.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 164

Thread: OMG, Drummond or Lillard - What Could Have Been

  1. #26
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Old enough to remember Magic Johnson and Larry Bird as rookies, lol.

    No seriously I'm starting to think the Hornets made a huge mistake. I argued with you guys for months before the draft saying we shouldn't take Rivers and oh no, you guys said he would be great, but now that I'm seeing the guys that I clearly wanted more than Rivers starting to show themselves to be potential stars, it is hard. Just hard to be patient.

    Rivers is a scorer who is failing epicly at the one thing is supposed to be good at. I think he's probably shooting less than 30% in the preseason so far. He's clearly not a point guard. Not even close. He is looking a lot more like Aminu than Eric Gordon if you know what I mean, a long term project.
    Sadly I agree with this. Rivers is looking like a projec, while lamb, someone I don't want is looking more polished.
    True Love

  2. #27
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,568
    I think Rivers has some serious potential based off a few things I saw from him alone. If we were to ever see it though, he has to get stronger, develop a playing style that fits him(he seriously has no position), and develop a better shot. He has the fire and motivation to do all this. The thing is unless he gets it together quickly, it'll be a few seasons possibly, but the dudes a quick learner. The dude is obsessed with improving himself, his drive and background reminds me of Kobe(Really)

  3. #28
    U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Monroe, LA
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Rivers is a scorer who is failing epicly at the one thing is supposed to be good at. I think he's probably shooting less than 30% in the preseason so far. He's clearly not a point guard. Not even close.
    1. Like a couple others have said, it's really NOT like the Hornets made a mistake. The players that you and others liked more than Rivers got picked before the Hornets picked...not much you can do about that without giving up assets that you already have.

    2. It's just four games (two weeks) into the PRESEASON of his rookie year. Okay, Drummond and Lilliard might look a little better now, good for them. I'm positive that not all solid NBA players came on strong in their rookie year. Some take a year or two to really produce. With all that said, you can't make definitive judgements based on a few games of preseason. Just as Rivers struggle should be taken with a grain of salt, so should Drummond and Lilliard's 'success'.

  4. #29
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055
    Lol What a depressing turn this thread took lol I really truly want Rivers to succeed though. He really is a passionate guy and I can relate to him a lot. I pray that he doesn't fall short. Just wanna see that IT factor I know he has.

  5. #30
    All-Star Razorpens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    1. Like a couple others have said, it's really NOT like the Hornets made a mistake. The players that you and others liked more than Rivers got picked before the Hornets picked...not much you can do about that without giving up assets that you already have.

    2. It's just four games (two weeks) into the PRESEASON of his rookie year. Okay, Drummond and Lilliard might look a little better now, good for them. I'm positive that not all solid NBA players came on strong in their rookie year. Some take a year or two to really produce. With all that said, you can't make definitive judgements based on a few games of preseason. Just as Rivers struggle should be taken with a grain of salt, so should Drummond and Lilliard's 'success'.
    Remember when Kyrie struggled and didn't even start his first game. I remember cause i wasn't convinced of the dude and thought kemba was going to be better so i watched the preseason games. Turns out i was wrong and he went on to win ROY. Ima bad scout lol
    Last edited by Razorpens; 10-15-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    Ballin

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Remember when Kyrie struggled and didn't even start his first game. I remember cause i wasn't convinced of the dude and thought kemba was going to be better so i watched the preseason games. Turns out i was wrong and he went on to win ROY.
    Were second rounders and even undrafted guys on his own team outplaying him too?

  7. #32
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Remember when Kyrie struggled and didn't even start his first game. I remember cause i wasn't convinced of the dude and thought kemba was going to be better so i watched the preseason games. Turns out i was wrong and he went on to win ROY.
    This is really encouraging. Thanks for the drop bro, I faith in Rivers drive alone for him to prevail. Also watch out for Darius Miller

  8. #33
    All-Star Razorpens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Were second rounders and even undrafted guys on his own team outplaying him too?
    hmmmm i cant remember that far now, lol, but he didn't shot very well. You can probably look up the stats right now. I dont think they had any second round or undrafted guys.

  9. #34
    All-Star Razorpens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    306
    just looked it up here it is.

    Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    11-12 CLE 2 0 26.0 0.346 0.000 0.875 0.5 3.5 4.0 3.0 2.0 0.0 2.50 2.00 16.0

    lol guess i remember he didnt shot very well and didnt start either of the preseason games.
    link: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kyrie_...eer_stats.html

  10. #35
    I will hope for the best. He does seem like he's a hard worker and motivated. I think we can all see promise in him. But the thing that worries me the most is his shooting. People that don't shoot well don't suddenly tend to start shooting well over night.

  11. #36
    All-Star Razorpens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    I will hope for the best. He does seem like he's a hard worker and motivated. I think we can all see promise in him. But the thing that worries me the most is his shooting. People that don't shoot well don't suddenly tend to start shooting well over night.
    Kyrie did when the season started.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Kyrie did when the season started.
    Haha kyrie has yet to make a three in any preseason game:P

    But seriously Rivers had a good 2nd preseason game.. he shows he can score and tbh no rookies have been playing good..
    Dion waiters the 4th pick has been playing horrible besides one game!
    Lillard hasnt been playing superb going 0-6 threes in a game.
    Terrence Ross.. is averaging 7ppg in 35% fg percentage
    Kidd Gilchrist scored 1 point in a pre season game
    And Anthony Davis has been blocked more then 100 times already.

    So Rivers imo hasnt been terrible at all!

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Look at the bright side, we got the best player in the draft as insurance for Austin Rivers. So if he doesn't pan out we still have Anthony Davis. At worse Austin Rivers can be a scorer off the bench. I mean i'm talking Jason Terry or James Harden scorer, he's got the potential.
    Hey if we are going to roll our eyes at the OP, let not make statements like this before the games/stats actually start going in the books.

  14. #39
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Jesus, relax. It's been three or four preseason games.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Jesus, relax. It's been three or four preseason games.
    Sorry, I'm a naturally paranoid person that thinks way too much. Always trying to stay one step ahead. That's my job. I will try to chill.

  16. #41
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Hey if we are going to roll our eyes at the OP, let not make statements like this before the games/stats actually start going in the books.
    You're consistent, I'll give you that.

  17. #42
    All-Star Razorpens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Hey if we are going to roll our eyes at the OP, let not make statements like this before the games/stats actually start going in the books.
    I knew someone was going to point this out, but you know what i meant. You want me to say it this way: "We drafted the person with the best chance of becoming a star".
    Last edited by Razorpens; 10-15-2012 at 12:47 AM.

  18. #43
    All-Star Razorpens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Sorry, I'm a naturally paranoid person that thinks way too much. Always trying to stay one step ahead. That's my job. I will try to chill.
    Dont take it seriously, these guys are unsensitive

  19. #44
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Hey if we are going to roll our eyes at the OP, let not make statements like this before the games/stats actually start going in the books.
    Well if he said Drummond, you would probably agree right? Yeah, you may a bit biased. So why are arguing so much? I don't get it dude. You obviously got your mind made about that.

    "I want ONLY 9 eyebrows in the starting lineup for the Hornets next year." I typed this before the draft lottery

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It is still waaaay too early, but man Drummond looks like a man among boys. To be that big, strong, long, explosive and athletic is crazy. Not to mention he was probably the most raw player in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Well if he said Drummond, you would probably? agree right? Yeah, you may a bit biased. So why are arguing so much? I don't get it dude. You obviously got your mind made about that.
    Clearly you missed my 1st post in the thread.

    Lol how you say if he was talking about Drummond when this thread is about Drummond. As far as having my mind made up ofcourse I do. If you mean I have my mind made up that we can't draw any major conclusions until the season is at least a few weeks old.
    It's sad when the person who starts this thread say Drummond and Lillard are great everybody clowns him. Yet I tell somebody to wait before they crown Davis as the best rookie this draft and I'm the one being unreasonable.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 10-15-2012 at 12:55 AM.

  21. #46
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Clearly you missed my 1st post in the thread.

    Lol how you say if he was talking about Drummond when this thread is about Drummond. As far as having my mind made up ofcourse I do. If you mean I have my mind made up that we can't draw any major conclusions until the season is at least a few weeks old.
    It's sad when the person who starts this thread say Drummond and Lillard are great everybody clowns him. Yet I tell somebody to wait before they crown Davis as the best rookie this draft and I'm the one being unreasonable.
    The post I was referring too was when the guy was talking about Davis and you've already jumped to the conclusion that Drummond is better than Davis according to you and honestly it's real annoying that you argue about Davis no matter what, it breaks up everyone's mood. Your just being negative.

  22. #47
    All-Star Razorpens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Clearly you missed my 1st post in the thread.

    Lol how you say if he was talking about Drummond when this thread is about Drummond. As far as having my mind made up ofcourse I do. If you mean I have my mind made up that we can't draw any major conclusions until the season is at least a few weeks old.
    It's sad when the person who starts this thread say Drummond and Lillard are great everybody clowns him. Yet I tell somebody to wait before they crown Davis as the best rookie this draft and I'm the one being unreasonable.
    Hey I was not crowning Davis as the best rookie of this draft. I was only trying to prove my point that he was insurance if Austin Rivers did not pan out

  23. #48
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,353
    Damn this whole thread is so negative. Can't we all just take a minute and realize the team has come so far from where we were in May, not 6 months ago? From not being sure if we were going to have a team to arguing whether one of our TWO lottery picks is going to pan out. This team is on the right road. Let's not get all upset if there's a pothole or two on the way.

  24. #49
    *eats more popcorn*

  25. #50
    NOLA Sports Addict Smow-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Louisiana
    Posts
    691
    While I was (and still am a little) a huge supporter of Drummond, after seeing the mentality of Austin Rivers, I'm not as concerned as I once was. It's just going to take time and patience. His mindset almost ensures he won't be a bust.
    Monty, Dell, and Benson: OUR big 3!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •