Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    For those of you who think UNC blue is so awesome and it should be one of our colors, WTF!!!! Seriously!!! Why??? We are trying to cut all ties with North Carolina and have our own identity yet you want to use the University of North Carolina's blue. You must all be mad. Anything other than Mardi Gras colors to me is a waste. I don't care if people outside the area don't think they look good or match or whatever. This is about our identity and the Mardi Gras color's is the best choice possible.
    It has nothing to do with the fact that UNC is from the same state as the Hornets were originally, just a color that was rumored to having been considered that IMO (and others obviously) would look great for an NBA team.

And as for the people that dislike brown being with light blue, what about a beige or tan color?

I think that would be awesome.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    For those of you who think UNC blue is so awesome and it should be one of our colors, WTF!!!! Seriously!!! Why??? We are trying to cut all ties with North Carolina and have our own identity yet you want to use the University of North Carolina's blue. You must all be mad. Anything other than Mardi Gras colors to me is a waste. I don't care if people outside the area don't think they look good or match or whatever. This is about our identity and the Mardi Gras color's is the best choice possible.
    No...they don't look good and they aren't the best. And it doesn't have anything to do with people outside the area, there is only a select few people who think they Mardi Gras colors look good as a color scheme, they don't look good together, they are flat out ugly together and only works in the context of Carnival.

Again, there is a small group of people who think those colors work, who thought those Mardi Gras alternates should have been our regular uniforms, just like the small, but loud group of people who like, want and promote Krewe as a fan favorite for the new name.

No need to over think this, pick colors that will appeal to the eye in general and not to a small wacky group of year round comedians.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    No...they don't look good and they aren't the best. And it doesn't have anything to do with people outside the area, there is only a select few people who think they Mardi Gras colors look good as a color scheme, they don't look good together, they are flat out ugly together and only works in the context of Carnival.

Again, there is a small group of people who think those colors work, who thought those Mardi Gras alternates should have been our regular uniforms, just like the small, but loud group of people who like, want and promote Krewe as a fan favorite for the new name.

No need to over think this, pick colors that will appeal to the eye in general and not to a small wacky group of year round comedians.

I like Krewe and Pelicans and Mardi Gras colors... I am a wacky comedian! I also like to smash watermelons with a very large mallet in my spare time......
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 10-31-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    It's in the Bones

Thread Information