Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Bobcats @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Everyone looked good. More than a few breakdowns defensively, but that's correctable.

Chief though, like what I see!
    MMMmmmmmm, this is what I like to hear! Care to elaborate?

Also, from those pictures, Aminu and Davis look a lot stronger. They are definitely putting in work in the weight room.

Davis has telescopic arms.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	201210092141780987031-p2.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	4333
    Those arms remind me of something....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image007.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	4334

I think we have a battle for the 3 between Miller and Aminu this season. Miller certainly needs more minutes in the pre-season campaign, I don't think that's even debatable.

Some heralded Miller as a late first round talent, had it not been for his consistent role as a 6th man, and his age... I'll call it seasoning, though.

I think he is more mature, and capable of filling a role required. He already has an identity and a style as a player and he has even played with players who are really successful in the NBA now. Aminu still needs to find his niche in the NBA, and I think with his olympic experience it will certainly help him make strides towards that.

Those two could be in for a pretty intense competition for the 3 all season. I don't see X as being a factor, though. Not for a starting position.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post

What camera/lens/setup did you use for those photos? That Robin Lopez photo is absolutely amazing!

good win, its just preseason (bobcats too) but it's time to build on this and develop team unity,defense, offense and find the best 5 to 9 players that will carry us this year.....davis will be in beast mode this season...my prayers there will be know major injuries this 2012-2013 season is key

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    What camera/lens/setup did you use for those photos? That Robin Lopez photo is absolutely amazing!
    Those are local newspaper pictures.

It was the Bobcats, but hell if that didn't get me even more excited for opening day.

Showed a lot of improvement from game 1 (perhaps its just cause its the bobcats not sure).
    Saw quite a few Allie Opps (sp?) to Davis and Lopez. Literally just throw it NEAR the rim and one of those 2 comes down with a dunk.
    Darius Miller looked good. Kid can shoot.
    Most important discovery of the night.....
    THE ARENA NOW HAS COKE!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!! BYE BYE R/C! (i walked in saw the first concession stand had coke, threw my hands in the air just started yelling.. THEY GOT COKE!!! THEY GOT COKE!!!.. i was fairly drunk yes.)
    Good times. Good game. Looking forward to start of the season for sure. This team will surprise many i think.

no highlights on nba gametime. just breezed over the boxscore. they did have dr. drew on talking about royce white's anxiety disorder tho

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Most important discovery of the night.....
    THE ARENA NOW HAS COKE!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!! BYE BYE R/C!

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    no highlights on nba gametime. just breezed over the boxscore. they did have dr. drew on talking about royce white's anxiety disorder tho
    SMH we are the only team with no highlights. I even searched youtube, and no one didnt record anything.

Unbelievable ............
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    MMMmmmmmm, this is what I like to hear! Care to elaborate?
    Mainly just his activity. I know he only went something like 3-10 from the field, but he was very active offensively getting to the rim off the dribble, trying to throw down some nasty dunks. Got to the FT line a good number of times. You'd see times last season where he would just hold the ball like he was scared to make a mistake, but I didn't see that last night. He had maybe one or two shots that he passed up trying to look for his teammates.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    SMH we are the only team with no highlights. I even searched youtube, and no one didnt record anything.

Unbelievable ............
    There aren't any highlights because the game wasn't on TV. Anywhere.

It's a shame too because there really were some highlights.
    Wherehappens.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Mainly just his activity. I know he only went something like 3-10 from the field, but he was very active offensively getting to the rim off the dribble, trying to throw down some nasty dunks. Got to the FT line a good number of times. You'd see times last season where he would just hold the ball like he was scared to make a mistake, but I didn't see that last night. He had maybe one or two shots that he passed up trying to look for his teammates.
    He was definitly more aggressive, but unfortunately his clumsy hands seem to have made the trip from last season as well.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I have a pretty good idea what pre-season is all about, but I still find the group that played most of the 2nd quarter last night rather interesting to say the least...and this was questioned a couple times last night too....does anyone know why Henry didn't see the court?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Aminu still can't shoot a lick though. I liked his hustle and length on the boards, I just hate a wing role player that can't shoot and his jumper is pretty broken despite being a decent free throw shooter. After the past couple years of ariza's pathetic shooting I was hoping aminu would improve his 3 but doesn't look like it. This could be the reason miller ultimately starts to see more time. Aminu will have to be a super energy guy that doesn't make mistakes to earn a long term spot and idk if he's got that. Love his upside though

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Anyone have a link to the highlights? NBA.com on iPhone must be messing up can't get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Anyone have a link to the highlights? NBA.com on iPhone must be messing up can't get to them.
    Game was not filmed. No highlights.

If I was at the game, I could have least got some footage on my iPod or cam. Sorry guys, but these non televised games is extremely frustrating as a fan. Unacceptable.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Did yall try the local news stations? I remember last preseason one of those games weren't broadcasted but ESPN used like WWL's highlights to show the game. There were definitely people video taping the game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I would've probably been at the game...but instead I was hanging out with Spike Lee.

*sigh*

Did yall try the local news stations? I remember last preseason one of those games weren't broadcasted but ESPN used like WWL's highlights to show the game. There were definitely people video taping the game.
    I see no videos on WWL. I watched Sportscenter for a while after the game last night no highlights. Was hoping to see a replay of some of the Allie Opps i saw at the game but no dice.
    I did find this site though Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    I see no videos on WWL. I watched Sportscenter for a while after the game last night no highlights. Was hoping to see a replay of some of the Allie Opps i saw at the game but no dice.
    I did find this site though Highlights
    Not cool!

Like others have said, it is unacceptable to not have any highlights. The NFL Network televised EVERY preseason game. The NBA doesn't broadcast even 10% of the preseason games on NBATV.
    Last edited by EJ10Hornets; 10-10-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Thread Information