Pelicans Report

Thread: Game tonight (10/11/12) v. Bobcats, on TV/Internet anywhere?

Banned

Question Game tonight (10/11/12) v. Bobcats, on TV/Internet anywhere?

Anyone know? I have DirecTV. Thanks in advance.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Nope, just radio

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Nope, just radio
    Lame

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Nope radio and box scores for us tonight.
    Wherehappens.

I just don't understand...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    I just don't understand...
    I was saying this in another thread. In today's world of none stop coverage of every damn thing. How is it a professional event in the NBA not be on TV anywhere. They covered the summer league better than this.

This is why I feel there are entirely too many games in the NBA when you can treat the preseason as if it's the 1960's. How many Hornets games weren't televised last year? It's really a shame that the league can't be more progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I was saying this in another thread. In today's world of none stop coverage of every damn thing. How is it a professional event in the NBA not be on TV anywhere. They covered the summer league better than this.

This is why I feel there are entirely too many games in the NBA when you can treat the preseason as if it's the 1960's. How many Hornets games weren't televised last year? It's really a shame that the league can't be more progressive.

Its seems like its just the Hornets. On NBA, every other teams seams to have some coverage, and yet the Hornets just lacks it. Like i said, if i was a the game i would have recorded something ,but unfortunately, im at ULL
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The fact that ANY regular season game can not be broadcast locally is a joke. Preseason too, but less so. It is a lil' weird that every Summer League game gets broadcast but not preseason.

I know it's aggravating and we're anxious to see our team but why are we actin like this is new? The pre-season games are hardly ever aired. And ours aren't the only ones. Today Magic fans are wondering why their game against Philly isn't being aired tonight. If Philly doesn't have a telecast, they'll be listening to radio just like us. I guess we thought this would change with a new owner? As of right now, let alone preseason games, do we even know what channel the regular season games are going to be on?

ETA: Philly and Orlando fans are out of luck too.

Philadelphia 76ers ‏@Sixers
    It's not. Tonight's game will air on 950 AM ESPN Radio. MT @young_jab: game on tv tonight? @Sixers
    Check out the Kings preseason sched..

Kings kickoff against the Phoenix Suns on NBATV

The October 15th game in Sacramento vs the Portland will not be broadcasted

The October 17th game in Sacramento vs the Warriors will not be broadcasted

The Oct 19th game in Las Vegas vs the Lakers will be broadcasted locally in LA. If you have NBA league pass or by other means you should be able to watch this game

The Oct 21st game in LA vs the Lakers will be broadcasted locally in LA. If you have NBA league pass or by other means you should be able to watch this game

The October 22nd game in Phoenix vs the Suns will not be broadcasted at all

The Oct 25th game in San Diego vs the Lakers will be broadcasted locally in LA. If you have NBA league pass or by other means you should be able to watch this game
    It's not just Hornets fans pining to see their team.

there will be a video feed don't panic yet

Its across the board guys. un less you score a game on NBATV or one of the League Pass channels... its not gonna happen. You could try looking for a telecast from Charlotte but you won't find that either.

Not just NOLA...

It's not that I feel like our team is being targeted or this is something new. This is something IMO very broken about the league. Stern deserve a ton of credit for advancing the game in his early years as the commissioner, but in his later years he's done nothing good to advance the game.

There's a reason the NFL is king among American sports viewers. The main reason is the accessibility of all things football. Basketball has to much product to televise properly and it is pretty damn obvious when games aren't viewable to anybody not in the arena.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don't know, maybe they are trying to get more people to the games in person.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    there will be a video feed don't panic yet
    ???

The Kings game wasn't even televised on NBA TV last night even though it was listed. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Its across the board guys. un less you score a game on NBATV or one of the League Pass channels... its not gonna happen. You could try looking for a telecast from Charlotte but you won't find that either.

Not just NOLA...
    I do understand and I knew it was more than just the Hornets. But like Throne said, it's sad that the coverage is so low across the board in this day and age. I would go to the game if I still lived in LA... I know it's preseason but I complain every year... LOL Squeaky wheel gets the oil...

Thread Information