.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: NBATV: Hornets Team Preview

  1. #1

    NBATV: Hornets Team Preview

    It comes on in 6 minutes, 6pm central time on NBA TV.

  2. #2
    It looks like it repeats tonight at 1:30 am, 10/21 at 12:30am and 5:00 am, 10/23 at 7:30 am all central time.

  3. #3
    What's the point? National media knows nothing and their "previews" will be a bunch of generic nonsense.

    Just saw the Hoopshype team preview that listed Rivers as the starting PG, Ryno as starting SF, and Hakim Warrick as the 6th man. Waste of time to listen to what national media has to say. Better off just talking to one another and/or checking out local papers/sites.
    @mcnamara247

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    What's the point? National media knows nothing and their "previews" will be a bunch of generic nonsense.

    Just saw the Hoopshype team preview that listed Rivers as the starting PG, Ryno as starting SF, and Hakim Warrick as the 6th man. Waste of time to listen to what national media has to say. Better off just talking to one another and/or checking out local papers/sites.
    What's the point of your post? So people shouldn't watch just because the national media isn't as knowledgeable as the local media? It sounds like you want all the attention.

  5. #5
    Didn't say anything about "me"

    Swarm and Sting, HornetsReport, H247, At the Hive, Nola.com -- so many great places to get Hornets info. National previews are a joke and the more people watch them/read them, the more these people think they can get away with doing little to no research and still get large numbers.

    And do you really wanna know how it effects ALL of us? The Hornets PR people set up interviews, appearances, etc. and they have a limited amount of time, so they usually give it to those outlets that are the most watched, read, etc. If Hornets fans didn't watch this crap, but checked out At the Hive or H247 instead, then the next time you saw a Monty interview or heard Dell Demps , they wouldn't be lobbed softball questions that we all already know the answers to.

    The sad truth, however, is that 80% of Hornets fans dont know of the sites that have the in-depth info and will instead watch this crap. The Hornets will in turn give more access to outlets like this and the cycle will continue.

    Ask anybody who works with me at Hornets247- I couldn't care less about whether people know me or listen to me. If I had one wish, it would be for sports media to totally be flipped on its head and the first step is for the fans to let national outlets know that they won't tune in for this junk. They see a ratings dip, and believe me, their effort will change.

  6. #6
    I love the coverage of Hornets247, but they do team previews for every team so I doubt they would stop if they didn't have good ratings. Since preseason isn't televised this 30 minute preview was good enough for me to get my Hornets fix before the regular season starts.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    What's the point of your post? So people shouldn't watch just because the national media isn't as knowledgeable as the local media? It sounds like you want all the attention.
    Chill dude. Michael makes a good point. I saw that same hoopshype article; it was a sore sight. Hell, I heard a guy on NBA TV suggest that we might start Lance Thomas at the 3. National media will continue to overlook us and misinform audiences about our team until we become a more respectable, competitive team aka contenders. That's how it is with all the bottom feeders, especially small-market ones. Davis and Rivers mark a positive shift in public attention, but don't think we've turned the corner just yet. Soon, however, things will change. And with that change will come more competent coverage.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-19-2012 at 09:48 PM.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Chill dude. Michael makes a good point. I saw that same hoopshype article; it was a sore sight. Hell, I heard a guy on NBA TV suggest that we might start Lance Thomas at the 3. National media will continue to overlook us and misinform audiences about our team until we become a more respectable, competitive team aka contenders. That's how it is with all the bottom feeders, especially small-market ones. Davis and Rivers mark a positive shift in public attention, but don't think we've turned the corner just yet. Soon, however, things will change. And with that change will come more competent coverage.
    I should chill? I was merely pointing out that the team preview was coming on TV for those who wanted to see it. I didn't post anything about the Hoopshype article so I don't know how that's relevant to the NBATV Hornets team preview.

  9. #9
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Didn't say anything about "me"

    Swarm and Sting, HornetsReport, H247, At the Hive, Nola.com -- so many great places to get Hornets info. National previews are a joke and the more people watch them/read them, the more these people think they can get away with doing little to no research and still get large numbers.

    And do you really wanna know how it effects ALL of us? The Hornets PR people set up interviews, appearances, etc. and they have a limited amount of time, so they usually give it to those outlets that are the most watched, read, etc. If Hornets fans didn't watch this crap, but checked out At the Hive or H247 instead, then the next time you saw a Monty interview or heard Dell Demps , they wouldn't be lobbed softball questions that we all already know the answers to.

    The sad truth, however, is that 80% of Hornets fans dont know of the sites that have the in-depth info and will instead watch this crap. The Hornets will in turn give more access to outlets like this and the cycle will continue.

    Ask anybody who works with me at Hornets247- I couldn't care less about whether people know me or listen to me. If I had one wish, it would be for sports media to totally be flipped on its head and the first step is for the fans to let national outlets know that they won't tune in for this junk. They see a ratings dip, and believe me, their effort will change.

    I AGREE WITH YOUR VIEWS BROTHER. Love the podcast man.
    True Love

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    I should chill? I was merely pointing out that the team preview was coming on TV for those who wanted to see it. I didn't post anything about the Hoopshype article so I don't know how that's relevant to the NBATV Hornets team preview.
    "It sounds like you want all the attention" was a pretty silly deduction to come up with from Micheal's post. And he used the Hoopshype article as an example of national coverage in general, which obviously includes NBATV. Don't take his criticism so personally. I appreciated your post, as I am sure he did. All he was pointing out was that these types of national previews rarely cover teams like ours sufficiently.

  11. #11
    pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pelicans Nation
    Posts
    119
    Ok.I guess you didn't read the articles about us tanking and article upon article about us not having any chance of the playoffs this year. They based that off of us going 21-45. Not actually noticing that we played extremely well without our star player. National media doesn't care enough about small market teams to do their research on them, so use hornets websites. S&S H247 ATH and HR are the way to go. I like reading hornets articles from people who actually watch them, you and other hornets fans should too.

  12. #12
    pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pelicans Nation
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    "It sounds like you want all the attention" was a pretty silly deduction to come up with from Micheal's post. And he used the Hoopshype article as an example of national coverage in general, which obviously includes NBATV. Don't take his criticism so personally. I appreciated your post, as I am sure he did. All he was pointing out was that these types of national previews rarely cover teams like ours sufficiently.
    Agreed. NBATV was the wonderful people who while commentating a summer league game, said the hornets were at least 3 years from being a playoff team

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet96 View Post
    Agreed. NBATV was the wonderful people who while commentating a summer league game, said the hornets were at least 3 years from being a playoff team
    I don't think that statement is such a stretch. It's a possibility. We are still a very young team and our best player has to prove that he can stay healthy.

  14. #14
    pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pelicans Nation
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I don't think that statement is such a stretch. It's a possibility. We are still a very young team and our best player has to prove that he can stay healthy.
    So you honestly thinly that this team is THREE years from just being an 8th seed? Crazy man

  15. #15
    RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York (if I see one more effing Nets hat)
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    It comes on in 6 minutes, 6pm central time on NBA TV.
    THANK YOU!

    Would have been a nice thing to say to MetarieHornet, THANK YOU

    I think I would have responded the same way to Micheal's comment, the fact that the "National media coverage knows nothing" comment is his own bias, Metarie was just bringing everyone to attention of news about our favorite team. And lets be honest people, local coverage is just as bad as "National" coverage now a days. Just my 2 cents.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet96 View Post
    So you honestly thinly that this team is THREE years from just being an 8th seed? Crazy man
    There's too many variables to consider. Gordon's health, PG development, SF, and Rivers development. We have a lot of potential but we also have a lot of question marks. Look at teams like Minnesota, GSW, and Sacramento. They have yet to make that leap. Potential only takes you so far.

    I'm not saying we'll be at best 8th seed in 3 years. I'm saying it's not out of the possibility. It's also not out of the possibility that we luck out and everything goes according to plan and we make a splash within 3 years. I'm just saying it's not a stretch for the team to take 3 years to develop.

  17. #17
    pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pelicans Nation
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    There's too many variables to consider. Gordon's health, PG development, SF, and Rivers development. We have a lot of potenti
    al but we also have a lot of question marks. Look at teams like Minnesota, GSW, and Sacramento. They have yet to make that leap. Potential only takes you so far.

    I'm not saying we'll be at best 8th seed in 3 years. I'm saying it's not out of the possibility. It's also not out of the possibility that we luck out and everything goes according to plan and we make a splash within 3 years. I'm just saying it's not a stretch for the team to take 3 years to develop.
    Ill give you that. It just depends on those variables. I'm just saying I think we have a lot of talent but then again its young talent. Regardless of what happens it will be a great season. #GEAUXHORNETS #AD23ISTHEFUTURE

  18. #18
    BUZZ OFF, CHARLOTTE Teal Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    627
    The preview was good in the depth it provided in how a prolific shot blocker changes the defensive mindset for the other positions. The weakness was the "worst case scenario". Unless Gordon spends most of the year injured, I just don't see how the Hornets are going to be among the league's bottom-feeders.
    With purple and pinstripes from days gone by, I trumpet Hugo's name to the NOLA sky. When rebranders and posers abuse their might, beware my power, TEAL LANTERN'S LIGHT!

    Forever hating the nickname, the logos, and the colors. Still backing the team I've loved since 1994.

    Stolen name. Stolen colors. Stolen identity. Still the same old worthless Slobcats. Suck sludge, Charlotte.

  19. #19
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    What's the point? National media knows nothing and their "previews" will be a bunch of generic nonsense.

    Just saw the Hoopshype team preview that listed Rivers as the starting PG, Ryno as starting SF, and Hakim Warrick as the 6th man. Waste of time to listen to what national media has to say. Better off just talking to one another and/or checking out local papers/sites.
    You might need to chill out a bit dude, everyone has a right to post even if they DON'T have a super awesome blog to post on.
    Wherehappens.

  20. #20
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Didn't hornets247.com just post a Soutwest division "preview" and prediction?

  21. #21
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The sad truth, however, is that 80% of Hornets fans dont know of the sites that have the in-depth info and will instead watch this crap. The Hornets will in turn give more access to outlets like this and the cycle will continue.
    This could be said for any sports team in the nation, perhaps the world.

  22. #22
    I know this is really late, but it is needed in this thread


  23. #23
    Hall of Famer HalfBreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Orleans East
    Posts
    542
    crazy how a lot of posts turn into arguments and jump from topic to topic.
    Last edited by HalfBreed; 10-20-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: misspell

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet96 View Post
    So you honestly thinly that this team is THREE years from just being an 8th seed? Crazy man
    While I don't think it will take that long with this group... it's certainly a possibility. The biggest factor is Gordon's health. If he continues to miss a ton of games every year and Austin Rivers doesn't turn into anything other than a decent starter or good 6th/7th man, then the team could still have issues scoring.

    Personally, I'm predicting them to finish around the 10th/11th spot in the West this year, but finish the season strong after a slow start. Next year, finish around the 8th/7th seed, then compete for the 4th/5th seed in three years.

    A lot of this also clearly depends on what happens with teams like the Mavs, Spurs, and Lakers and their aging players. I do think the Hornets are a legit championship contender in about 4 or 5 years though when Davis hits the beginning of his prime and Gordon is still relatively young.

    I already have my own hype around the Hornets & Thunder being future rivals like the Spurs used to always be with the Suns & Mavs.
    Last edited by bradael; 10-20-2012 at 11:48 AM.

  25. #25
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    If anyone is interested in seeing it, here is a snippet of it. I thought it was the full thing but it's not.

    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...nba/index.html

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •