Pelicans Report

Thread: Recap of the games?

Recap of the games?

Haven't seen any of the preseason games or any stats on them.. Can someone just let me know whats going on? hows our rookies doing, anyone out there turning heads and surprising people? Anyone not meeting up to expectations (yet)?

appreciate it.
    Alvin Gentry is my savior

Game 5 thread
    Game 4 thread
    Game 3 thread
    Game 2 thread
    Game 1 thread

Anthony Davis has played 4 out of 5 games but when he's played, he's played relatively well. As a rookie, he's still learning. Rivers is still learning but has been declared a bust by some since he hasn't been putting the ball in the hoop as much as some would have hoped. You can find stats here.

Next game will be on Monday, 10/22 against Dallas. A Nowitzki-less Dallas.

I don't believe any of them have been on TV yet, so I haven't seen any. I currently live in Houston and the funny part is the one game the Hornets played here... I was on a flight to New Orleans... so I haven't been able to go to any games either.

With that said, from what I can tell, it looks like Anthony Davis is playing fairly well already. Lopez seems to be doing fine. Anderson was on fire in the first few games, and can't hit anything since. Rivers seems to be doing OK except that none of his shots are falling.

All in all, it sounds like a young team learning how to play together (shoot... four of the top 7 or 8 players on the roster weren't on the team last year and the team's current best player barely played a season ago and has yet to practice this year). Team definitely needs Gordon though because none of the guards are scoring well.

I expect this team to start off very slow before finishing the season strong (assuming the key players are healthy). I'm expecting a very exciting season regardless of the win/loss total.

Thread Information