW ORLEANS — Anthony Davis’ season ended three games early with a sprained medial collateral ligament and a bone bruise to his left knee.

But it wasn’t too early for Hornets coach Monty Williams to know that his rookie forward had grown, showing promise for the future.

“You look at his last five games, 18 and 10, something like that – that’s what we wanted,” Williams said. “We wanted to see him get consistently get better from when we first got a hold of him until now. We wanted to see a guy that was more comfortable on the floor, obviously scoring the ball, rebounding the ball, defending.

“Look at his lumps, he got better every month.”

Davis ended his season playing 64 games instead of the full 82 because of various injuries. But with less than a week left in the season, he has done enough to show that he had a positive year.

He’s fourth in the NBA among rookies, averaging 13.5 points per game. His 1.75 blocked shots per game are most among first-year players, as is his 8.2 rebound per game average.
    http://www.wwltv.com/sports/basketba...202713831.html

He can do 2 things that will make him a 20 ppg scorer...

1. More consistency with his mid-range jumper.

David West's game went to a new level when he got consistent with his jumper. AD's stroke is pure he just needs to work on it more, because once defenders have to run out at his jumper he has shown ability to handle the ball... it'll make it easier for him to go around defenders when they fly out at his jumper.

2. Make a decisive move when he gets that high post pass at the elbow.

They run alot of plays where AD gets a pass at the elbow and turns and faces his defender. If he can face the defender and make a hard move to the basket he'll be lethal. Defenders are normally lax'd in that position because 9 times out of 10... its a part of an offensive set. They're not expecting anything from him when he gets that pass. If he can get that pass at the elbow... rip through and go hard to the basket he'll either get the bucket... get fouled... or both.

One other thing that can happen, but it has nothing to do with AD... but we need a PG with better court vision and anticipation than GV. AD missed out on a ton of buckets because GV didn't throw the lob. AD would have avg'd 20 ppg this season with a PG like CP3. Let's hope Austin figures this out.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 04-12-2013 at 08:54 PM.

I want Davis to catch and make a move right away. It drive me nuts when players catch and think or wait for the defense to catch up. A lot of time Davis isn't sure whether to take the shot or drive, and it gives Defenses times to react.

Thread Information