Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coxsports video : Hornets fans on Anthony Davis

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Also, "isn't overly successful" =/= "not good at it" or "bad at it"

Just saying...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And again, very small sample size. Even now, I doubt when we run isolation with Davis he's going to start at the top of the 3pt line. At least not until he has his jumper on point.

I for one hope he masters the turnaround J sooner than later. With that length, no one would blocking his shot.
    Tune in on Fridays at 12 noon for Sport-a-Facts with Ro Brown and Wednesdays at 1pm for Sports Revolution to hear me speak my mind on all things Saints and Pelicans related and more.

Only on WBOK 1230 AM.

Feel free to PM me for more details.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Lol DaThrone is becoming legendary with every post. I'm offically with DaThrone. Drummond>>>>Davis
    True Love

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! da ThRONe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    I think the point he's making is that it's a small sample size. For what reason, more because of the system or more because he's just not good at it, it's hard to say. It's hard to draw a conclusion from a relatively small sample, and even harder when some scouts have notably said otherwise beyond game situations (from combines, practices, etc.). Just like if I were to take Davis's and-1 three from the Vegas Olympic exhibition in combination to his viral video from the Kentucky alumni game where he sinks a couple of threes in a minute or so and flat out say that he suddenly became a great three-point shooter. Ridiculous right? Right, because it's a small sample. Both should be taken with a grain of salt.

For the record, I agree with your mentality of not crowning any draft picks, whether Davis or Draymond Green, before they've even played in an NBA season. It's one I hold consistent in all draft sports.
    Once again I think I have been made into this villian and people aren't looking at what I'm saying they just read "I don't like Davis" and then proceed to ignore what I say.

I see an unbelievable athlete with once an a generation timing on blocks like everybody else that will help a franchise. I think where there's discount between me and everybody else is how much better Davis is capable of getting. Most see a better offensive base than I do. They factor in his work ethic and assume he'll get there and if not he's still safe because he's such a gifted help side defender and rebounder.

As far as those skill I can only judge what I see. Yes sample says but that sample is so bad I feel comfortable basing my opinion off of it. Especially when there's no sample size video dispusting it.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Once again I think I have been made into this villian and people aren't looking at what I'm saying they just read "I don't like Davis" and then proceed to ignore what I say.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bestvillain5_zpse0278492.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	4361

Silly me maybe it was your facebook profile pic that threw me off..

Thread Information