Pelicans Report

Thread: SEASON COUNTDOWN BEGINS/NBA

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

SEASON COUNTDOWN BEGINS/NBA

Starting today its 11 days till Opening Day.Thats a National Holiday in my book as it means we have some round all to observe.

- What I have always done over the years is evaluate the team and players in clusters of THREE GAMES.... Followed by a FIVE GAME cluster.

-Stats and trends as they envolve in groups of 3..... Total and review in the 5 game total.

- Did any stat or player maintain the 3 game trend ( improve or slip) after a total,of 5 games.

This gives a me a mini series of game groupings to better chart team/player progress.

- also wins and losses are broken up into 3 game series...what's the win/loss total every 3 gamesYou of course want to win as many 3 game series as you can.( 3-0,2-1 etc)

This system works very well with a young team as they will be subject to ups and downs and also provides me with a clear picture of their growth.

It allows a player to start with a clean slate every 3 games. I can then tally the stats I need accordingly.
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

That sounds like a good system to use. I am never that organized and just go off of my (poor) memory from prior games. I mainly look to decision making on players as well as consistency from their shots. I do not have enough basketball smarts to really judge anything else with confidence.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    Just enjoy the games as you always do! We're all wired into how we watch games differently ....do,what's best for you.. Just make sure you have some good snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    That sounds like a good system to use. I am never that organized and just go off of my (poor) memory from prior games. I mainly look to decision making on players as well as consistency from their shots. I do not have enough basketball smarts to really judge anything else with confidence.

I tend to do the exact same thing. I watch for things like confidence, consistency, IQ, and passion. If I see a player than exhibits those things I'm in love. Lol. I'm typically not a huge stat guy, but they can be important to evaluate as well.

Stats are for losers. :P

This guy agrees....

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    Starting today its 11 days till Opening Day.Thats a National Holiday in my book as it means we have some round all to observe.

- What I have always done over the years is evaluate the team and players in clusters of THREE GAMES.... Followed by a FIVE GAME cluster.

-Stats and trends as they envolve in groups of 3..... Total and review in the 5 game total.

I'll be quite interested to read your early evaluations. I also agree that opening night always has a holiday feel, Halloween or not.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Thread Information