Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

Pelicans sound like a Elementary school mascot.

I would prefer Hornets over Pelicans. I remember being excited about this rebranding. Now with all the supposedly front-runners I'm strongly disappointed. If we end up the Pelicans it will be the epitome of being careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    And us, his designs are sweet.
    Indeed!

I can see people throwing a fit over crap like Spirit or Angels, but it's strange to me that so many people don't like Pelicans. Voodoo, Krewe, Brass and Pelicans all sound fine to me...

How about the New Orleans Barbie Dolls?

Whose design was this? Was this from that contest or Dubs?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7229/7...3e17a325_o.png

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Not dub's.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    Indeed!

I can see people throwing a fit over crap like Spirit or Angels, but it's strange to me that so many people don't like Pelicans. Voodoo, Krewe, Brass and Pelicans all sound fine to me...
    It's not a ton, it's the same five people posting over and over about how horrible it is.

Aha, you're probably right, I just browsed through quickly and didn't notice who said what.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    Aha, you're probably right, I just browsed through quickly and didn't notice who said what.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    It's more than 5 people and it hasn't been the same people posting over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Pelicans sound like a Elementary school mascot.

I would prefer Hornets over Pelicans. I remember being excited about this rebranding. Now with all the supposedly front-runners I'm strongly disappointed. If we end up the Pelicans it will be the epitome of being careful what you wish for.

Man I feel you but you should know better than anybody that on this board if you disagree with the masses you will get argued down and get labeled a troll.
    Like I said before I can deal with the Pelicans but I honestly feel the Hornets is better .....my opinion.

The masses? Honestly, to me it looks like it's 80/20 against Pelicans. I feel like the outsider at this point because I don't hate the name.

Bottom line... It's Benson's Team and he'll do what he wants.... Regular Season can't get here soon enough. We've beat soooo many dead horses on this board can't wait till we can talk about some real ball.

I don't hate it either. It's probably the best of all the options. I guess I'm just extra pro Hornets. Question: are they planning on changing the colors also? Like will it be black& gold or something?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Bottom line... It's Benson's Team and he'll do what he wants.... Regular Season can't get here soon enough. We've beat soooo many dead horses on this board can't wait till we can talk about some real ball.

Truuuuu

hornets is a way better name than pelicans.
    "We may raise some eyebrows, but we're not in this to get excited or raise eyebrows." - Monty Williams

My top 3 names would be pelicans, krewe, and brass. Pelicans is not as bad as some on here make it out to be. Some on here act like the mascots have a death match before the game to see who gets the ball first. Plus that pelican logo would look great a half court.

Im going to miss the Hornets... because im a true Hornets fan, not New orleans fan
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    because im a true Hornets fan, not New orleans fan
    Potshot at the locals?

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Potshot at the locals?
    Not really, more of a disappointment of Benson for wanting such a cheesy name like the Pelicans...

I've been a Hornets fan all my life... so it will suck regardless what we change the name to... but to something crappy like the Pelicans.... ughh

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Not really, more of a disappointment of Benson for wanting such a cheesy name like the Pelicans...

I've been a Hornets fan all my life... so it will suck regardless what we change the name to... but to something crappy like the Pelicans.... ughh

Luckily it seems a lot of people feel this way. I doubt Benson will go with a name that doesn't have much local support.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Luckily it seems a lot of people feel this way. I doubt Benson will go with a name that doesn't have much local support.
    How many locals have you actually spoken to?

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    And plus it has the same color scheme of the Lakers... except with green in there...
    Is there a list of the possible names?

Pelicans isn't the worst but it would be my 4th or fifth option from those constantly named.

Re: Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

And plus it has the same color scheme of the Lakers... except with green in there...
    No color scheme, design, or mascot has been decided on and no official list of possibilities of any of them exist. It is completely up in the air.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Huh? That's just a random person's mock up with no affiliation with the team. And it just so happens to be mardi gras colors out of towner.

I really doubt that will be close to the scheme. I'd bet it will be either a light blue and grey, red/gold/black or black and gold.

Thread Information