Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG, Drummond or Lillard - What Could Have Been

OMG, Drummond or Lillard - What Could Have Been

I knew we should have done whatever it took to move up to draft one of these two.

We could have gotten Drummond by trading up to the Raps two spots ahead. We could have got their pick very cheaply because there was no way the Pistons would have taken their pick, Terrence Ross.

Maybe Lillard was out of our reach, but I knew he was going to be a star.

Now Drummond is looking like the reincarnation of Shaquille O'Neal and Lillard is probably an all-star level point guard. Both are going to be stellar players in the league for years and years to come.

Why were the Hornets so stuck on Austin Rivers?!?

Are you serious? It's preseason.....PRE SEASON. Simmer down, Rivers might have a better career than all of the top picks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    And you are saying this based on pre-season games? Trading up costs, and it could have cost us our other pick which was Miller. You or anyone haven't seen what Rivers truely is. This guy has some of the best moves to get to the lane and create space since Allen Iverson, he just needs to be a better passer and work on his jump shot. Lillard need work on passing, IQ and most importantly giving up on the play. From my eyes when a guy takes his 1st step on Lillard he tends to let the guy blow past him.
    I believe Drummond was a main target. If the Pistons would have took Rivers or any scenario where Drummond would have been avaliable we was going to take him over Rivers. The staff choose to let things play out because they was going to be happy with either pick IMO. So see how the guys play in their prime before sorta comparing thing.
    Last edited by Trell; 10-14-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Okay, I will simmer down. I hope you guys are right.... You know why I'm worried though right? I'm just not seeing it with Rivers at this point. To me Miller is looking better. Know it's early in the pre-season and he's only 19 though.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    +1
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

I think Rivers will be ok. It may take a while but with with the way Gordon is always injured Rivers will probably be starting at the two most of the year. I hope he cB live up to the pick

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Drummond is an athletic freak that will make spectacular blocks and dunks his whole career. Lillard was one of the most polished efficient scorers in college and is Rivers senior by 2 years. I knew he'd come in and tear it up.

I wanted Lillard or Drummond before Rivers too...but they both went before Rivers. So what's with the despair? Not like we passed on them.

Calm yourself.

Also, not sure why people keep saying Rivers is 19. He's 20. Davis is the 19 year old.

TL;DR response:

Last edited by Eman5805; 10-14-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    I knew we should have done whatever it took to move up to draft one of these two.

We could have gotten Drummond by trading up to the Raps two spots ahead. We could have got their pick very cheaply because there was no way the Pistons would have taken their pick, Terrence Ross.

Now Drummond is looking like the reincarnation of Shaquille O'Neal and Lillard is probably an all-star level point guard. Both are going to be stellar players in the league for years and years to come.

Nice to see I haven't missed anything during my long absence

This was awful.

So many gifs we can use in this thread lol.

It is still waaaay too early, but man Drummond looks like a man among boys. To be that big, strong, long, explosive and athletic is crazy. Not to mention he was probably the most raw player in the draft.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I spit my Gatorade on my laptop laughing. Thanks alot..........
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

C'mon more gif guys this is making me roll on the floor, laughing HAHAHA

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    Come out with more gif guys.........this is making me roll on the floor, laughing HAHAHA
    GIFSoup

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_ly4qf03y4t1qiq9ck.gif 
Views:	81 
Size:	482.9 KB 
ID:	4351  

Serious question with no disrespect intended: How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Serious question with no disrespect intended: How old are you?
    Old enough to remember Magic Johnson and Larry Bird as rookies, lol.

No seriously I'm starting to think the Hornets made a huge mistake. I argued with you guys for months before the draft saying we shouldn't take Rivers and oh no, you guys said he would be great, but now that I'm seeing the guys that I clearly wanted more than Rivers starting to show themselves to be potential stars, it is hard. Just hard to be patient.

Rivers is a scorer who is failing epicly at the one thing is supposed to be good at. I think he's probably shooting less than 30% in the preseason so far. He's clearly not a point guard. Not even close. He is looking a lot more like Aminu than Eric Gordon if you know what I mean, a long term project.
    Last edited by sfernald; 10-14-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    ...We got Davis. And the others were gone. That isn't really a mistake that we made, just good drafting by the other teams. He just wishes we would have gotten the others instead of rivers. Be cool guys lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I admit i'm starting to have doubts, but who else could we have picked at that spot? What could we have traded to even move up TWO spots?
    Ballin

^^^^I know. It's not really our fault or anything. I'm just blaming the Gods at this point.

Seems like we could have pulled off a deal to swap with the Raps though. They could have still gotten Ross at #10 and we could have thrown in a second round pick or two. Those kinds of deals are actually pretty hard to pull off though it seems in real life.

I'm just venting now guys. I'm hoping every game I see that spark I'm waiting for.

^^^^I know. It's not really our fault or anything. I'm just blaming the Gods at this point.

Seems like we could have pulled off a deal to swap with the Raps though. They could have still gotten Ross at #10 and we could have thrown in a second round pick or two. Those kinds of deals are actually pretty hard to pull off though it seems in real life.

I'm just venting now guys. I'm hoping every game I see that spark I'm waiting for.
    Look at the bright side, we got the best player in the draft as insurance for Austin Rivers. So if he doesn't pan out we still have Anthony Davis. At worse Austin Rivers can be a scorer off the bench. I mean i'm talking Jason Terry or James Harden scorer, he's got the potential.

Thread Information