Pelicans Report

Thread: What area of play will warrant your "eyeball" attention tonight?

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

What area of play will warrant your "eyeball" attention tonight?

Coming off game #1 in the preseason is there a specific area of play you will zero in on tonight vs Charlotte?

Team play and individual ?
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

The same area that will get my attention all season maybe for some season's to come. Our ability (or inability) to score. Guys simply can't create for themselves.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 10-09-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Well overall team play certainly.
    I'll be keeping an eye on Rivers/Vasquez and Lopez/Smith.
    From the small sampling i saw last game I personally feel like Smith should be the starting center over Lopez. (as of RIGHT now. again very small sample)
    Looking forward to it! It'll be fun watching this team GROW throughout the season.

EDIT: based on last preseason game I'd like to see more BALL MOVEMENT on offense. It'll come with time.
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 10-09-2012 at 10:29 AM.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    Offensive spacing was not good in the Orlando game..thats usually the case with new players blended in with youth in the early stages.

Also offensive movement on and off the ball....Bigs were not feed their share of the required nourishment.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The same area that will get my attention all season maybe for some season's to come. Our ability (or inability) to score. Guys simply can't create for themselves. It's does not matt
    Wow you're already starting, aren't you?
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Wow you're already starting, aren't you?
    We put up 31 points in a half. If scoring isn't a concern God I have no idea what should be. You must really live in the land of optimism if you watched that game and came away without a doubt about our ability to score and guys ability to create for themselves and others.

We put up 31 points in a half. If scoring isn't a concern God I have no idea what should be. You must really live in the land of optimism if you watched that game and came away without a doubt about our ability to score and guys ability to create for themselves and others.
    Right, but you have to put in context that we were missing our leading scorer, had two rookies playing in their first games and a multitude of new guys learning each other, know what i'm saying? This it's certainly something to keep our eye on.

I'd like to keep my eye on pace.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    It's the first preseason game for a team that has had less than a week of practice that also has an average age of like 23

Take a breath, Throne.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    don't get me wrong because I feel we might struggle scoring too, but this game wasn't really a very good example to use....your best scorer not seeing the floor (again) and (arguably) your 2nd best scoring threat going 1-11 from the field...as for me, I will be watching Lopez and praying that he has more to offer than I have seen so far....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    don't get me wrong because I feel we might struggle scoring too, but this game wasn't really a very good example to use....your best scorer not seeing the floor (again) and (arguably) your 2nd best scoring threat going 1-11 from the field...as for me, I will be watching Lopez and praying that he has more to offer than I have seen so far....
    Yep so far... He is who I thought he was and we let him off the hook! (play on old dennis green quote)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Ball movement on the offensive side, and defensive rotations. Felt both were a little stagnant against Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    It's the first preseason game for a team that has had less than a week of practice that also has an average age of like 23

Take a breath, Throne.
    I'm fine. However if you are going to address me like I'm saying something wrong I will respond. This has been something that I thought would be a problem once we filled out the roster. Age has nothing to do with an ability to hit shots and more importantly create them.

I'm not going over board like I said judging by the guys on this team and their skillsets that I've seen them show it's a problem. The fact that Gordon isn't playing for me is also farther an issue of concern not the other way around. I expect there's going to be far too many DNP's for Gordon than what his contracts warrants.

You aren't reading much into of 1 preseason game that's smart and neither am I. I most certainly don't think Anderson will shoot that poorly consistently and as much as I'm the official "Davis hater" he's a much better jump/freethrow shooter. However these aren't concerns that I just developed during the game and it's not like the Magic are an upper echelon team as it pertains to talent.

LOL people just like attacking The Throne...Anyways, I agree with him. Yea Eric Gordon is out, but personally I dont have much faith that he will be around more than 50% of our season so I would like to know that we have a system in place that could carry us in his absence as well. Other than that, Austin looked better last game so I'd like to see some consistency from him, some gradual growth by Davis, and better play out of our Center position would be things to look for.

I am dying to watch the play of Rivers and to see if Anderson kind find his stroke.

Aminu. He is showing enough goodness to balance the badness. Will the goodness continue to grow?

He has the 'tallest room' on the team... distance from floor to ceiling.

Anderson's shot. We know he can get to his spot and get off shots. I want to see him hit a couple of them. How well we do on offense tonight will likely depend on his shot.

Vasquez. He was doing what he said he wasn't going to do in preseason game 1. He tried to do more than should have. He didn't play within himself and forced a lot of things. I want to see him control the game mentally and physically. He shouldn't be getting frustrated as easily as he did in the last game.

Lopez. Let's face it, it wasn't that great in game 1. We need to see him settle down and play his role. He needs to play under control.

Aminu. Play great defense in game 1. I want to see consistency. He has a tough matchup tonight against a very crafty MKG. I want to see him frustrate the rookie and force him into taking jump shots. I want to see him grow into a defensive stopper that we all think he can be.
    Last edited by Snarly; 10-09-2012 at 02:52 PM.

I am looking for better Defense. It is my belief that until our team runs flawless defense, Monty will not focus on offense. And boy do we need to install some offense

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I want to see how well they play together, although I believe they will play very well together.

Thread Information