Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Gameday Thread: Bobcats @ Hornets

No video from that game?

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty said status of Jason Smith (back) and Xavier Henry (knee) is uncertain for Thursday game in Charleston vs. Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Mainly just his activity. I know he only went something like 3-10 from the field, but he was very active offensively getting to the rim off the dribble, trying to throw down some nasty dunks. Got to the FT line a good number of times. You'd see times last season where he would just hold the ball like he was scared to make a mistake, but I didn't see that last night. He had maybe one or two shots that he passed up trying to look for his teammates.
    Appreciate it man. Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by beastbowen40 View Post
    Aminu still can't shoot a lick though. I liked his hustle and length on the boards, I just hate a wing role player that can't shoot and his jumper is pretty broken despite being a decent free throw shooter. After the past couple years of ariza's pathetic shooting I was hoping aminu would improve his 3 but doesn't look like it. This could be the reason miller ultimately starts to see more time. Aminu will have to be a super energy guy that doesn't make mistakes to earn a long term spot and idk if he's got that. Love his upside though
    I'm fine with a 3 who isn't a great scorer as this team is currently constructed.

You can only have so many good shooters before it becomes pointless. With Anderson, Gordon, and Rivers (well, maybe not quite yet), and also with Davis having some range... Aminu fills his role just fine. He's a big athletic rebounder for the position and plays very good defense.

The comparison to Ariza is probably accurate. The problem though is that the team didn't have a legit shooter when they got rid of Peja. Ariza was basically filling a role he was forced into. The way this team is currently constructed could grow into something very special because everyone seems to fill a specific role perfectly.

I'm really surprised Rivers isn't a better jump shooter. He can drive at will, but that jump shot just is not falling. As a player's son, I was expecting him to look like Curry or Klay Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ10Hornets View Post
    Like others have said, it is unacceptable to not have any highlights. The NFL Network televised EVERY preseason game. The NBA doesn't broadcast even 10% of the preseason games on NBATV.
    I was at least hoping of fan recordings but nothing -_-
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Game was not filmed. No highlights.
    Wow. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    I'm really surprised Rivers isn't a better jump shooter. He can drive at will, but that jump shot just is not falling. As a player's son, I was expecting him to look like Curry or Klay Thompson.
    He seemed pretty sketchy in college, but he can shoot. Just hoping the rust I clean off in the regular season.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Off topic, but would anyone want to take over the Atlanta Hawks in HR's Sim League?

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    He's streaky. His form is the issue right now. Good indicator is his inconsistent free throw shooting. He's going to have to make his form work or tweak it. He has the potential to be a pure shooter. I think he can make his form work. I think it'll take time for him to develop that consistency.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    My phone takes horrible pics but here are a few:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1349905817-U10500.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	4342

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1349905979-U10500.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	4343

Hey guys ! If you look closely on the left of this video you can compare Rivers & Anderson shooting form. I don't know it seems like Rivers is pushing the ball or maybe he is releasing the ball when he is already coming down. I don't know (not an expert though) but he has plenty of time to improve his jumper. After all EG doesn't have a tradition form either and he is pretty good shooter.

http://videos.nola.com/times-picayun..._mont_101.html
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    They seem to play both offense and defense together. They played their best and won. I think Monty will get the best out of this group.

When your or talking about Scorers and Shooters on this team, please don't forget Mason, his scoring all of the bench will be huge this season.

Aminu will be great for us starting this season, if he doesnt turn out to be our long term SF we still have enough cap room next off season for another max contract offer to a big name.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty said status of Jason Smith (back) and Xavier Henry (knee) is uncertain for Thursday game in Charleston vs. Bobcats
    Playing them again? SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Playing them again? SMH
    Yes, and then Houston on Friday.

Orlando, Charlotte and Houston to begin..

They may be the three worst teams in the NBA this season.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Quote Originally Posted by Russy View Post
    Hey guys ! If you look closely on the left of this video you can compare Rivers & Anderson shooting form. I don't know it seems like Rivers is pushing the ball or maybe he is releasing the ball when he is already coming down. I don't know (not an expert though) but he has plenty of time to improve his jumper. After all EG doesn't have a tradition form either and he is pretty good shooter.

http://videos.nola.com/times-picayun..._mont_101.html
    Great video. You can tell that Austin doesn't shoot on the apex of his jump and instead on the way down. This pretty much negates any lift in your jump shot and makes you use more arm than leg which creates a hitch and reduces arc.

His shot would look much prettier and would probably be more consistent if he released sooner in his jump and in regards to his free throws if he just uses his legs more than his arms imo he'll be much more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    Great video. You can tell that Austin doesn't shoot on the apex of his jump and instead on the way down. This pretty much negates any lift in your jump shot and makes you use more arm than leg which creates a hitch and reduces arc.

His shot would look much prettier and would probably be more consistent if he released sooner in his jump and in regards to his free throws if he just uses his legs more than his arms imo he'll be much more consistent.
    I mentioned his shot a few days ago in another thread. The release point ain't that big of an issue to me because it fixes itself when you improve the form first. EJ releases from damn near his chin, but his form is still good and get his wrist under the ball. Rivers seems to shoot with the elbow out, which from experience, to me, nullifies all power and accuracy. I was told to keep my elbow in for every sport I played from basketball, to boxing (jabs), to throwing a football. It works!

I'll say it again, I hope he can make it work like that or I fear a guy who be a career 35% shooter from deep, which ain't too hot for a guard. Doesn't seem the coaches are keen on changing guys mechanics. Aminu is another that could use some deep coaching on shooting mechanics and it obviously ain't happening. Which is odd because I've seen Monty shoot and his form is damn near perfect.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-10-2012 at 10:58 PM.

anyone else at the game notice there seemed to be a lot of confusion re: inbounding the ball after a made basket? Davis seemed to forget that it's his job, multiple times.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch32 View Post
    anyone else at the game notice there seemed to be a lot of confusion re: inbounding the ball after a made basket? Davis seemed to forget that it's his job, multiple times.
    Unacceptable. Cut him.

Thread Information