Pelicans Report

Thread: Missing Gerry V

Media Missing Gerry V

I listened to the Hornets/Bobcats game last night on the radio, and man it just isn't the same without the V man. Not trying to knock Deshazier, bc I appreciate his knowledge of the game as well as his writing and coverage of the Hornets. But as far as calling the game, noone was better than Gerry V. His insight, enthusiasm, and love of the game was shown every night.

I know Gerry posts on here, but what else are you doing these days Gerry? I saw someone congratulate you on a Fox 8 gig? Where can I find you on tv or radio?

Re: Missing Gerry V

I felt the same thing with Hornets OT after the game. Didn't have Gerry to last me 3/4 of my drive home talking about the game.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I too was very very disappointed. I wasn't expecting much, but it was even worse than I thought. Good thing I will be able to watch all the games on tv this year.

V is the best basketball analyst this city has. I assume no more Joe Block either? Didnt hear him on the way home... Got in the car after the game and it was Scoot talking about "who is the hottest woman alive"... boooooooooooooooooooo!

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    Gents! was at the game last night and will post here all season about my GAME NOTES.....I am now doing the FOX 8TV " Mornng Addition" 5-9am and also the 12-1pm...Also doing a variety of Radio Interviews in various markets...once i hear from the guys about the PODCAST i'll get it started here also...check out nola.com as well...I will post items here as i jot my game notes down during the games and will alos update you on some team trends as I see them evolve.

Thanks for the kind words!...promise lots of NBA stuff!
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    Joe Block has been gone for a while.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    Gents! was at the game last night and will post here all season about my GAME NOTES.....I am now doing the FOX 8TV " Mornng Addition" 5-9am and also the 12-1pm...Also doing a variety of Radio Interviews in various markets...once i hear from the guys about the PODCAST i'll get it started here also...check out nola.com as well...I will post items here as i jot my game notes down during the games and will alos update you on some team trends as I see them evolve.

Thanks for the kind words!...promise lots of NBA stuff!
    I'm curious, what are the first things you actually look for during a game?

Do we know if the post game show is gone for good? Or perhaps when the real season begins there may be a post game show?

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Do we know if the post game show is gone for good? Or perhaps when the real season begins there may be a post game show?
    There was a postgame show last night (Hornets OT), however, it was much shorter than it used to be. I assumed it was because of pre-season and/or first game on the radio.

Re: Missing Gerry V

Quote Originally Posted by wopester View Post
    There was a postgame show last night (Hornets OT), however, it was much shorter than it used to be. I assumed it was because of pre-season and/or first game on the radio.
    It was like 15 minutes long (including commercials) and just rattled off stats for the players with a handful of soundbites from during the game. Pretty awful. I would love an hour long post-game.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    I drive an hour to and from the game and was very disappointed with the WWL coverage of the game. I didn't hear any pre or post game show. Thought WWL was going to help build up the fan base but when their sports show 4-7 only talks LSU and Saints football I don't see how that helps the Hornets. I miss 106.1 and GerryV. Maybe Joe Gerrity can start a pre/post game show to talk basketball on that radio station that the Swarm is on Saturdays.

Email WWL http://www.wwl.com/pages/10170003.php
    I just emailed them asking for a post game show!

First thing i look for is the Body language,ball and player movement,that tells me a lot about a team being ready to play...also check the "off the ball defenders,that tells a lot about "mental alertness"...and in closing, active rebounders tell me about "live legs"....all of these are signs of readiness.

Maybe I need to start a weekly NBA SHOW......or Joe can use me as a regular guest on his show to talk Hornets.

Thread Information