Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lineup that potentially worries me

These are some of the reasons why I questioned some of our off-season moves. I see a ton of holes in this team on both sides of the ball. We paid Anderson and in this league there's often pressure to play the guys you pay. Anderson lack of versatility could end up hurting Davis progession. From what we've seen from Davis so far seems like any position other than the 4 will present legit problems for different reason. He hasn't shown good defense on the perimeter and you don't want him banging against the majority of centers in this league not yet anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I think the bigger question is how we handle the backup guards with Roberts, Rivers and Mason. Possibly throwing Henry in there some as well. Who are the first two off the bench? Right now I'm thinking Roberts and Rivers, but I know Mason is going to play a lot.
    Not sure about Roberts stupid lack of tv coverage, but Rivers and Mason haven't shown much defensive prowess and that could be a problem moving foward.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    These are some of the reasons why I questioned some of our off-season moves. I see a ton of holes in this team on both sides of the ball. We paid Anderson and in this league there's often pressure to play the guys you pay. Anderson lack of versatility could end up hurting Davis progession. From what we've seen from Davis so far seems like any position other than the 4 will present legit problems for different reason. He hasn't shown good defense on the perimeter and you don't want him banging against the majority of centers in this league not yet anyways.
    Depends on if you're playing Zone or man. I liked our moves a lot, but IMO they were done and i am judging them knowing this isn't a one year project.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Not sure about Roberts stupid lack of tv coverage, but Rivers and Mason haven't shown much defensive prowess and that could be a problem moving foward.
    Disagree on the defense of Rivers and Mason. Austin shows much improvement from game to game. Mason is getting older but i never thought his defense was terrible. I mean he played for the Spurs for 2 years which i would consider a defensive minded team. No way Pop would have kept him around if his defense was bad. Just my opinion. I think they'll both be fine.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Austin's D has been better than expected, but afterall it's only preseason.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Saw the potential for his D in Summer League. Didn't blow me away, but should've figured with his lateral quickness and length for a combo guard, he'd be solid there.

...now if only that shot can start falling.

I hope Davis can showcase his perimeter game in some lineups at SF this season. Like has been previously stated, it helps in the long run with his over all game, and also helps him now by allowing him to grow into his body before he starts banging down low... develop one part of your game at a time and you can be that much more focused on the tasks at hand while playing loose and instinctive still

Thread Information