Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Huh? That's just a random person's mock up with no affiliation with the team. And it just so happens to be mardi gras colors out of towner.

I really doubt that will be close to the scheme. I'd bet it will be either a light blue and grey, red/gold/black or black and gold.
    I know what the mardi gras colors are but basing a color scheme around that seems horrible, i understand if its one jersey but a whole scheme would be tacky as hell
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

I think Pelicans would be ok, but not with a Mardi Gras color scheme.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    I know what the mardi gras colors are but basing a color scheme around that seems horrible, i understand if its one jersey but a whole scheme would be tacky as hell
    I agree. Though green and gold looks ok. Check out my Knights mock up in the other thread. I think that could work.
    Wherehappens.

I like the Knights as a name and how u made it

What happened? I thought they said they would be posting more on 247 later in the day, yesterday.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    How many locals have you actually spoken to?
    I'm basing it off the responses in this thread. I never actually said it doesn't have local support. Just that a lot of people in this thread don't like it and that's a great sign.

Didn't we have an Arena team back in the day called the Knights?

EDIT: it was the NEw Orleans NIGHT lol
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 10-17-2012 at 05:11 PM.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    What happened? I thought they said they would be posting more on 247 later in the day, yesterday.
    I really think that tweet was around the same time as the others or before. I don't think they HAVE any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I really think that tweet was around the same time as the others or before. I don't think they HAVE any info.

Might not have info but he posted it after the first tweets. And it's pretty clear that he had planned to post something on the website.

Jake Madison ‏@NOLAJake

We'll have a post on @hornets247 later today with some more info on the Hornets rebrand.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Didn't we have an Arena team back in the day called the Knights?

EDIT: it was the NEw Orleans NIGHT lol
    I like Night better than Knights. JMO

If we use night we might as well contact a tribe called quest and ask for the name midnight marauders. Great album, great name they could even do pregame intros to the song midnight. The name sounds a whole heck of a lot cooler than pelicans, although pelicans is not terrible

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Awesome name for our team By the way i go to a ULL, asked people all over social websites and walked within the city of N.O. and NO ONE liked the "New Orleans Pelicans". NO ONE. NO ONE. NO ONE.

FWIW, I've been asking some people around LSU, and there are a ton that love it. Small sample sizes for both though.

The 'New Orleans Pelicans' just sounds laughable. I mean, come on. I can't believe we're even taking about this.

#NewOrleansKnights2013

For that matter, the 'Crescents' also could work. As could many others. I did like that Uni watch ESPN design for the Pelicans, but i think it just sounds too childish

Knicks is short hand for a pair of pants.

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    New Orleans Fighting Kwame Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Yea the Knicks, Magic, Thunder, Bobcats, Lakers, Nuggets, Nets, Bucks, Wizards, Kings are sooooooooo much better then Pelicans.

I mean if you really think about it MOST team names are "jokes" "lame" and "stupid".

Dunno bout you guys but i watch basketball for basketball not because I think the "team name is awesome!"
    I agree in principal that a team name has no barring on whether I support the team or not. However it's not one or the other. I can not like the name and sti support the team. It's better to express dislike now while nothing is final.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I hope they keep Hornets.

Really depends on what the owner usually likes. That's how most team names are decided.

Whatever Benson wants is what the team will get.

For some reason, I'm thinking New Orleans Crescents seems ok right now.

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    New Orleans Maniacs

If we're looking for a team name that represents the fans, we could name it the New Orleans Complains About Everything...ers.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    If we're looking for a team name that represents the fans, we could name it the New Orleans Complains About Everything...ers.
    Yep. I'm on board with Pelicans...it's local, it's classic, it's classy.
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by geaux View Post
    Yep. I'm on board with Pelicans...it's local, it's classic, it's classy.
    Exactly.

When the polling was done earlier in the year a high majority wanted a name change.

When there was voting on the possible names there were mixed results.

If a report came out that Krewe, Brass, Angels or any other alternative we have discussed was a possibility there would be just as many people complaining. I hear things like "Knights are better" "Should have stayed with Hornets" "Pelicans sounds childish" the majority wanted a name with REAL local ties to the city/region and this name does that(if it was to be chosen).
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pelicans would be my second choice, but I stand pretty firm in saying that I feel we should take advantage of this opportunity to go the 'Golden State' route.

Why must we be the 'New Orleans ___________'. I think 'Crescent City __________' gives us a lot more options with names, while adding a unique flair. Most people that know New Orleans, even in the most distant of ways, would understand the reference, whatever it may be.

I'll probably champion that until I die, though.

Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

Lol the team isnt any different with a new name. But personally i followed the team purely because it had a cool logo and Baron was goooood. Grew out of that, honestly if the team is named the Pelicans and they start winning i dont think anyone would care about the name then. And if they do care, less bandwagon fans!

Thread Information