Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hornets TV Schedule {merged}

I'm currently getting the Mavs preseason game tonight on Fox Sports Houston/Southwest here in Lake Charles. The past 10 years I was getting the Rockets game on this station while getting the Hornets on CST. Hopefully we will get the Hornets on this station when the season starts.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

On a tangent, I see the final 3 pre-season games will be on national tv. Two on NBAtv and one on ESPN. I'd like to know how and when this "soft launch" will be.

Hornets TV Schedule {merged}

Hi guys, I'm currently having charter and fox sports southwest is available in my area, does that mean that I'll be getting FSNO? This is getting really confusing, answers are appreciated.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    Hi guys, I'm currently having charter and fox sports southwest is available in my area, does that mean that I'll be getting FSNO? This is getting really confusing, answers are appreciated.
    Probably. FSNO requires a separate carriage agreement between cable companies and Fox. Charter is the only major carrier left to sign on. Most likely they will come to an agreement by seasons start. There will be a large amount of pressure if they don't as they would be the only provider in the area not showing the Hornets. Putting even more pressure would be the fact that ATT, Dish, and Directv all will be carrying the channel.

I am 32 Contributor
    Directv has it
    Fox sports new home for the hornets

Yep Directv has it on 678 for standard def and 678-1 for HD, which is how Fox Sports Houston was setup do it looks like it will be a part time channel on Directv. We'll probably get the per and post game shows as well as the games, but as soon as the post game is over, the channel will cut off. Any other shows probably won't be available. I'm just glad I can finally watch Hornets games on my TV without having to hookup my laptop to my TV and watching a stream of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from Baton Rouge. Does anyone know what cable channel we will be using?

Quote Originally Posted by FabFive View Post
    Which cable company are you subscribed to? Which channel is currently FSSW?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Which cable company are you subscribed to? Which channel is currently FSSW?
    Doesn't Baton Rouge have Cox for cable? If so, you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by triplela View Post
    Yep Directv has it on 678 for standard def and 678-1 for HD, which is how Fox Sports Houston was setup do it looks like it will be a part time channel on Directv. We'll probably get the per and post game shows as well as the games, but as soon as the post game is over, the channel will cut off. Any other shows probably won't be available. I'm just glad I can finally watch Hornets games on my TV without having to hookup my laptop to my TV and watching a stream of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here on everything you just said.

Over the course of the franchise's first 10 seasons in New Orleans I've had Charter and DirecTV and with the exception of the freaking YHT years, could never watch the team on a regular basis.

I love all of the changes this offseason. But none will impact me personally more than the new TV deal!
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by FabFive View Post
    Cox has it on Channel 38 I think.. If you have ATT or Dish you'll have to follow up with them as to what channel it's assigned but they will carry the game. Directv as mentioned is 678.. If you are in Ascension parish or Southern Livingston Parish, Eatel will start to carry the channel full time starting 10/31 on Channel 38 SD and Channel 738 HD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350413631.663515.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	4354

Just saw this today.. Looks like us Directv customers are good!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not what of us on Cox?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not what of us on Cox?
    You can enjoy the Mavericks games like me

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Your definition of "enjoy" differs from mine apparently.

I'm hoping they have this done, for the AT&T UVerse subscribers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I'm tired of the forced Hornet TV Embargo, I've suffered from since the beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by BRBoxman View Post
    I'm hoping they have this done, for the AT&T UVerse subscribers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I'm tired of the forced Hornet TV Embargo, I've suffered from since the beginning...
    I believe (someone can fact check this) but depending where they measure New Orleans to Gulf Port you may fall within the 75 mile threshold where they would have to carry the Hornets games on FSNO. Since they have an agreement for Uverse already I don't see why you wouldn't get Hornets games. You clearly are within the extended market at worse and should get the games.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    On ATT Uverse we are getting FSSW Dallas and Houston but no New Orleans yet. I guess it's good that we get those for free now? Surely we'll get the NO station for free too?
    Wherehappens.

Does Lafayette cox cable get fsno? I have cox channel and fs southwest right now :/ I'm really scared because I HATE streaming.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    It's pretty annoying that here we are, 9 days away from the season opener, and we are still trying to gather/piece together info. An official release with details that would answer all of our questions would be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I'm currently getting the Mavs preseason game tonight on Fox Sports Houston/Southwest here in Lake Charles. The past 10 years I was getting the Rockets game on this station while getting the Hornets on CST. Hopefully we will get the Hornets on this station when the season starts.
    I'm starting to get anxious, man. Looking through my TiVo...all I see on this channel are SMU programs, a Mavericks game, and other Dallas area things.....woof....this is going to be a long season if we can't catch anything. Wonder if we need to start making some calls to Suddenlink.

Again, the channel is not launching until Halloween. I have direct confirmation from Eatel they will have FSNO but they still show FSH in my guide,

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    I'm not worried that we won't all get it, but is it too much to ask for the team to send out a release with all the details/info, confirming all of the carriers that will have it, etc? I mean, opening night is only 1 week away. The Rockets got a new channel, too, and it went live around the beginning of the month.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Anyone have any info on if Dish customers will get it and what channel it will be?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I'm with charter in Thibodaux. As of right now, I won't have FSNO or NBA TV. What should I burn down first?

Thread Information