.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 379

Thread: Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

  1. #301
    All-Star Attila The Hun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Not New Orleans
    Posts
    311
    Grey is a really dicey colour choice, particularly for a small-market team.

    Blue and black (eg Inter Milan) would be better.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

  2. #302
    BUZZ OFF, CHARLOTTE Teal Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Krewe also has a movie angle. I've seen a LOT of grips wearing rockin' Film Krewe shirts. Looked cash.

    I don't care if the logo is generic. I'll take Krewe over Pelicans.
    It looks like you and I finally agree on something. I wasn't exactly thrilled with Krewe until Pelicans became a player in the situation. Now I'd breathe a sigh of relief if Krewe, Brass, Spirit, Angels, Knights, Clowns, Poodles, or Dry Paint is announced as the new team name.
    With purple and pinstripes from days gone by, I trumpet Hugo's name to the NOLA sky. When rebranders and posers abuse their might, beware my power, TEAL LANTERN'S LIGHT!

    Forever hating the nickname, the logos, and the colors. Still backing the team I've loved since 1994.

    Stolen name. Stolen colors. Stolen identity. Still the same old worthless Slobcats. Suck sludge, Charlotte.

  3. #303
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,287
    But where you like rabidly insulting Pelicans, I would just accept the name without problem.

    If you can run out with the words Texans on your jersey, then nothing is off limits. Still...I'm down with the Krewe.
    Now I do voice overs. Finally!

  4. #304
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    It looks like you and I finally agree on something. I wasn't exactly thrilled with Krewe until Pelicans became a player in the situation. Now I'd breathe a sigh of relief if Krewe, Brass, Spirit, Angels, Knights, Clowns, Poodles, or Dry Paint is announced as the new team name.
    HH: You claim to be Hornets for life but you live in VA and you're a Kentucky fan for life as well?

    Normally I wouldn't care but your friggin signature is HUGE so...
    Wherehappens.

  5. #305
    BUZZ OFF, CHARLOTTE Teal Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    HH: You claim to be Hornets for life but you live in VA and you're a Kentucky fan for life as well?

    Normally I wouldn't care but your friggin signature is HUGE so...
    You got it. Hardcore fan of the 'Cats, Bugs, and Niners.

  6. #306
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    At least pull for the UVA Cavaliers. Come on, breh~
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  7. #307
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    You got it. Hardcore fan of the 'Cats, Bugs, and Niners.
    Cool explanation. No worries.

  8. #308
    wahoo Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    At least pull for the UVA Cavaliers. Come on, breh~
    yeah breh. we could use it right now..

  9. #309
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,378
    Pelicans not intimidating you say?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIniV...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtQ3T...eature=related

    I'm starting to warm up to these *******s.







    No I'm not. Brass it is.

  10. #310

    Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Pelicans not intimidating you say?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIniV...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtQ3T...eature=related

    I'm starting to warm up to these *******s.







    No I'm not. Brass it is.
    Least brutal killings ive ever seen. Cant believe i watched both.

  11. #311
    BUZZ OFF, CHARLOTTE Teal Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    At least pull for the UVA Cavaliers. Come on, breh~
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    yeah breh. we could use it right now..
    Well, I don't wish them ill, unless they come into Rupp. I couldn't care less about college football.

  12. #312
    GO HORNETS moubre4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Mid-City
    Posts
    543
    PELICANS! I endorse this 100%

  13. #313
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,885
    I think after this thread, i officially prefer the Krewe.

  14. #314
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    I still definitely prefer Krewe, Brass, and some of the others over Pelicans. But... out of my hands!

  15. #315
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,747

    Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

    I prefer Pelicans over Krewe, but maybe Brass over Pelicans. But Brass is too much like Jazz. We need to be more original.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  16. #316
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I prefer Pelicans over Krewe, but maybe Brass over Pelicans. But Brass is too much like Jazz. We need to be more original.
    No, Utah needs to be original

  17. #317
    Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ascension Parish
    Posts
    2,528
    God knows I would love to get Jazz back, but it won't happen. I could think of many terrible names that are much worse than Pelicans. It may not be the best, but it's something unique to this region and from a marketing perspective you can do a lot with it.

  18. #318
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,352
    I'm still choosing Voodoo over Brass, Brass over Pelicans, and Pelicans over Krewe, but at the end of the day I'll be satisfied with whatever name it is, as long as it isn't the New Orleans Buttchompers or the New Orleans Hornets.

  19. #319
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I'm still choosing Voodoo over Brass, Brass over Pelicans, and Pelicans over Krewe, but at the end of the day I'll be satisfied with whatever name it is, as long as it isn't the New Orleans Buttchompers or the New Orleans Hornets.
    Buttchompers

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    For some reason, Benson is a fan of the light blue. He wanted to change the Saints colors to the UCLA blue and gold when he bought them, but eventually decided against it.
    Not true. You're thinking of Mecom's -- the first owner -- initial choice for colors for the team. He wanted blue and gold, but the NFL ruled that it was too close to the San Diego Chargers.

    See:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orl...s_and_uniforms

  21. #321
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    As a UNC fan from NC I'm partial to a light blue color. I also think it would look great as an NBA scheme.

  22. #322
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,989
    Blue is sexy..... That is all.
    True Love

  23. #323
    What about all of your voodoo poopoo's that were guaranteeing a voodoo. I hate to be the one I told ya so...

  24. #324
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,352
    Who forgot to spray the forums?

  25. #325
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    21,860
    Quote Originally Posted by DRob8785 View Post
    Not true. You're thinking of Mecom's -- the first owner -- initial choice for colors for the team. He wanted blue and gold, but the NFL ruled that it was too close to the San Diego Chargers.

    See:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orl...s_and_uniforms
    No, absolutely true. Benson was considering a change to colors similar to UCLA colors for the team but was talked out of it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •