Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Bobcats @ Hornets

0 turnovers in back to back games for both Davis & Rivers.

Davis had a ridiculously low turnover rate at Kentucky. The offense didn't flow through him, but he still was one of the few non point guards with an assist to turnover ratio greater than one.

I still think our best lineup this year will be Ryan Anderson & Austin Rivers (when Gordon plays) as the first two guys off the bench, but with significant playing time.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    ****, I watched the wrong game! Wish I could've replaced this one with the Magic game

I was at the game and the thing that I saw most and found important (preseason or not) is that guys were gelling really well. The chemistry was some of the best I've seen since this team's been here. Ball movement was beautiful and there was a confidence in the players that you could just feel. Anthony Davis was phenomenal. The reality of it all finally set in for me when I was at the arena seeing the AD, AR, EJ, Ryno, banners hanging up everywhere. I'm too excited! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by KennaBrah View Post
    I was at the game tonight. Aminu & Lopez got off to great starts. Davis got rolling in the second half. The bench did not play well tonight, which cost us the lead, though I'm kind of digging Roberts. With a healthy EG, I think this will be an exciting season.
    Judging from the stats, the bench did played well tonight. They struggled in the first half but finished extremely strong in the second half. If we can get 31 points from our bench, we more than likely win those games.

New Orleans Hornets have plenty to work on after 97-82 win over Charlotte Bobcats

With eight preseason games, there's plenty of time for New Orleans Hornets Coach Monty Williams to figure out which pieces will work best in the upcoming NBA chess match of a regular season.

These first few exhibitions, such as Tuesday night's 97-82 win over the Charlotte Bobcats in New Orleans Arena, serve primarily as educational experimentation, an opportunity to gauge which of the many new faces on the Hornets roster this season will be in the regular rotation once the regular season begins on Halloween night at home against the San Antonio Spurs.

""We're going to see what we have these first few games, more focused on competing and execution and then maybe around game five or six, start to move toward a normal rotation," Williams said Tuesday night.

Much as he did in Sunday's 85-80 come-from-behind win over the Orlando Magic in Mexico City, Williams consistently swapped faces against the Bobcats, keeping his young players wondering if their on-court performances were the reason for the frequent substitutions, though rookie Anthony Davis played 30 minutes as the starting power forward and had 22 points and nine rebounds, while fellow Austin Rivers, logged 28 minutes and scored 13 points.

Center Robin Lopez had 18 points and 13 rebounds for the Hornets.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Re: Gameday Thread: Bobcats @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Aww shucks. Y'all do care.

Also *spits out Arizona Tea* Robin Lopez had that kinda game? Out blocked AD? And AD dropped 22?

Nice. How'd he do it? I notice he was about 50% so he must've been taking a lot of jumpers.
    Yeah, he shot poorly on jumpers. When he first started to attack the paint, he was forcing the issue against defenders in good position to stop him. He went on a tear in the second half when other players started creating looks for him. The defense would collapse on Ander, Aminu, and Lopez of all people and they would pass the ball around to the open man which was usually Davis.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

What does everyone see in MKG? Would have gone T-Rob on that one..

Gameday Thread: Bobcats @ Hornets

I know by looking at his face that he absolutely hates losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lopez, davis, rivers ryno played lights out, rivers and davis have 0 turnovers in 2 games

Re: Gameday Thread: Bobcats @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    What does everyone see in MKG? Would have gone T-Rob on that one..
    Tremendous defender at multiple positions with potential to be a playmaker. Think Iguodala or Scottie Pippen.

Robinson is a good playmaker but not a gamechanger on defense. Probably most similar to being a bit bigger Paul Millsap.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't watch the game, but by the sound of things we looked pretty good. By the time the players actually learn our system, we're gonna be contenders.

Who looked best, what combinations worked/ didn't work? Any good plays that y'all noticed?
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Everyone looked good. More than a few breakdowns defensively, but that's correctable.

Chief though, like what I see!

For anyone who was able to see the game...how did Austin do? What plays did he make that were fantastic and what plays could you point out that he needs some work?

I see he had the highest +/- on the team at +26

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    For anyone who was able to see the game...how did Austin do? What plays did he make that were fantastic and what plays could you point out that he needs some work?

I see he had the highest +/- on the team at +26
    Offensively he was really able to get to the rim and convert his layups, but he couldn't knock down a jumper.

Needs to make open looks.

I also like this little tidbit from Nba.com

"Down 57-46 at halftime, the Hornets surged in front for good by opening the third quarter with a 12-0 run during which Davis and Rivers combining for seven points."

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Offensively he was really able to get to the rim and convert his layups, but he couldn't knock down a jumper.

Needs to make open looks.
    Yeah I really don't see him shooting very well at all this year from midrange, free throw, 3pt. I can't seem to do it with him on 2k... lol

His shot really is pretty ugly. I'm hoping he can tweak it a little so his guide hand isn't part of the release anymore.

How was davis tonight guys???

Its amazing to see only 9 turnovers.. Remember last year turnovers was our biggest problem!

Miller hitting 3/4 threes so far this pre season tournament and brian roberts with 4 assists aswell.. this is some good stuff!
    Last edited by Pantazis76; 10-09-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Davis has telescopic arms.

I was at the game and everyone looked good. Rivers is fast and looked good, Anderson was hitting everything from behind the arc and one of the 3s he hit the net didn't move at all. Miller looked really good IMO. He looked great on defense and hit a couple of 3 point shots. Lopez was a beast. Vasquez looked good too. The team overall looked good and this was without Gordon and Smith playing. I know its only the preseason but watching this game has really excited about this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    13 Pts
    4 Rebounds
    3 Assists
    0 TOs
    2 Steals
    That's the key right there for him. I expect him to be a 12-15 point, 4-5 assist, 3-4 rebound guy his first year in the league. Tonight was solid from a boxscore point of view. I want to see him keep the TOs down. If he can do that, Monty will keep him on the floor. Very encouraging stat - especially since he played a lot of minutes tonight.

Really interesting to see them talking about the 'big' line-ups used, with Davis covering the SF defensively..

With four big men in the top-8 of our rotation, it's fairly likely that the big line-up will have to be used at times, particularly against teams like Memphis, Minnesota, Utah and the Lakers.

Could see Rivers playing 30mpg as a combo guard off the bench this season. Nice to read about the Rivers/Monty relationship, and then compare and contrast it with what happened with Dion Waiters and Byron Scott in the Cle/Mil game today.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Thread Information