.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 379

Thread: Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

  1. #1
    Rollin' Contributor Smirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Orleans, La
    Posts
    3,603

    Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

    Courtesy of another board. Don't know why Wope didn't post it here.

    Gerry V:

    @gvtalk
    Should I order my Pelican hat now? Cool hat right?
    Then, Hornets 24/7 writer:
    @NOLAJake

    After talking to some people and hearing certain things I might have to say Pelicans is the front runner for a Hornets name change.

    Now that name is not certain, just like Angels and Spirit weren't, more of a logical deduction based on who I've talked to
    We'll see.

  2. #2
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,360
    Eh.

  3. #3
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,687
    Yes, in the thread at the top of the front page.
    Wherehappens.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,492
    In the rebrand thread.

  6. #6
    Rollin' Contributor Smirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Orleans, La
    Posts
    3,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Yes, in the thread at the top of the front page.
    People actually read that thread?

  7. #7
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    I'm guessing this is just a ploy to make us content with the Hornets brand. Well, it worked on me.

  8. #8
    The Franchise    Contributor   

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Auckland New Zealand
    Posts
    2,449
    This deserved its own thread and I am happy with Pelicans. I hope bigdubs designs are being used
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

  9. #9
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,687
    Pelicans: Never Forget


  10. #10
    MURDER BIRDS!!!

  11. #11
    I like your logo. If they use that and keep New Orleans on the home and away jersey and change the colors to black and gold that would be great

  12. #12
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,713
    LOL WTF.

  13. #13
    Doubt it's anything other than speculation.

    However, I don't like the name Pelicans simply because no one would ever call them the Pelicans. The name is too long. It would be shortened to P-Cans or Cans (Warriors are the only 3+ syllable name I can think of in sports that isn't shortened. Even two syllable names are sometimes shortened).

    Turrible.

  14. #14
    I ment purple haze logo

  15. #15
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,859
    Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Doubt it's anything other than speculation.

    However, I don't like the name Pelicans simply because no one would ever call them the Pelicans. The name is too long. It would be shortened to P-Cans or Cans (Warriors are the only 3+ syllable name I can think of in sports that isn't shortened. Even two syllable names are sometimes shortened).

    Turrible.
    Peli.

    Pelle Pelle. Some Jordans. Some Technomarines...
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  16. #16
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,560
    O......MY........GOD


    PLEASE NO!

  17. #17
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,859
    Oh yeah. THe Derp Birds guy.

    Could be tough itty for Frank Nitty.

  18. #18
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    I like your logo. If they use that and keep New Orleans on the home and away jersey and change the colors to black and gold that would be great
    If anything like what we saw bigdub made gets used we will ALL be happy. Trust me. You can make ANY name into a cool logo/uniforms if you have the right designer.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    If anything like what we saw bigdub made gets used we will ALL be happy. Trust me. You can make ANY name into a cool logo/uniforms if you have the right designer.
    ^^ BIG DUB "MAKES IT HAPPEN"! (i have a make it happen loomis shirt he made..one of my favorite shirts)

  20. #20
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,250
    Cool. Where can I buy a nice pitchfork?

  21. #21
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    My Little Pony Friendship is Magic would be a better name than Pelicans.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  22. #22
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    My Little Pony Friendship is Magic would be a better name than Pelicans.
    I'd rock that jersey proudly.

  23. #23
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,687
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    ^^ BIG DUB "MAKES IT HAPPEN"! (i have a make it happen loomis shirt he made..one of my favorite shirts)
    I have the same shirt.

  24. #24
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    I'm okay with an awful name like the "pelicans" if we get a bad *** color scheme out of it.

  25. #25
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Will we have the singing/dancing pelican from the old Pelican Homestead Bank commercials as the mascot?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •